NBC Sports Edge Forums

Jonathon Isaac 2017-2018 Season Outlook

3 minutes ago, thezing1 said:

For specifics I think the AC is the way to go or shoot a direct message. 

But, this is a really smart example of tanking a week or two in a H2H because of injury. One IR slot and Wall, Jokic, THJ, Hood out means you have almost no chance to compete until those guys get back. I think Wall and Jokic will be back with good minutes to start next week so you probably don't have too much time stashing Isaac. In this case, you are literally free rolling Isaac for your second half/playoff stretch and it isn't costing you anything because there is no way you win a week where Jokic and Wall aren't playing. I think you need to stick with THJ in the IR slot though, but wouldn't know for sure unless I saw your roster and understood your team build strategy. 

I know this should go to the AC, but he can go with my 3-6 (David West) method if he knows he's gonna lose lol. play him one game and you win fg% ft% to

Edited by blabety
  • Like 1
  • Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Magic are going to let this kid feast, and he is going to take advantage of that opportunity.  As a SF, in that line up, and Fournier hurt, we're looking at   PG: Payton SG: Simmons

They played 3 in 4 with a B2B Friday/Saturday. Sunday was probably a rest day. They probably practiced today and won't have an update until tomorrow because it is all about how injured players respond

This is a bad take.

Posted Images

IDK if this was posted but I didn't see it. This is the only thing I've read that says something at least.

Isaac, a 20-year-old rookie who sprained his right ankle on Nov. 11 and hasn’t played since, did individual shooting and conditioning drills Monday but didn’t practice with teammates.

Isaac said he never had an ankle sprain before his current injury.

“I didn’t expect it to take this long at all,” Isaac said.

“Every day I’m able to do a little more. I’m just trying to get over that last hump.”

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/orlando-magic/os-sp-orlando-magic-news-1212-story,amp.html&ved=0ahUKEwiugs6DjYfYAhVn04MKHc-HCpkQqUMIzwEwIQ&usg=AOvVaw3fcEXx8laJX0-x5FTa9wgL&ampcf=1

• Like 1

It sucks that he's injured right now because with Gordon out he'd have the opportunity for big mins and would probably be killing it at least with the defensive stats. 

Murphy's Law - Isaac will be healthy and ready to come back just when Gordon passes the concussion protocol.

10 minutes ago, Brandayz said:

Is he a must add in a 10 teamer?? with all these injuries?

Too shallow unless he averages a double double with two 3s and 2 blks.

Which he will not do with vucevic gordon simmons fournier in front of him. Just because he can play sf means he'll be good there. Look at gordon who sucks at sf. 

Jonathan Isaac (ankle) returned to practice on Thursday.

He's been out since Nov. 11, but the promising rookie should be back any day now. His status for Friday's game vs. the Blazers is still up in the air, but he does have a lot of stash appeal with the Magic banged up. He also has considerable upside, as he averaged 1.3 blocks in just 19.9 minutes per game.
Source: John Denton on Twitt

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, chud12 said:

Jonathan Isaac (ankle) returned to practice on Thursday.

He's been out since Nov. 11, but the promising rookie should be back any day now. His status for Friday's game vs. the Blazers is still up in the air, but he does have a lot of stash appeal with the Magic banged up. He also has considerable upside, as he averaged 1.3 blocks in just 19.9 minutes per game.
Source: John Denton on Twitt

On my watch list. 

33 minutes ago, Travis Burten said:

Have him in my 20-teamer. Building heavily around FG/FT/PTS/REB/BLK/TO and just grabbing steals/3s where I can, so he fits perfectly. 

Just scooped for my 48-team league where I'm punting ejections and building around +/-

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
12 minutes ago, jazzbear said:

Just scooped for my 48-team league where I'm punting ejections and building around +/-

Wow.  Never heard of a league with more teams than the NBA itself.  Fascinating

43 minutes ago, jazzbear said:

We just increased from a 64 team league to a 68 team league, and one of the league member's younger brother is complaining mightily about us not allowing him to be the 69th team. I think this is gonna happen every season. ;) 

20 hours ago, Xmantt said:

Too shallow unless he averages a double double with two 3s and 2 blks.

Which he will not do with vucevic gordon simmons fournier in front of him. Just because he can play sf means he'll be good there. Look at gordon who sucks at sf. 

You act as if he hasn't played this year. I he does the same hd did earlier this year with increase mins he will be fine. Him getting around 25 mins will be someone you want to own. 

He was getting 19 mins... earlier in the year as a rookie. You know that will increase

Edited by IkeDola510