Jump to content
NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Donovan Mitchell 2017-18 Season Outlook


Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, summersoff7 said:

Brick city.  when he's off, he's WAY OFF>  i wish he took it inside more instead of settling.

 

I was actually thinking it would be one of those nights again where he singlehandedly kills my fg. I was preparing myself for the disappointment. I took a little nap and when I woke up boom! What a line! He even managed to redeem his bad shooting. Wow! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

He has so much confidence it is ridiculous.  I didn't pick him up because I usually just deploy efficient shooting guards (Klay, CJ, and Tyreke are my shooting guard eligible players) and I don't think he is going to be efficient this year (most rookies are not).  As he has had already, he is going to have some real clunkers.  But the talent is undeniable.   

 

The part that impresses me the most is his ability to get to the rack.  And as his shot selection (and shot itself) gets better, over time he definitely will become more efficient and not just be a chucker like JR Smith.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, Tekno Team 2000 said:

He has so much confidence it is ridiculous.  I didn't pick him up because I usually just deploy efficient shooting guards (Klay, CJ, and Tyreke are my shooting guard eligible players) and I don't think he is going to be efficient this year (most rookies are not).  As he has had already, he is going to have some real clunkers.  But the talent is undeniable.   

 

The part that impresses me the most is his ability to get to the rack.  And as his shot selection (and shot itself) gets better, over time he definitely will become more efficient and not just be a chucker like JR Smith.

I dont get the "doesn't fit my build" mentality this early in the season. Donovan Mitchell has top 50-60 value written all over him with his skills and role on the Jazz. If he doesn't fit, let him accrue that value and deal him (I love using hot WW picks ups as trade kickers in 2 for 1 deals that net you the best player), you have time to take whatever hit for a few weeks to improve your team overall.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, RCRanger03 said:

I dont get the "doesn't fit my build" mentality this early in the season. Donovan Mitchell has top 50-60 value written all over him with his skills and role on the Jazz. If he doesn't fit, let him accrue that value and deal him (I love using hot WW picks ups as trade kickers in 2 for 1 deals that net you the best player), you have time to take whatever hit for a few weeks to improve your team overall.

 

I am in Roto so yes I absolutely do believe in accruing value - I did this with Jaylen Brown and packaged him along with DSJ for Capela a week ago. 

 

In my situation (I am in a 10 team), Mitchell was picked up two weeks ago in my league before my Capela trade.  A day or two before Mitchell was picked up I dropped Favors for Tyreke, so let me know who you would rather have - Tyreke or Mitchell?  I did not have another droppable guy before my trade opened up a roster spot.

 

But fact remains, as a player itself, in Roto, I am not willing to have him drop my FG% - and his volume of high 30 to low 40% could potentially do that if I play him.  I am not fully against bad shooters (prior to this year I drafted Rubio every year), but for shooting guards I typically deploy efficient ones.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Tekno Team 2000 said:

 

I am in Roto so yes I absolutely do believe in accruing value - I did this with Jaylen Brown and packaged him along with DSJ for Capela a week ago. 

 

In my situation (I am in a 10 team), Mitchell was picked up two weeks ago in my league before my Capela trade.  A day or two before Mitchell was picked up I dropped Favors for Tyreke, so let me know who you would rather have - Tyreke or Mitchell?  I did not have another droppable guy before my trade opened up a roster spot.

 

But fact remains, as a player itself, in Roto, I am not willing to have him drop my FG% - and his volume of high 30 to low 40% could potentially do that if I play him.  I am not fully against bad shooters (prior to this year I drafted Rubio every year), but for shooting guards I typically deploy efficient ones.

Fair enough, in the end stuff is all situational, but if I had to guess most people weren't having to decide between Tyreke and Mitchell on the WW. Roto makes the situation more nuanced, but H2H folks can't have that mindset IMO.

 

I think we can all agree that Mitchell is a baller!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, rob0403 said:

I think Mitchell Is going to be at a point where he has stand alone value, not just value for a 2 in 1 trade. He's probably better then most of your bench lower end guys that you might as well trade 2 for 1 now.

This. I don't get people bashing end of bench guys that overperforms saying he's not this or he's that.  We don't expect them to be first or second rounders. But if they go in the top 100 maybe top 50 if we're lucky, then you got yourself a steal from the free agency or from one of your last 2 picks. He will have weaknesses and defencies of course. But that's what you expect from rookies and lower end guys.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...