NBC Sports Edge Forums

Donovan Mitchell 2017-18 Season Outlook

The increase in TO's and rough shooting has been attributed to him getting scouted & gameplanned on now; teams aren't sending their bench players to guard him anymore. Jazz announcers talked about during the game, he's getting the attention of every team's best perimeter defender: tonight -- Avery Bradley. Last night -- Kent Bazemore and you can sure as hell bet that's gonna continue. Luckily for us, Donovan is also one of the most promising and polished young guards we have in the league. Just a testament to how great he's been during this entire stretch

• Like 2
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I feel like the last sentence is the only thing that belongs in this thread. Everything else is a combination of "Cool Story Bro" and "Vent and Rant". Good work though.

this dude should easily be ROY, he is so much better then Simmons its not even funny. Simmons has empty stats and folds in the 4th quarter since he cant shoot while Mitchell literally puts his team on

That athleticism is off the charts, what a pure natural talent.. scary. He's got the entire package really (aside from posting up due to his height). He sort of reminds me of a hybrid between CJ Mccol

Posted Images

First of all he had two bad shooting games in a row, not 5 or 6 and he is shooting 44.8% for the month of January. Moreover this thing with the scouting reports I find it an exaggeration. The guy is scoring 20 pts since the second week of the season so it's not that just now teams adjusted, they are not so naive, especially when Rubio and Ingles have been starting next to him all along. I don't believe the game plan was to limit Rubio or Ingles (Bradley or Bazemore would anyway guard Mitchell). Mitchell is the threat since week 2 and has been defended as one. Don't forget it's again an adjustment period as Gobert is back with the team and Favors back to playing the 4. When Mitchell drives Favors doesn't stretch the floor and nobody cares about Rubio so they give help to Mitchell's defender and it makes it more difficult for him. He will figure it out once again as he is extremely talented.

Edited by RipCity0
  • Like 3

I guess none of the frustrated folks here are statisticians or stock traders. Guys, it's called variance. Broaden the sample size and everything returns to normal if there wasn't an underlying change. It's pretty thankless of people to complain about this when the guy is one of the best bargains in the draft or off the wire in the entire NBA. We should all be thanking our lucky stars we own him, not grousing that he doesn't put up ideal lines nightly.

• Like 2

This guy was waiver wire material this season. The fact that he is putting up mid round values this season is amaze balls. If you have a punt TO team he should be giving you 4th round value in 9 cats. One of the most solid pickup of the year.

5 hours ago, rando said:

I guess none of the frustrated folks here are statisticians or stock traders. Guys, it's called variance. Broaden the sample size and everything returns to normal if there wasn't an underlying change. It's pretty thankless of people to complain about this when the guy is one of the best bargains in the draft or off the wire in the entire NBA. We should all be thanking our lucky stars we own him, not grousing that he doesn't put up ideal lines nightly.

The ppl whining about donovan mitchell are ppl I never have to associate with in real life lol. Dude is a top 5 round draft pick over the season and guys are whining over a week of "bad" games. 

• Like 1
56 minutes ago, THE_MAGIC_MAN said:

Some how he always resurrects his line 

Dude truly has a knack of doing this lol. 

i always check first half and expect a dud...and somehow he always turns it up in the 3-4th quarters.