NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Kareem Hunt 2017 Outlook

jetfan1983

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, BronXBombers51 said:

Call me crazy but the only 2 RBs I'd auto-accept in a trade for Hunt are DJ and Bell. 

Then again, I didn't like most of the rest of the top RBs at all this year anyway. I think Hunt certainly belongs among the Freemans and McCoys and Gordons now. 

Absolutely. I would decline Gordon or McCoy for Hunt straight up but throw in a good WR and I would consider it. 

3 minutes ago, BronXBombers51 said:

Call me crazy but the only 2 RBs I'd auto-accept in a trade for Hunt are DJ and Bell. 

Then again, I didn't like most of the rest of the top RBs at all this year anyway. I think Hunt certainly belongs among the Freemans and McCoys and Gordons now. 

I can agree with that, except I would probably trade him for Freeman, too. Of course, I have Hunt and Freeman so that wouldn't really work, lol. It would depend on what the rest of the offer looked like. 

The ONLY reason you should even think about trading him is:

1) If you got him late and have 2 other RB1 caliber starters (think Gurley and above) 

2) ...and are weak at WR.  

You'd then look to flip him for a top tier WR1 (think AJ Green and above) to round out your starting lineup. 

Otherwise you hold. I wouldn't want any other RB outside of the top 2 for this guy right now... they're all older and have more question marks. Plus trading the same position for position straight up is always a crapshoot unless the other guy is an idiot. 

I actually have him in a league with Gurley and Zeke, so if the Zeke suspension gets postponed until next year I may send some feelers out for top end WRs.

12 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

I can agree with that, except I would probably trade him for Freeman, too. Of course, I have Hunt and Freeman so that wouldn't really work, lol. It would depend on what the rest of the offer looked like. 

I almost put Freeman in that group too, because I would *probably* take him for Hunt too, but I don't think it's a slam dunk and I wouldn't criticize someone for turning it down.

30 minutes ago, Nyblazer11235 said:

So do we sell high here? By high I mean like an odb type while he still has the injury concerns.

i know it sounds like a no brainer but dude looked like vintage bell out there with the cuts jukes and power running.

Depends on your roster, and if there are any glaring holes that can be addressed. I'm satisfied with my WR corps and am more than happy to keep Hunt as my RB2 behind Freeman

This thread is getting a bit outlandish with all this trade talk. 

If you don't have him now, you're not getting him this week. Simple as that. 

If you have him now. Enjoy the ride, no one is going to offer you what you think is fair for what you're likely presuming to be the next Jamaal Charles. 

Hunt had a great game and they currently have 2 RBs on the roster. He's in a great spot as of today. 

Sell highs should always be considered, however when you're on cloud 9, it's likely no offer will ever reach that high 

After last night it's obvious the talent is there.  With Ware down the opportunity is there.  That's all a player needs.  There's no way he has a night like last night every week, or even a majority of the time.  But he just went to must start status.  RB1 production from his ADP is great value.

1 hour ago, cohenstantinople said:

I posted this in the game thread last night. Thought it's worth re-posting here: a challenging catch and the rookie's first TD in the NFL.

W1-Hunt-TD1.jpg

It's almost like he's a fantastic pass catcher with the ability to turn upfield quickly despite not having a 40 time of "running backs" like Tavon Austin, Jhavid Best, Tyreek Hill, and Dion Lewis... who would have thought?  @Robrain