NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Donovan Mitchell 2017-18 Season Outlook

7 minutes ago, ovofnd said:

It's pretty crazy how this thread only gets two replies from a 32-3-6-2stl-1blk-1triple (58fg) like from Mitchell these days. He's elevated his game so much we don't even flinch.

Mitchell owners are getting used to having nights like this that it's starting to get boring for them. Lol. But this is what happens to good players in this forum. You know the player is good when people stop posting on their page. It means they're used to it that it doesn't surprise them anymore. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, night said:

Mitchell owners are getting used to having nights like this that it's starting to get boring for them. Lol. But this is what happens to good players in this forum. You know the player is good when people stop posting on their page. It means they're used to it that it doesn't surprise them anymore. 

Never bored of my players tearing it up! 

1 hour ago, summersoff7 said:

you think this dude can crack the 3rd.4th round next year?

He'll crack the 4th round by ASB.

Mitchell is already moving around 20-45 the past month. The only reason he's ranked 63rd is because of his slow October. From November onwards, he's been producing top-40 consistently.

A few more big games before Christmas will move him up to top 50 territory.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ovofnd said:

He'll crack the 4th round by ASB.

Mitchell is already moving around 20-45 the past month. The only reason he's ranked 63rd is because of his slow October. From November onwards, he's been producing top-40 consistently.

A few more big games before Christmas will move him up to top 50 territory.

He just popped his head into the top 50 on the season on ESPN and is ranked 13 over the last two weeks...how did they say it on NBA Jam?

Image result for he's on fire nba jam gif

1 hour ago, Jake the snake said:

He just popped his head into the top 50 on the season on ESPN and is ranked 13 over the last two weeks...how did they say it on NBA Jam?

Image result for he's on fire nba jam gif

Haha, he's so much better than the rankings would suggest too.

Managers in my league telling me Mitchell is 'only top 60' to skew his numbers. He's crushing it as a top 35 option since he was promoted to the starting five in early-mid November.

Just now, Dazed_up said:

Trying to get this beast on my team. What are you Mitchell owners selling him for or expecting to get in return?

Realistically top 40, but I'd imagine a lot of Mitchell owners feel he also has sentimental value, so probably top 30-35.

1 minute ago, Dazed_up said:

Trying to get this beast on my team. What are you Mitchell owners selling him for or expecting to get in return?

Not sure about redrafts. In a dynasty league, I would move only for a top 15-20 player. A little less value than Simmons and same value as Tatum.

7 minutes ago, Dazed_up said:

I just moved Mitchell and Thad Young for Whiteside. Without boring you too much, I felt like Whiteside was a better fit for my team in a 9 cat FTM league. 

I have a bit to regret just because I think Mitchell and Thad are both solid contributors, especially Mitchell, but Whiteside is a pretty good return. I also am a bit concerned that the rookie wall could come into play with Mitchell, particularly with his high usage, but he’s defied all expectations at this point so no reason to think that won’t continue.

13 minutes ago, Dazed_up said:

I was offered CJ for him and I turned it down. Non-dynasty league. He's just more exciting to own. 

19 minutes ago, Joeklebba said:

I just moved Mitchell and Thad Young for Whiteside. Without boring you too much, I felt like Whiteside was a better fit for my team in a 9 cat FTM league. 

I have a bit to regret just because I think Mitchell and Thad are both solid contributors, especially Mitchell, but Whiteside is a pretty good return. I also am a bit concerned that the rookie wall could come into play with Mitchell, particularly with his high usage, but he’s defied all expectations at this point so no reason to think that won’t continue.

I think offering Thad Young might be too much (just my opinion) cause he gives you so many steals as a big. Mitchell +1 is decent value for Whiteside though, assuming he comes back soon.