NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Dion Lewis 2017 Outlook

Boomtime

• Replies 713
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Bastardo! said:

He's like a startable version of Doug Martin.

I started Dion over Martin and won my matchup by less than 2 points.  Dion is always going to be on the lower end of the RB2 spectrum because of the timeshare and the long sad history of Belichick antics, but the numbers are there.

Probably easiest remaining schedule coming up other than Steelers wk 15 so expecting game scripts to be similar to the Raider game where they're chewing clock and moving the chains on the ground throughout the 4th qtr or earlier?   Lewis just seems to be getting better by the game and now it's looking like Lewis and Burkhead vs. the 4 headed cluster f#$k!  Loved the receiving TD last week!   Inked as my RB2 or at worst flex cause on this offense with the DST turning things around arrow is pointing up!   

8 minutes ago, disasterisk said:

Not with that defense.

Pat's defense has righted the ship as of late and the only super bowl I'm concerned about is Week 16 if I get there but like Dion's chances to be a big factor considering he faces Miami and Buffalo twice in the next 5 weeks!!  Yes sir, sign me up for that!! 

34 minutes ago, disasterisk said:

Not with that defense.

I meant the Pats are reigning champs.  Not that they will win it all this year.  I think one of these power teams from the NFC might be the pick to go the distance.

Back to Dion Lewis.  Looks like Gillislee will be inactive going forward.  Unless BB decides to punish Burkhead for fumbling.  Either way, Lewis seems to be the one to have.

3 hours ago, kidsgotsoul said:

Found the guy that apparently hasn’t been paying attention to how the NE defense has been playing the last four weeks.

They've mostly played trash teams that have neither amazing defenses nor capable QBs that can keep up with the NE offense. Those teams are not indicative of what they will see in the playoffs. If they face a team with a good defensive line and an offense that can do more than go 3 and out, the Patriots will be sent home.

1 hour ago, disasterisk said:

They've mostly played trash teams that have neither amazing defenses nor capable QBs that can keep up with the NE offense. Those teams are not indicative of what they will see in the playoffs. If they face a team with a good defensive line and an offense that can do more than go 3 and out, the Patriots will be sent home.

Didn't realize the Falcons(one of the wild card teams had the season ended today)  were a "trash" team

I had Lewis and dropped him in PPR.  The reason I dropped him was because they weren’t using him in the passing game.  Now apparently they are... if they use him that way again (this week) he’s definitely a must own.

RBBC’s are everywhere, and almost everyone is forced to start someone that’s part of one every week.  Lewis may be the best of the bunch...

Lewis’s talent is undeniable.

Edited by phatrat
Assistant coach content removed

Good game could have been great without the Burkass guy. Sooooooo Lewis is not the garbage time back, 3rd down back, passing down back, goalline back....so what the hell is he except for a guy averaging over 7 yds per carry??!!??

tenor.gif

2 minutes ago, nonstopfan said:

Good game could have been great without the Burkass guy. Sooooooo Lewis is not the garbage time back, 3rd down back, passing down back, goalline back....so what the hell is he except for a guy averaging over 7 yds per carry??!!??

tenor.gif after 2 big dion runs

He has a huge ceiling. Him and Rex split series. Rex did steal a td....he was subbed in after 2 big dion runs

Edited by Mikeyvegas

3 minutes ago, nonstopfan said:

tenor.gif

The in between the 20's back. Him and Rex seem to split series. 

This is Lewis' floor we're seeing, which is great. Could have some monster games if he were to be featured, but this is the Patriots we're talking about.

• tonycpsu changed the title to Dion Lewis 2017 Outlook