NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Kareem Hunt 2017 Outlook

jetfan1983

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Zorak said:

Sell high on Hunt if you drafted him like 5th round or later and got the depth. But if you drafted him like a RB1, you got what you were hoping for.

Or if you drafted him as your RB3, keep him in the flex and have a huge advantage every week.

Really hope Tyreek Hill is 100% healthy because Hunt's long TD reception doesn't happen without Hill's motion. It froze everyone and the safety 100% committed to Hill, leaving the middle open and Hunt covered one-on-one by a linebacker. Great pass by Alex Smith and great finish by Hunt. Well-designed and executed play. Have to also give Andy Reid props for this one.

I'm watching the game right now on DVR. That run he made at the 8:24 mark in the 4th quarter was impressive. Smith hands off to him in the pistol. The Patriots got enough penetration to make Hunt break off the play to the right side, he stiff armed #93 a DT, made a safety miss by juking to the right and hurdle him to pick up the first down for a 6 yard game. He did all of that with no blocking all those guys were unblocked 

Edited by Cdub2k

3 minutes ago, timexsocialclub said:

I'd honestly hold. He looks like a supreme running back. Can catch, vision, has enough wiggle, power and speed. He is elusive and in an Andy Reid offense. Bell's injury history scares me a little. See what the rookie can do.

Damnit here I was thinking there can actually be a nice admiration of a player without me having to get into some stupid argument about how one game doesn't make you better than a player that has dominated and looked absolutely elite for some time. What Hunt did is impressive but you know what's more impressive? 300 scrimmage yards and 3 TDs. Sort of like what Bell did last year since apparently taking one game is a better idea than a sample.

2 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

Damnit here I was thinking there can actually be a nice admiration of a player without me having to get into some stupid argument about how one game doesn't make you better than a player that has dominated and looked absolutely elite for some time. What Hunt did is impressive but you know what's more impressive? 300 scrimmage yards and 3 TDs. Sort of like what Bell did last year since apparently taking one game is a better idea than a sample.

Your prerogative.

9 minutes ago, timexsocialclub said:

I'd honestly hold. He looks like a supreme running back. Can catch, vision, has enough wiggle, power and speed. He is elusive and in an Andy Reid offense. Bell's injury history scares me a little. See what the rookie can do.

I literally have nothing to say about this

2 minutes ago, mmcc1029 said:

you'd take that over 243 yards and 3 tds? as the best debut ever ? 

It's difficult to compare across eras. Boldin's rookie year was the same year Jamal Lewis averaged 129 rushing yards per game. They're comparable, it's not worth arguing about one way or another.

This whole trade vs hold thing shouldn't even be debated.

The only trades you should make this early is if you're clearly getting an amazing deal. 

Kid had a fantastic game that was aided by the Patriots porous defense. Whats clear to me is Reid has no problem using Hunt like he did with Ware in terms of passing. That bodes very well for his floor moving forward.

I really hope Smith is starting to get a little more liberal with his passing. He's got weapons now. He looked great out there. If he continues that kind of play, Hunt, Hill and Kelce are going to have tremendous years.