NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Kareem Hunt 2017 Outlook

jetfan1983

10 minutes ago, boltup15 said:

let me post something from the equity market to make myself sounds so smart... - "boltup15 2017"

drop it man... Fantasy Football is the last thing that replicates the equity market...

and out of all the Greats, you chose Nassim Taleb who is a professor and not a professional trader like Druckermiller... sounds very legit

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, boltup15 said:

History is not on your side. 

What does history have to do with this discussion? They play with today's players, against today's opponents. Everything that happened in the past is now null and void and the season starts new. No, they never had a relevant offense, but that's as relevant as them never playing in purple shirts. Look at today: there's talent, and there's potential. Very cool potential in the case of Hunt, very shaky potential in the case of Smith, but history is not a factor in this at all.

2 minutes ago, Boudewijn said:

What does history have to do with this discussion? They play with today's players, against today's opponents.

*Sigh* Alex Smith since as a Chief has never led this offense to being top 20 in yards. Betting that the Chiefs will now be top 10 is not the smartest bet especially when this offensive is extremely similar to last year's. That's what the discussion was about. 

9 minutes ago, Szer0 said:

let me post something from the equity market to make myself sounds so smart... - "boltup15 2017"

drop it man... Fantasy Football is the last thing that replicates the equity market...

and out of all the Greats, you chose Nassim Taleb who is a professor and not a professional trader like Druckermiller... sounds very legit

To make myself sound* so smart. 

1 hour ago, boltup15 said:

*Sigh* Alex Smith since as a Chief has never led this offense to being top 20 in yards. Betting that the Chiefs will now be top 10 is not the smartest bet especially when this offensive is extremely similar to last year's. That's what the discussion was about. 

The offense is not "extremely similar" to last years. For starters they have the most dynamic RB that Reid handpicked who obviously adds a dimension since Jamaal Charles. They also have Tyreek Hill who was a part time player his rookie season looking like the focal point of the offense. They have one of the 3 best right ends in the NFL. And a QB who may not be flashy but wins 10 games every year. It's hardly out of the realm they finish as a top 10 offense. 

5 hours ago, boltup15 said:

Maybe I'm misunderstanding your point but why does Alex Smith have to have a top 10 season in order for Hunt to succeed? Smith being average at best didn't seem to hinder Jamaal Charles elite production over the years.

Anyone else think Kareem Hunt is an Emmitt Smith clone?  They seem to entertain the same running style. They have similar builds, and speed and both excel at agility, balance/low center of gravity, vision, etc.  Hunt is a little bigger and seems a more naturally receiver but the rest of their play seem very close to me. 

I see no popular comparisons between the two, so I am wondering if I am far off or perhaps Smith has not played in so long, many do not recall him easily enough to see the similarities. 

Edited by nine9s

1 hour ago, omnom1337 said:

I know this means little, but the Chiefs released CJ Spiller again. They're making room for some other RB named Akeem Hunt (can't make this stuff up). I wouldn't worry about this Hunt getting more than a few snaps. They like what he does on special teams, I think.

Would it be wrong to pick up Akeem Hunt and then propose a bunch of trades involving him for a WR3 to see if there's an owner not paying attention?

1 hour ago, omnom1337 said:

I know this means little, but the Chiefs released CJ Spiller again. They're making room for some other RB named Akeem Hunt (can't make this stuff up). I wouldn't worry about this Hunt getting more than a few snaps. They like what he does on special teams, I think.

"The move makes room for RB Akeem Hunt, who the Chiefs apparently like more on special teams. Spiller has now been released three times by the Chiefs in the last two weeks. "

This is getting kind of kooky.

giphy.gif

2 hours ago, omnom1337 said:

Scouting report on Akeem Hunt. He was a player for Purdue a few years ago (and to make it funny that Hunt is now backing up an RB named Hunt, at Purdue he was splitting time in the backfield with Akeem Shavers -- we had two Akeem's, now KC has two Hunt's).

He was one of the best players on a bad football team (our OC was John Shoop, so that explains all). Really solid player in the college ranks. Averaged 5.5 ypc and 6.1 ypr as a receiver, again on a very bad team with a terrible OL. Good vision, good burst, definitely capable of playing 3 downs.

Still unlikely to see the field much outside of special teams, but while CJ Spiller probably has more overall talent as a receiver, Akeem IMHO is a more capable 3-down replacement for Kareem.

21 minutes ago, Lord_Varys said:

Grab Charck if you can. You'll be guaranteed a bell cow all year long in case something happens, and we know he can fill in and do well if necessary. There is no rb3 on this team. Nice combo of a solid starter in a good system with a cheap, capable handcuff. 

The guy who has charck is tryinh to get Derrick Henry off me

Just to clarify for those tuning in, we're talking about two different RBs entirely, both HUNTS, both with Middle Eastern names, both Chiefs, with the angry brooding Akeem who will only take up space on your roster, and the loveable cheerful Kareem who will lead you into the playoffs.

AkeemHunt.jpg

KareemHunt.jpg