Jump to content
NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Donovan Mitchell 2017-18 Season Outlook


Recommended Posts

I loose Jokic, Curry and Booker the last days in my keeper league but i'm 8-1 this week and 1st (3 time in the last 3 years i was the champion) and i rank Mitchell over Booker in the upcoming season(6 keepers). My keepers was Lillard, Curry, Jokic,Embiid, Booker and George.

 

I trade for Lillard(for Holiday) in his rookie season, i drafted George if he was out a year before, Jokic was on the waiver wire years ago and i go for Embiid in the draft if he play his rookie season in year 3. Thats so funny, that Curry is the only player in my team since i drafted in my  1st season(the others are BroLo, Holiday, Lawson, Favors and Kemba Walker). Now i add Mitchell now as the leader and 3time champion the years ago after he was dropped from the last team in my league. Thats ironic.

 

I think he is the best rookie since Damian Lillard. I was a big Eric Gordon-Fan if he played for the Clippers and Mitchell remind me a lot of him.

Edited by FantasyEmpire
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Trading Mitchell has two true outcomes, you get lucky and it works, or you're depressed about trading him for the rest of the season. The latter is FAR more likely. I'm very fortunate to have him still. Drafted in 14th round, can keep in 13th and 12th the next two years, so for me, there might not be anyone worth trading him for. I would possibly take a top five player straight up, but if he's a 3rd-4th round guy next year, 8-10 rounds of value on keeping him in a late round makes him worth a king's ransom. So I'm forced to sit back and enjoy his work.

 

I encourage anyone thinking of selling him high to aim extremely high. Not sure I would trade him straight up even for guys like Jimmy Butler in a redraft league at this point.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, kwelch said:

I feel like the last sentence is the only thing that belongs in this thread. Everything else is a combination of "Cool Story Bro" and "Vent and Rant". Good work though. Oh, and Donavan Mitchell is good.

2 hours ago, Jake the snake said:

 

Oh the irony, because there is literally nothing in your post that belongs... :lol:

 

You're right. I fixed it.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It is both unlucky and lucky that he is competing with Ben Simmons for ROY this year. Unlucky because Simmons will probably need to have an extended injury for Mitchell to have a clear path to ROY. Lucky in that not every ROY has a good career (See Michael Carter Williams)

 

Do you guys see a future All Star (in terms of real NBA production, not votes)? Why or why not?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, rob0403 said:

It is both unlucky and lucky that he is competing with Ben Simmons for ROY this year. Unlucky because Simmons will probably need to have an extended injury for Mitchell to have a clear path to ROY. Lucky in that not every ROY has a good career (See Michael Carter Williams)

 

Do you guys see a future All Star (in terms of real NBA production, not votes)? Why or why not?

How can you not see future All-Star? He's already better than 90% of the ROY's from recent years and was supposed to be "raw/undeveloped" or something coming in. If this is his "raw" first year, than he should only get better from here. If he maintains even a modest improvement year over year for the next few, he will easily be a first round fantasy player and a perennial all-Star. Also, it's not like a Tyreke Evans or MCW year where he's the best player on a ****e team. The Jazz have real NBA players with playoff hopes. It's like Dwayne Wade and Damian Lillard combined their DNA and out came Mitchell. I'm not even a biased Utah fan. It ain't even about his stats, just watch him play. it's an overall combination of attitude, aggressiveness, shooting, freak physicallity, and 12 lb. balls that leads me to believe that the sky is the limit.   

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Philzilla said:

How can you not see future All-Star? He's already better than 90% of the ROY's from recent years and was supposed to be "raw/undeveloped" or something coming in. If this is his "raw" first year, than he should only get better from here. If he maintains even a modest improvement year over year for the next few, he will easily be a first round fantasy player and a perennial all-Star. Also, it's not like a Tyreke Evans or MCW year where he's the best player on a ****e team. The Jazz have real NBA players with playoff hopes. It's like Dwayne Wade and Damian Lillard combined their DNA and out came Mitchell. I'm not even a biased Utah fan. It ain't even about his stats, just watch him play. it's an overall combination of attitude, aggressiveness, shooting, freak physicallity, and 12 lb. balls that leads me to believe that the sky is the limit.   

LOL just think about how high he'd be able to jump if he didn't have such a testicular condition! Damn you Sam Cassell Disease, DAMN YOU!

 

ua96jfixwsdbf2edld1c.gif

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, rob0403 said:

It is both unlucky and lucky that he is competing with Ben Simmons for ROY this year. Unlucky because Simmons will probably need to have an extended injury for Mitchell to have a clear path to ROY. Lucky in that not every ROY has a good career (See Michael Carter Williams)

 

Do you guys see a future All Star (in terms of real NBA production, not votes)? Why or why not?

 

Did you just put Simmons, Mitchell and MCW in the same sentence?

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, THE_MAGIC_MAN said:

ho hum, did his best work when ariza wasn't on the floor during garbage time. Still great %s and his shots are mostly all net or thunkers. let the good times roll!

 

Love that they keep him in for garbage time. His night just went from pretty mediocre to very good in 4th quarter blow out mins...thanks coach!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's crazy how Mitchell's been posting top 30 value for the past month, and borderline top 20 since he was named a starter / PG minutes staggered with Rubio.

 

I don't think people realise how amazing that is, not just for a waiver pick up, but a rookie in his first 25 games in the NBA.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, ovofnd said:

I don't think people realise how amazing that is, not just for a waiver pick up, but a rookie in his first 25 games in the NBA.

 

Jayson Tatum is slightly impressed ... hahaha.

 

At this point, I'm considering naming my next dog Donovan. Arf.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...