NBC Sports Edge Forums

Jonathon Isaac 2017-2018 Season Outlook

3 hours ago, IkeDola510 said:

Yes is expect him to reach those stats. 1.3 blks  and a stl. High shooting%

His offensive game is unpolished but as the season goes he will get better. His defense is already close to elite imo. No worries there. 

There aren't many players on the wire with his upside in blocks. 

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Magic are going to let this kid feast, and he is going to take advantage of that opportunity.  As a SF, in that line up, and Fournier hurt, we're looking at   PG: Payton SG: Simmons

They played 3 in 4 with a B2B Friday/Saturday. Sunday was probably a rest day. They probably practiced today and won't have an update until tomorrow because it is all about how injured players respond

This is a bad take.

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, trusthaprocess said:

There aren't many players on the wire with his upside in blocks. 

Marquiss Chriss??? Lol.  Don’t know much about Isaac but what’s a fair comp to him?? 

31 minutes ago, chud12 said:

Marquiss Chriss??? Lol.  Don’t know much about Isaac but what’s a fair comp to him?? 

Chriss has been garbage this year, and he's still owned in roughly 40% of leagues. Isaac isn't even at 10% ownership yet...good question though...Aminu maybe?

1 hour ago, chud12 said:

Chriss certainly has upside but he hasn't done anything just..yet. As for Isaac, it's hard to say but wouldn't be surprised to see blocks and threes at around 1.4 and rebounds around 6.5. I think if he gets all the minutes he can (which is looking like the case right now), he'll be like Eddie Griffin in 2001-2002. With significantly higher FG% and a bit more rebounds.

We're talking Year one of course.

Year 2, 3, 4 and on...good lord.

Edited by Rotokilla
  • Thanks 1
13 minutes ago, Rotokilla said:

Chriss certainly has upside but he hasn't done anything just..yet. As for Isaac, it's hard to say but wouldn't be surprised to see blocks and threes at around 1.4 and rebounds around 6.5. I think if he gets all the minutes he can (which is looking like the case right now), he'll be like Eddie Griffin in 2001-2002. With significantly higher FG% and a bit more rebounds.

We're talking Year one of course.

Year 2, 3, 4 and on...good lord.

Interesting comp, RIP to him...but yeah, I'm stashing him for the hopes he adds around 1.5/1.5 steals and blocks. Vogel has been talking him up, so I'm hoping he's given the minutes to produce. We'll see though. 

1 hour ago, ROTY said:

What sort of upside value does this kid have? Top 100-120? I really dont want to miss out like when i dropped Mitchell lol 

Yikes, that move must haunt and than make you cry everytime you check the Utah box score. Mitchell prob ends up being pickup of year.  

4 minutes ago, chud12 said:

Yikes, that move must haunt and than make you cry everytime you check the Utah box score. Mitchell prob ends up being pickup of year.  

I legit feel sick every big line he puts up. Worst thing is the guy that grabbed him wanted sabonis off me when he was balling and i declined. I hate myself more than i should for not taking it lol. I offered him rubio and sabonis today and he declined. 

To add to that, i also dropped tyreke the game before he started playing like 30min with no restrictions. f--- my actual life.. i almost vomited on my keyboard having to type this.

• Haha 2
11 minutes ago, ROTY said:

I legit feel sick every big line he puts up. Worst thing is the guy that grabbed him wanted sabonis off me when he was balling and i declined. I hate myself more than i should for not taking it lol. I offered him rubio and sabonis today and he declined. 

To add to that, i also dropped tyreke the game before he started playing like 30min with no restrictions. f--- my actual life.. i almost vomited on my keyboard having to type this.

lol holy heck, 2 pickups of the year prob. You have to give yourself credit though as that is hard to pull off. Id stash Isaac and Bell if I were you and hope they boom. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, ROTY said:

Bro.. wtf you sounds like a Riches to Rags story.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, ssolitare said:

Why would he blow up if they already have so many guys blowing up on that roster? 

He's the odd guy that sits outside the starting 5. Outside of Payton, Fournier, Simmons, Gordon, and Vuc the team is real life and fantasy garbage. Isaac can play both 3 & 4 (or try to play 3) so he will get mins & even more minutes if there is an injury on that razor thin roster.

Isaac's competition is Affalo and Hezonja. Hez's confidence is at 0 right now. 

6 minutes ago, rob0403 said:

He's the odd guy that sits outside the starting 5. Outside of Payton, Fournier, Simmons, Gordon, and Vuc the team is real life and fantasy garbage. Isaac can play both 3 & 4 (or try to play 3) so he will get mins & even more minutes if there is an injury on that razor thin roster.

Isaac's competition is Affalo and Hezonja. Hez's confidence is at 0 right now. 

And Vogel knows Affalo has no upside. Expect Isaac to get 25 MPG at least ROS