NBC Sports Edge Forums

Donovan Mitchell 2017-18 Season Outlook

1 minute ago, fabrar said:

I don't even own this guy but I'm watching the Pels Jazz game and good god this kid is NASTY. This is a superstar in the making right here. He's so damn smooth!

Good for you whoever gave him a chance. I'm gonna try and pry him off his owner in the meantime...

Youre going to try to pry him after a 40 plus game? 

BALLS

• Haha 1
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I feel like the last sentence is the only thing that belongs in this thread. Everything else is a combination of "Cool Story Bro" and "Vent and Rant". Good work though.

this dude should easily be ROY, he is so much better then Simmons its not even funny. Simmons has empty stats and folds in the 4th quarter since he cant shoot while Mitchell literally puts his team on

That athleticism is off the charts, what a pure natural talent.. scary. He's got the entire package really (aside from posting up due to his height). He sort of reminds me of a hybrid between CJ Mccol

Posted Images

He reminds me a lot of Dwayne Wade when he was a rookie.  Came in turning heads with his athleticism.  Difference is this kid can hit the three ball.  Tough shoes to fill but sky is the limit.  Before you go nuts take a look.

Wade as a rookie:  16.2 pts .3 3pg 4.5 assist 4.0 reb 1.4 stl .6 blk. 46%FG and 30% 3fg

Mitchell:   15.6 pts 2.0 3pg 3.1 reb 3.2 ast 1.4 stls.5 blk 39%fg 36% 3pfg 

these stats do not include tonight. I can see him improving to wade like rookie numbers by seasons end.

Edited by jjbooda
9 minutes ago, letemfly said:

And to think, he was picked up and dropped two times in my league. Glad I took a gamble on him when he was still struggling with his shot.

I picked him up on November 3 after a 28 point and 25 point explosion, and he was kind of frustrating.  I was considering just stashing him on my bench after two horrible games in a row where he went 7-29 from the field, but then John Wall went down and forced me to just say screw it and leave Mitchell in there.  We all know what he's done in the last 4 games since...

• Like 2
1 minute ago, KilloWertz said:

I picked him up on November 3 after a 28 point and 25 point explosion, and he was kind of frustrating.  I was considering just stashing him on my bench after two horrible games in a row where he went 7-29 from the field, but then John Wall went down and forced me to just say screw it and leave Mitchell in there.  We all know what he's done in the last 4 games since...

Same deal with me. Wall went down and I was forced to roster Mitchell :wub:

2 minutes ago, ovofnd said:

Same deal with me. Wall went down and I was forced to roster Mitchell :wub:

We couldn't ask for anything more really when trying to replace a player like Wall.

Mitchell is obviously going to have another dud at some point, but I just want to sit back and enjoy this for a while.  Donovan wasn't the only one smiling and speechless.  I just had Khris Middleton drop 40 for me on the 22nd, and obviously I'm grateful, but I think this one is even more special since it was more unexpected.  Just wow.

8 minutes ago, chewchewski said:

i can't believe i picked this dude up. curious to see what his usage will look like when gobert returns. 

I don't think it will change much.  Owners of Favors should be much more concerned about Gobert's return.