NBC Sports Edge Forums

Donovan Mitchell 2017-18 Season Outlook

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I feel like the last sentence is the only thing that belongs in this thread. Everything else is a combination of "Cool Story Bro" and "Vent and Rant". Good work though.

this dude should easily be ROY, he is so much better then Simmons its not even funny. Simmons has empty stats and folds in the 4th quarter since he cant shoot while Mitchell literally puts his team on

That athleticism is off the charts, what a pure natural talent.. scary. He's got the entire package really (aside from posting up due to his height). He sort of reminds me of a hybrid between CJ Mccol

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, miasma16 said:

Cool opinion. Simmons is still a massive favorite for RotY, so if you're so confident he should win, tell Vegas.

His Yahoo 9-cat season rank is ahead of Simmons, so it’s actually based on data not just opinion 

• Haha 2
6 minutes ago, Jub Jub said:

His Yahoo 9-cat season rank is ahead of Simmons, so it’s actually based on data not just opinion 

A fantasy basketball ranking that downgrades Simmons because of a lack of threes and FT% has no bearing on the ROTY voting and rightfully so.

Simmons is first for rookies in assists, first in rebounds, second in scoring, third in blocks. In in the whole NBA he is third in triple doubles with five, sixth in assists and ninth in steals. And Philly has a better record than the Jazz. 8th in the East whereas the Jazz are 10th in the West. This is the data that matters.

Mitchell is real good and has closed the gap no doubt. But Simmons impacts the game in ways that Mitchell does not particularly defensively. For me, Simmons is still the ROTY.

• Thanks 1

If Utah wants to be good this season they need to dial down Mitchells usage and let Rubio operate. Obviously its a bummer from fantasy standpoint, but he is not ready to carry a winning team. 

8 hours ago, ovofnd said:

Heres a though... we’re in a Fantasy Basketball forum.. on a Fantasy Basketball Donovan Mitchell topic...

... talking about Donovan Mitchell and how good he’s been...for - catch this - our Fantasy Basketball team :o

Why tf do you keep coming back to this topic to spout your Real-Life-Vegas-Put-Your-Money-Up BS bro? lmao gtfoh

To be fair, I don’t think the person you are replying to is the one who started the ROY talk. 

3 hours ago, Auction>Snake said:

Wtf only point guards I'd trade him for would be curry or Westbrook 

There are 9 point guard eligible players ranked above Westbrook, 14 above Mitchell. I hope nobody takes any advice from this user, since he wouldn't trade Donovan Mitchell for Chris Paul. This is what happens when you think with your emotions instead of your brain.

1 minute ago, miasma16 said:

There are 9 point guard eligible players ranked above Westbrook, 14 above Mitchell. I hope nobody takes any advice from this user, since he wouldn't trade Donovan Mitchell for Chris Paul. This is what happens when you think with your emotions instead of your brain.

He's talking about keepers.

• Thanks 1
59 minutes ago, Stallion said:

He's talking about keepers.

49 minutes ago, Auction>Snake said:

Yeah I meant keepers/dynasty sorry I should of clarified. Mitchell will be top 10 within 2 seasons,  it's painfully obvious. 

Ah, my mistake. Carry on.