• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thanks for my new team picture!

Posted Images

29 minutes ago, Fiveohnine said:

2. I would have sold Kamara as soon as the comments became as ridiculous as they were in this thread when I sold Hunt. But since I don't own Kamara, I don't read his thread very much. I doubt there have been any ridiculous "AB + Freeman" type comments like that in his thread. But yes, I'd definitely have shopped him around if there were. If you still haven't learned that lesson, I guess you can't be helped.

You make your roster decisions based on the hype factor of a player fantasy thread of anonymous people who are not in your league?  Last I checked every fantasy thread has a bit of hype factor after big results same as it has a bit of heightened negativity post poor results.

I am always of the view that one trades versus the counterparties in your league for example you know that the rabid Miami fan pays a premium for Miami players vs the rest of the league.

My experience has been regardless of what the forums and blogs feel about a player there is not always similar correlation to my league counterparts. 

Your rationale and logic fall a bit short for me and I don't see the strength of that strategy u implement. 

51 minutes ago, P@ckersFan said:

Gotta start Collins if he plays

In PPR, Collins needs to score to be worthwhile.

Oddly, the Steelers have had trouble mainly with big RBs (Howard, Fournette and J. Williams).  Can the Ravens control TOP with Collins against the Steeler front, or better yet, get GL looks?  Not confident about either of those.

By contrast, if West misses another week, I like Hunt at home versus the Raiders in PPR.  RBs with Hunt's skill set have had big success against the Raiders all season.  

3 hours ago, afl5013 said:

What about this week? Collins with migraines vs PIT or Hunt vs OAK?

Rolling with Hunt expecting 70 yards, no TD’s.

1 hour ago, Rolling Thunder said:

Oddly, the Steelers have had trouble mainly with big RBs (Howard, Fournette and J. Williams).  Can the Ravens control TOP with Collins against the Steeler front, or better yet, get GL looks?  Not confident about either of those.

Without Shazier it'll be a hell of a lot easier.  

41 minutes ago, Rolling Thunder said:

Good point, but I still Hunt as similar to the several RBs that have had alot of success against Oakland this season.

I like to start 3 wr's so right now based on matchup it's hunt vs oak and miller vs sf.  I'm leaning toward Miller even though its a bye week for me i set my roster as if i was playing this week.

3 hours ago, dashoe said:

You make your roster decisions based on the hype factor of a player fantasy thread of anonymous people who are not in your league?  Last I checked every fantasy thread has a bit of hype factor after big results same as it has a bit of heightened negativity post poor results. [...] Your rationale and logic fall a bit short for me and I don't see the strength of that strategy u implement. 

Is it possible that his league rewards points for audience attendance, soldout stadiums, and merchandising contracts? If so, the hype around a player could be huge.

3 hours ago, sott3 said:

People really like Mike Davis on the road against the Jags better than Kareem? :wacko:

yes because Kareem hunt hasn't had a good game in 6 weeks. And Jax run D not good. They are ranked 24th. Just gave up 4.5 YPC to Gore and 7.5 to Mack. You cant pass on Jax so teams run and you can.

Hunt ... my man .. my flex .. returns to glory this week .. I havent said anything about him all year ... so one cant criticize me as some hunt defender .. but I got that feeling this week that he gets a little mojo jojo ... 

16 carries 82 yards 

5 catches 39 yards and a td

over a 20 points ppr game this week for my man HHUUNNTT

2 minutes ago, dnorma2 said:

Hunt ... my man .. my flex .. returns to glory this week .. I havent said anything about him all year ... so one cant criticize me as some hunt defender .. but I got that feeling this week that he gets a little mojo jojo ... 

16 carries 82 yards 

5 catches 39 yards and a td

over a 20 points ppr game this week for my man HHUUNNTT

I hope you are prophetic my friend 

9 minutes ago, daethfromabove1979 said:

I can’t envision Hunt seeing the end zone the rest of this season the way things have gone for him, it seems borderline impossible. 

We're talking the Oakland Raiders here.  Chris Thompson hung 32 pts on them.  Buck Allen 18.  Gordon 36.  Shady 33.  Williams/Drake 34 combined.  

See a pattern here?  RBs with 3 down skill sets have had their way with the Raiders.  Even Reid can't screw this up, especially if West isn't available.

Edited by Rolling Thunder
7 minutes ago, Rolling Thunder said:

We're talking the Oakland Raiders here.  Chris Thompson hung 32 pts on them.  Buck Allen 18.  Gordon 36.  Shady 33.  Williams/Drake 34 combined.  

See a pattern here?  RBs with 3 down skill sets have had their way with the Raiders.  Even Reid can't screw this up, especially if West isn't available.

If West is out again, I think Hunt has a 15-20pt day. If West plays, Hunt is on my bench for Robbie Anderson. Gotta be at least some light at the end of this tunnel.

I can keep him for a 9th round pick next year, but if he doesn't show up for a couple nice games before the end of the season I'm sending him back to the draft to torpedo some other schmucks team.

16 minutes ago, Rolling Thunder said:

"Even Reid can't screw this up..."

thats ts a mighty bold statement for what we've seen from hunt and the coaching staff. Don't get me wrong, he's in my flex because the upside is there, but I'm not happy or confident. You can use all the recent stats you want but it's quite clear where Hunt is this year. He only scored 16 points in PPR when he faced the raiders last and that's when he was getting utilized somewhat more. Now, we are stuck with an OC that wants smith to throw the ball deep rather than have Hunt touch more than 11 times. 

I think he's a solid floor of 7 points with a high a** ceiling, but let's not kid ourselves, he's a flex play at best. 

Edited by S1mcity
20 minutes ago, Rolling Thunder said:

You may end up being right, but I see another pattern.

I see a player and a team that have not been able to run on the easiest competition for the last month.  The Buffalo Bills game was the last straw for me, until the Jets game when even without Chark, Hunt was an afterthought.

I'm playing Rex and Morris over Hunt with confidence this week.

Unless I see a change in the playcalling there is no way I'm trusting Hunt in the playoffs. They have been going against teams that are weak against the run for several weeks and it's just getting worse. If you're that desperate go for it, but you're playing against the odds. Hunt stays in my bench for Morris, if by some miracle Reid gets his s*** together I'll be more than willing to put him back in next week if I advance. It's not the talent that's lacking here, it's one of the most inexplicable slumps I can remember for a team that had no significant injury. How can they go from best team in the NFL first 4 weeks to losing to the Jets is beyond me.

Well, they lost Chris Conley and Eric Berry early in the season.  Not suggesting that explains the dropoff, but Berry had a key role in the surprising win over the Pats week 1.

Still, their offense has changed.  They were riding hunt early and that opened up a lot of options for them in the passing game and on WR screens, sweeps and end arounds with Hill and Akeem Hunt.   Now they're back to Alex Smith throwing 40 times a game.  It's unlike Reid not to utilize the RB more. 

3 minutes ago, FeastMode said:

Well, they lost Chris Conley and Eric Berry early in the season.  Not suggesting that explains the dropoff, but Berry had a key role in the surprising win over the Pats week 1.

Still, their offense has changed.  They were riding hunt early and that opened up a lot of options for them in the passing game and on WR screens, sweeps and end arounds with Hill and Akeem Hunt.   Now they're back to Alex Smith throwing 40 times a game.  It's unlike Reid not to utilize the RB more. 

And they've lost every game they've played since they stopped feeding Hunt the ball. They better wake up.

Edited by Mr.STD

I just don't understand why what is obvious to any Armchair General is escaping a professional football coach.

When you ran Hunt all the time and got him involved in the short passing game, it complimented everything else,  helped out Alex, and you were winning....Kelce, Tyreek Hill, and Hunt all involved = money

Doesn't seem possible given the physical skills we saw from Hunt that he regressed so much.

Edited by Dead Money
7 minutes ago, Dead Money said:

I just don't understand why what is obvious to any Armchair General is escaping a professional football coach.

When you ran Hunt all the time and got him involved in the short the passing game, it complimented everything else and you were winning....Kelce, Tyreek Hill, and Hunt all involved = money

Doesn't seem possible given the physical skills we saw from Hunt that he regressed so much.

I wouldn’t call 4.4 ypc and adding 3 catches as him regressing.  Hard to produce when you’re given 9 carries.  When your team is up 14-0 and you can’t even get fed, it’s clearly not his fault.