NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Donovan Mitchell 2017-18 Season Outlook

Mitchells still a free agent in my league..

Ive been playing with picking him up for the last couple weeks but i have a few guys who do a lot of what he does and i still dont feel good about getting rid of Hood for him.

I have Hood, Tyreke, Wiggins, TJ Warren and Rondae.

Should i just bite the bullet and drop Hood for him? I have a weird feeling that Hood is gunna MONSTER this second unit role.. :/ advice please!

13 minutes ago, grizzlyshark said:

Mitchells still a free agent in my league..

Ive been playing with picking him up for the last couple weeks but i have a few guys who do a lot of what he does and i still dont feel good about getting rid of Hood for him.

I have Hood, Tyreke, Wiggins, TJ Warren and Rondae.

Should i just bite the bullet and drop Hood for him? I have a weird feeling that Hood is gunna MONSTER this second unit role.. :/ advice please!

Ac question but I'd drop hood. I already did. 

Still going to be inconsistent as hell. I have him in roto, but I think he is more a H2H play until probably all-star period. Going to be a few more bricklaying exhibitions yet, but I think the 2nd half he is going to be huge. 

Just now, Trade Monster said:

Did anyone watch the game last night? It seems like he did all his work in the first half and was very quiet in the 2nd half.

Only the first half, and he was way more passive with way lower usage than previous games, but might be a good thing as he learns the rhythm of the game and they slowly increase his usage. Hood seems so much more suited to the 6th man role

Have watched him closely the past couple games and I see a young D. Wade when I look at Mitchell's measurements and skill set.  

Pre-draft measurments:

D. Mitchell:  height w/out shoes 6-1, wingspan 6-10, standing reach 8-1, no-step vertical 36.5", max vertical 40.5"

D. Wade:  height w/out shoes 6-4, wingspan 6-11, standing reach 8-6, no-step vertical 31.5", max vertical 35"

Also in terms of playing style, I see flashes D.Wade as far as ability to penetrate in the paint, footwork, and craftiness around the rim.  A combo guard who sees the floor and can involve teammates.  Obviously would be a reach to predict a hall of fame career like D.Wade, but all the physical and mental tools are there for him to have a great career.

3 hours ago, El_Chingon said:

Have watched him closely the past couple games and I see a young D. Wade when I look at Mitchell's measurements and skill set.  

Pre-draft measurments:

D. Mitchell:  height w/out shoes 6-1, wingspan 6-10, standing reach 8-1, no-step vertical 36.5", max vertical 40.5"

D. Wade:  height w/out shoes 6-4, wingspan 6-11, standing reach 8-6, no-step vertical 31.5", max vertical 35"

Also in terms of playing style, I see flashes D.Wade as far as ability to penetrate in the paint, footwork, and craftiness around the rim.  A combo guard who sees the floor and can involve teammates.  Obviously would be a reach to predict a hall of fame career like D.Wade, but all the physical and mental tools are there for him to have a great career.

I see more Oladipo but I can see the Wade characteristic as well.

• Like 1