NBC Sports Edge Forums

Jonathon Isaac 2017-2018 Season Outlook

15 hours ago, DavidbivaD said:

If he was just quiet it would've been fine for me.. his 0/4 is losing me my FG% this week :(

Just so ppl know 1 of those shots was Biyombo standing in his way for no reason and 1 they dumped a last second buzzer beater & he air balled it.

I am going to watch him for the next week. He is going for every offensive rebound which is good for fantasy & means he is trying.

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Magic are going to let this kid feast, and he is going to take advantage of that opportunity.  As a SF, in that line up, and Fournier hurt, we're looking at   PG: Payton SG: Simmons

They played 3 in 4 with a B2B Friday/Saturday. Sunday was probably a rest day. They probably practiced today and won't have an update until tomorrow because it is all about how injured players respond

This is a bad take.

Posted Images

38 minutes ago, rob0403 said:

Just so ppl know 1 of those shots was Biyombo standing in his way for no reason and 1 they dumped a last second buzzer beater & he air balled it.

I am going to watch him for the next week. He is going for every offensive rebound which is good for fantasy & means he is trying.

That's good to hear! Honestly I wasn't expecting anything at all this first game back, and still have plans to stash him for a long while.

I just was hoping for something useless, not hurtful lol. 

0/4 fg, 1/2 ft, and 2TOs.

Like I said, my fault for assuming he'd just be quiet without hurting, but lol did that hurt.

Also lost TOs by 1 lol.

3 minutes ago, bruceleroy7 said:

I'm really torn, James Johnson just showed up in ww. I've been holding Isaac for a month and really excited about his upside. What do you guys think? Worth the hold or drop and grab JJ?  (12 team 9cat H2H)

Bruh. I'm hoping Isaac can produce what JJ can by the end of the season.. ******** grab him.

• Thanks 1
6 hours ago, DavidbivaD said:

Had someone else to put into my inj spot. I had like 6 guys going whereas my opponent had 2 so I just needed him to do nothing except not hurt me. Maybe just get a steal or a block and shoot like 1/2 considering all he’d be asked to do is play defence in those 15min. 

Instead he gives like the worst line possible for me. 

Oh well, my fault for thinking he’d at least do no harm. 

And 8 team? It’s a 12 teamer with 4 bench spots. Did I forget to take my last year teams off my sig?

We are where we are in this thread, but I do want to let you know it was not my intent to have my initial post get to this point and have multiple posts sort of piling on. I apologize for that and the negativity you had to sort through. In general, I have tried to pump the brakes on the "hype" with my posts in this thread even though I am also holding him and I used your post to try and continue that point of view. Anyway, you had a thought process and logic behind your decision. It didn't shake out this time. Keep thinking things through and using logic and I am sure it will turn out better for your in the future. 

2 hours ago, thezing1 said:

We are where we are in this thread, but I do want to let you know it was not my intent to have my initial post get to this point and have multiple posts sort of piling on. I apologize for that and the negativity you had to sort through. In general, I have tried to pump the brakes on the "hype" with my posts in this thread even though I am also holding him and I used your post to try and continue that point of view. Anyway, you had a thought process and logic behind your decision. It didn't shake out this time. Keep thinking things through and using logic and I am sure it will turn out better for your in the future. 

No worries. Honestly if all it was, was your reply to me and my reply back to you, it would've prob all just ended there lol. 

Just while we weren't online, other people got in there, and I just had to clarify things ;)

S'all good and I do agree with you pumping the brakes on what Isaac would be this year.

If he can get up to 25min and give me some solid stocks, that's what I'd be hoping for as my end of bench guy! 

• Like 1

Preface - I own him in dynasty.

I haven't watched him all season but each time I do he looks pretty lost (including tonight) on both ends of the court.

Any magic fans out there that have seen a lot more of him? Please weigh in.

I have no intentions of moving on from him but he looks like he'll be a project for at least 2 years

John Denton‏ 
@JohnDenton555
.@OrlandoMagic rookie Jonathan Issac pulled from the game with 4:28 to go in 3rd Quarter after he limps badly while running up the court. He's in his 2nd game after missing a month with the sprained ankle.

15 hours ago, Slickthenick said:

Preface - I own him in dynasty.

I haven't watched him all season but each time I do he looks pretty lost (including tonight) on both ends of the court.

Any magic fans out there that have seen a lot more of him? Please weigh in.

I have no intentions of moving on from him but he looks like he'll be a project for at least 2 years

I think you are missing a huge piece of context. He sat for a month with this injury. Basically, he is a rookie playing his second game back with 1 practice under his belt. And you want to make assumptions on his developmental arc based on that? 

I don't really know what you were watching but this is what I saw. A really skinny kid that gets pushed off his spot on offense and struggles to hold up in the paint fighting for boards. That will improve with strength. On defense, he challenges shots without fouling, he has quick feet and keeps players in front of him, and he competes. On offense he spaces and looks a bit rushed/out of rhythm when he shoots. He cuts well and hunts for putbacks. He had a really slick left handed finish in the paint off of a shot fake from 3. There was a ton of things I saw that flashed his potential. And that was his 2nd game after missing a month.

The ankle injury sucks. He tweaked it a couple possessions before he left the game. I doubt it will be as bad as the last one. If you have an IR spot I would put him there. If you don't then I would move on or wait for a timeline and then figure it out. 

58 minutes ago, thezing1 said:

I think you are missing a huge piece of context. He sat for a month with this injury. Basically, he is a rookie playing his second game back with 1 practice under his belt. And you want to make assumptions on his developmental arc based on that? 

I don't really know what you were watching but this is what I saw. A really skinny kid that gets pushed off his spot on offense and struggles to hold up in the paint fighting for boards. That will improve with strength. On defense, he challenges shots without fouling, he has quick feet and keeps players in front of him, and he competes. On offense he spaces and looks a bit rushed/out of rhythm when he shoots. He cuts well and hunts for putbacks. He had a really slick left handed finish in the paint off of a shot fake from 3. There was a ton of things I saw that flashed his potential. And that was his 2nd game after missing a month.

The ankle injury sucks. He tweaked it a couple possessions before he left the game. I doubt it will be as bad as the last one. If you have an IR spot I would put him there. If you don't then I would move on or wait for a timeline and then figure it out. 

No to most of this.

Obviously I know he was out for a month, and know that he is a rookie. I scouted him and college and drafted him in my dynasty league so I am NOT making my assumptions off of his past 2 games.

That being said I saw that same things as you, and I would agree with you on his main issue right now being his frame and lack of strength, holds him back from challenging in the paint and being aggressive.

I haven't watched a ton of his games so I was hoping for a magic fan to weigh in. You're post wasn't off by any means it just didn't tell me anything I didn't already know, so I'll clarify better.

His main criticisms coming into the league were confidence and aggressiveness, and from what I've observed of him so far those COULD be legitimate as he's not assertive on either end. However I have not watched enough to know either way. So my question is for those that have seen him more, do you think he has legitimate confidence, aggressiveness issues or just general "rookie figuring it out" issues. 

I love his upside, as I've said before in this thread, and his ceiling is huge, I just don't know how likely he reaches it and he has yet to pass the eye test with me. 

RIP Issac's Rotoworld forum excessive hype machine after only two games.

Another one bites the dust in the long line of young players hyped ridiculously too much for weeks on this forum before they accomplish anything (their fault or not), only to be turned on rather quickly - Issac, Jarrett Allen, Frank Ntilikina, Bogdan Bogdanovic, Jordan Bell.

Up next - Milos and Torrey Craig

2 minutes ago, Tekno Team 2000 said:

RIP Issac's Rotoworld forum excessive hype machine after only two games.

Another one bites the dust in the long line of young players hyped ridiculously too much for weeks on this forum before they accomplish anything (their fault or not), only to be turned on rather quickly - Issac, Jarrett Allen, Frank Ntilikina, Bogdan Bogdanovic, Jordan Bell.

Up next - Milos and Torrey Craig

haha facts some people be crazzyyyyy

Craig i agree

Milos i think will actually stay on rosters and will avoid the popular "drop city" posts