NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Donovan Mitchell 2017-18 Season Outlook

2 hours ago, ovofnd said:

It's crazy how Mitchell's been posting top 30 value for the past month, and borderline top 20 since he was named a starter / PG minutes staggered with Rubio.

I don't think people realise how amazing that is, not just for a waiver pick up, but a rookie in his first 25 games in the NBA.

Def been astonishing. For a rookie guard too. The hardest position, where there's more adaptation/adjustments needed to get up to speed (seriously look at the rookie guards and their %s).

Hes only been scratching the surface too...Mitchell has been getting better every 1-2 game increments and we are not even at the half way mark yet! He reminds me of a CJ McCollum/E.Gordon/Bledsoe (stocky-blitzy- hard nosed D) hybrid.

Superstar in the making for sure...in 2-3 wks it would literally be impossible to trade for him without giving up an arm or leg. Better get them offers in sooner then later...don't think he's going to face a rookie wall...trajectory keeps pointing up up up

1 hour ago, mcflywalker said:

Where do you guys think he’ll end the season, ranking wise?

It’s turned the corner now where I’m getting offers to add him with a mid round guy for a top 10 player.

I can't see him slowing down. Top 25 is where he will stay. In redrafts I would trade him and a mid round for a top 10 if that is a durable top 10 player.

It is the middle of the season, you probably can't replace the middle round player unless you get super lucky through a and pick an off the waiver wire guy (as vs the beginning of the season). That's something to consider.

11 minutes ago, KingDURANTULA said:

you'd know why if you've actually watched both of them play

I have seen them both play many times now (I like them both) and I am wondering why too?

Simmons is 2nd in the NBA in steals, 4th in the NBA in assists, 14th in the NBA in rebounds. Leads all rookies in scoring, rebounds, assists, steals. Shooting 50% from the field and almost averages 1 block a game (0.8)

I mean I could see if you don't really consider him a rookie. That is ok then. But if you do think he is eligible as a rookie, so why is Mitchell ROY then?

Edited by Tekno Team 2000
  • Like 6

10 hours ago, Tekno Team 2000 said:

I have seen them both play many times now (I like them both) and I am wondering why too?

Simmons is 2nd in the NBA in steals, 4th in the NBA in assists, 14th in the NBA in rebounds. Leads all rookies in scoring, rebounds, assists, steals. Shooting 50% from the field and almost averages 1 block a game (0.8)

I mean I could see if you don't really consider him a rookie. That is ok then. But if you do think he is eligible as a rookie, so why is Mitchell ROY then?

For me personally why I choose Mitchell for ROY is simple, he can make his free throws and he can shoot the 3... ?✌?

1 hour ago, JballFan said:

Is there any chance this guy gets traded so it can Ricky & rudy’s team.  This guy is way too ball dominant and killing other team members production

Sounds like you’re a Ricky/Rudy owner. Rudy will get his, he’s just coming off an injury right now.

Why would any team trade away their first round pick especially when that pick is already showing dividends? This kid is their future and could be the new face of the franchise.

ricky was never meant to be the face of this team when Hayward left, a prime facilitator at best but we are now witnessing the Donovan show.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JballFan said:

Is there any chance this guy gets traded so it can Ricky & rudy’s team.  This guy is way too ball dominant and killing other team members production

Hahaha, oh man, the salt is real.

Mitchell too ball dominant? Dude is a willing passer and is the Jazz's best offensive player right now. He's the reason why other guys are getting more open looks. Him and Ingles have a great rapport. His PnR game with Favors has also been good.

Do you even watch the games? Rubio is awkward out there, shoots long 2s, and is hesitant to play aggressive and draw fouls. He's not enough of an offensive threat to open opportunities for other guys out there at the moment.

They're calling plays for Mitchell because he's just that good.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, JballFan said:

He is better than Ricky. Better pray that Ricky is the one that is traded. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, SanFranz said:

Sounds like you’re a Ricky/Rudy owner. Rudy will get his, he’s just coming off an injury right now.

Why would any team trade away their first round pick especially when that pick is already showing dividends? This kid is their future and could be the new face of the franchise.

ricky was never meant to be the face of this team when Hayward left, a prime facilitator at best but we are now witnessing the Donovan show.

Yes you right me and about 100 ppl from the rubio&rudy threat wish this kid gets traded.  LOL!  But he is a stud tho, just wish he could be a stud on another team HAHA

11 hours ago, ovofnd said:

Hahaha, oh man, the salt is real.

Mitchell too ball dominant? Dude is a willing passer and is the Jazz's best offensive player right now. He's the reason why other guys are getting more open looks. Him and Ingles have a great rapport. His PnR game with Favors has also been good.

Do you even watch the games? Rubio is awkward out there, shoots long 2s, and is hesitant to play aggressive and draw fouls. He's not enough of an offensive threat to open opportunities for other guys out there at the moment.

They're calling plays for Mitchell because he's just that good.

Who said he wasn't good?  He is an absolute stud, but can you trade him so my crappy rubio get a chance to touch the ball? lol