NBC Sports Edge Forums

Donovan Mitchell 2017-18 Season Outlook

25 minutes ago, meteorya said:

projection rankings for 2019?

Thinking more like late 20s, but would be ecstatic with second round ADP. Got him in 11th then 10th round the next two years in a 12 teamer. "Reached" for him in a tough 12-teamer. All the way to the bank.

• Like 2
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I feel like the last sentence is the only thing that belongs in this thread. Everything else is a combination of "Cool Story Bro" and "Vent and Rant". Good work though.

this dude should easily be ROY, he is so much better then Simmons its not even funny. Simmons has empty stats and folds in the 4th quarter since he cant shoot while Mitchell literally puts his team on

That athleticism is off the charts, what a pure natural talent.. scary. He's got the entire package really (aside from posting up due to his height). He sort of reminds me of a hybrid between CJ Mccol

Posted Images

4 hours ago, Carlos Correa said:

Is it possible his ceiling is a Harden type player before D'Antoni's system inflated his stats?

Wow, looking at his last year in OKC, I totally see what you're saying. Harden's FG% was way higher (but was a career outlier), and his scoring was 3 pts lower (less usage, therefore more efficient), but Mitchell basically is that James Harden plus some steals. Great comp. Instinctively I wanted to argue against your point but after looking it up, that is one of the best comps available, most likely.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, KuramaHiei said:

dropped by 3% in yahoo leagues......WHY???

Yeah well not surprising.  I see players like Durant dropped all the time on Yahoo.

18 minutes ago, Tekno Team 2000 said:

tumblr_o9u9coU9jT1uq8oszo1_250.gif

Still premature. Rookies: Simmons: First in rebounds, first in assists, first in steals, second in scoring, third in blocks.

How about leading Utah in scoring during its 11-win streak? The dude's Utah's MVP (partly due to Gobert spending a good chunk of the season on the sidelines). I think if Utah makes it to the playoffs, Mitchell will take ROY. 

• Like 2
3 hours ago, kwelch said:

1999-00 ROY     Steve Francis / Elton Brand

1994-95 ROY    Jason Kidd / Grant Hill

1970-71 ROY     Geoff Petrie / Dave Cowens

You never know.

Actually I think this will be the case...great call! :ph34r:

Edited by dfstout
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...