NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Donovan Mitchell 2017-18 Season Outlook

27 minutes ago, #coco said:

Simmons has been in a slump and the sixers are on a losing streak. Say neither of their teams make the playoffs, does our boy mitch win ROY? 

Even if the 76ers make the playoffs they are in the east. Mitchell is the ROY. I own him and Simmons I dont think its very close. I have Tatum over Simmons as well. Simmons gives empty stats

4 minutes ago, sunz0r said:

I've never seen a draft class that has been putting up good kind of value their rookie year.. looking at Simmons, Mitchell, Tatum, DSJ (sometimes), Markkanen...

Don't forget kuzma, John Collins and let's be honest ball has put a couple triple doubles up. He's becoming an elite defender too.

8 hours ago, monkeyzonSteroids said:

this dude should easily be ROY, he is so much better then Simmons its not even funny. Simmons has empty stats and folds in the 4th quarter since he cant shoot while Mitchell literally puts his team on his back in the 4th

I know it's the Michell thread but "He's sooo much better than Simmons" in real is a joke.

Edited by Pirate
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, affliction said:

Even if the 76ers make the playoffs they are in the east. Mitchell is the ROY. I own him and Simmons I dont think its very close. I have Tatum over Simmons as well. Simmons gives empty stats

People going crazy. It's not even close? Empty stats? lool

The Sixers have a better record and won both games against Utah FYI

12 minutes ago, rush007 said:

Where do you think this guy will be in next year's draft in 9-cat leagues? I'm guessing late second/early third round if he keeps it up like this. He's no.32 in the last two months, and no. 22 in the last month per BBM. Crazy. 

Most likely early third unless he continues to develop and get even better after the all star break then he'll probably go second round. Hoping he drops a couple of rounds in my money redraft league. 

Around no.30 seems right, early 20s doesn't seem a reach though. If he keeps this up till the end we are talking about top40 this year and with expected improvement he can easily go top20-25 next year. Maybe higher, seriously nobody can tell with this guy, he is unreal.

Edited by RipCity0

2 hours ago, rush007 said:

Where do you think this guy will be in next year's draft in 9-cat leagues? I'm guessing late second/early third round if he keeps it up like this. He's no.32 in the last two months, and no. 22 in the last month per BBM. Crazy. 

2nd because he is a funplayer to own. Don*t think some owners draft more with brain as with heart.

Edited by FantasyEmpire

i know Donovan has already established himself as the primary scoring option and facilitator for this Jazz team, and he's putting up crazy crazy stats.. but i was wondering if you guys envision a possible uptick in his production around ASB? I mean, this guy he's been around for 2 months, which is scary. Is there any chance with might see a further improvement? Exciting times for DM owners for sure.

Edited by doomz