Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Kareem Hunt 2017 Outlook


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thanks for my new team picture!

Posted Images

31 minutes ago, urban2014 said:

Alex Smith is the problem. Not Andy Reid.

 

I think both are a problem.  

 

Hunt hasn't even had a chance with his usage in the past few weeks.  

 

He gets poorly designed runs and has been getting buried at the LOS when he does get the ball.  He doesn't get the ball in the red zone and isn't getting the ball on passing downs either.  That all adds up to exactly what we've seen.  And the Chiefs haven't had those big leads that they had earlier in the season that allowed Hunt to get all those 4th quarter carries.

 

It's just ugly.  I own Dak and Hunt and both guys have carried me at times this year but both are completely in the tank right now.  I'm debating hard if I want to bench Hunt for Mixon down the stretch.  I think Hunt is more dynamic but Mixon's usage is much better and he actually will get the ball inside the 10 yard line.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m benching Hunt and starting Howard Perine and Drake in what is essentially a must win week for me. I simply can’t risk starting a rb who’s touches are diminishing and who is currently a part of the worst offensive play in the league. Not sure you can gamble on not only hunt but smith Reid and the OC magically turning it around out of nowhere with the stakes being this high

Link to post
Share on other sites

Is the moral of the story to trade away a previously unknown guy when he has a historic 3-5 games in a row? The trades I was being offered was absurd and I ignorantly deflected all of them.

 

I think there's something with Devonta Freeman's season two years ago where he also had 4-5 historic games in a row. Then the rest of the season was rather quiet or below to near average. Obviously Freeman is a very good player and Hunt may be as well. But thinking outside of that vacuum might be beneficial. Particularly for a guy like Hunt (maybe Freeman then too) when they're new and it's pretty unfounded the rest of the league catches up and studies film.

Edited by leebattle
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, leebattle said:

Is the moral of the story to trade away a previously unknown guy when he has a historic 3-5 games in a row? The trades I was being offered was absurd and I ignorantly deflected all of them.

 

I think there's something with Devonta Freeman's season two years ago where he also had 4-5 historic games in a row. Then the rest of the season was rather quiet or below to near average. Obviously Freeman is a very good player and Hunt may be as well. But thinking outside of that vacuum might be beneficial. Particularly for a guy like Hunt (maybe Freeman then too) when they're new and it's pretty unfounded the rest of the league catches up and studies film.

Excluding dynasty formats, you're probably right. Now is the right time to buy for dynasty though. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, leebattle said:

Is the moral of the story to trade away a previously unknown guy when he has a historic 3-5 games in a row?

 

No.  If you follow this logic, you'd be trying to trade Kamara away right now.  I don't think anyone would advise that.

 

Kamara's unprecedented pace should slow down a bit, but he should still be a valuable fantasy RB1.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, leebattle said:

Is the moral of the story to trade away a previously unknown guy when he has a historic 3-5 games in a row? The trades I was being offered was absurd and I ignorantly deflected all of them.

 

The moral of the story is that you can't predict the future, you shouldn't beat yourself up over not being able to, and you should ignore the posters who pretend that they could after the fact.

Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, jay2491 said:

I’m benching Hunt and starting Howard Perine and Drake in what is essentially a must win week for me. I simply can’t risk starting a rb who’s touches are diminishing and who is currently a part of the worst offensive play in the league. Not sure you can gamble on not only hunt but smith Reid and the OC magically turning it around out of nowhere with the stakes being this high

 

It's sort of like if u couldnt turn things around against the Bills and Giants how are u going to turn it around against the jets who actually have a solid run def?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Guru Elite on the Sirius Fantasy channel had a whole segment on Hunt this morning to try and back all us Hunt owners off the ledge haha. He said that people are so quick to say Hunt hasn't done much if you take away his 1st week or even weeks 2 and 3 but thats just skewing numbers to your argument. He said if you want to do that, you also have to take away his worst game too to even it out. So here we go....

 

If you take away Hunt's best game and his worst game, and do the same with every other starting RB in the league, Hunt is still averaging 16.3 PPG in PPR which is good for 4th best in the league. Take away his two best and two worst games and do the same with every other starting back and his averaging 15.4 PPG which is 2nd best in the league. Even if you take away his 4 best weeks and average it out, he's getting 14 PPG which would be 7th best in the league. So its not so bad when you look at it that way. Any rational person knew there was no way he would continue the pace he was at first 4-5 weeks, had to even out eventually. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lord_Varys said:

 

No.  If you follow this logic, you'd be trying to trade Kamara away right now.  I don't think anyone would advise that.

 

Kamara's unprecedented pace should slow down a bit, but he should still be a valuable fantasy RB1.

 

Agreed. Best course of action is to ride the hot hand as long as you possibly can. In the case of Kamara, it's all hands on deck. For Hunt, he's riding the pine. It's easy to be blinded by the first 3-4 weeks of production from Hunt, especially with all the hype. But folks need to take off the damn blinders because that was then and this is now.

 

If you need a win to continue the season, avoid Hunt at all costs.

 

 

Edited by TheLegacy
Link to post
Share on other sites

Currently letting hunt start.   I dont have a choice.  Im lucky enough that a win or loss doesn't change my playoff status.  I'm also lucky enough that I have enough firepower usually to over come hunt and his low scores.

 

My question.   I'm in a 14 person 4 keeper league. 

 

Would you keep hunt? With 14 ppl and most keeping 3 or 4 - starter talent is very hard to acquire

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dashoe said:

 

It's sort of like if u couldnt turn things around against the Bills and Giants how are u going to turn it around against the jets who actually have a solid run def?

 

The only thing that's likely to get turned around is me turning my gun on myself after trading Todd Gurley for this guy lol.

 

As a Lions fan, this reminds me of when our offense was horrendous in the 2015 season under Joe Lombardi and for 3 weeks in a row opposing teams were calling out our plays and knew what we were going to run before the snap. Its still pretty bad, but my point is that an offense can't just figure it out and get things going again once they've plummeted off the cliff like the Chiefs' offense has. They are just being flat out out-coached. Their offense was based on misdirection and they've been figured out.

 

Unless you guys have a solid backup rb, those that own him (myself included) are going to lose this year, but its ok. Its only fantasy. The lesson is to never trust anyone on the Chiefs.  

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, sakuraba216 said:

 

The only thing that's likely to get turned around is me turning my gun on myself after trading Todd Gurley for this guy lol.

 

As a Lions fan, this reminds me of when our offense was horrendous in the 2015 season under Joe Lombardi and for 3 weeks in a row opposing teams were calling out our plays and knew what we were going to run before the snap. Its still pretty bad, but my point is that an offense can't just figure it out and get things going again once they've plummeted off the cliff like the Chiefs' offense has. They are just being flat out out-coached. Their offense was based on misdirection and they've been figured out.

 

Unless you guys have a solid backup rb, those that own him (myself included) are going to lose this year, but its ok. Its only fantasy. The lesson is to never trust anyone on the Chiefs.  

 

 

So when Jamaal Charles was the 1st pick 3 years back you didn't trust him?

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, daethfromabove1979 said:

Whens the the last time he was even close to getting a TD? I feel like he hasn’t had any runs in the red zone, KC cannot get the ball up the field for any TD opportunities.

 

He's a two-down back. Most of their recent trips to the red zone have been in hurry-up so he's not even on the field. You know - to make way for the great Charknado to do his thing.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, leebattle said:

Is the moral of the story to trade away a previously unknown guy when he has a historic 3-5 games in a row? The trades I was being offered was absurd and I ignorantly deflected all of them.

 

I think there's something with Devonta Freeman's season two years ago where he also had 4-5 historic games in a row. Then the rest of the season was rather quiet or below to near average. Obviously Freeman is a very good player and Hunt may be as well. But thinking outside of that vacuum might be beneficial. Particularly for a guy like Hunt (maybe Freeman then too) when they're new and it's pretty unfounded the rest of the league catches up and studies film.

 

I think we shouldn't have ignored the unsustainable YPC and TD clip.  But at the same time I don't think anybody expected KC to regress THIS bad.  Even if Hunt didn't keep up the fervent pace he would not have been a fantasy liability if KC could maintain a respectable offense, which they have not.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Glad people finally have come to terms with his lack of useage. I called it a few weeks ago and was lambasted by one of the “true believers”. Charcandrick has overtaken 3rd down, passing downs, hurry up, Smith running it in etc.

I don’t deny Hunt is talented. Just pigeonholed by Reid’s trick plays and garbage plan for Hunt. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, SuperJoint said:

 

He's a two-down back. Most of their recent trips to the red zone have been in hurry-up so he's not even on the field. You know - to make way for the great Charknado to do his thing.

 

Only because Reid is in love with West for some reason. Hunt is just as good a pass catcher as he proved the first 4-5 weeks of the season and he's a much more explosive playmaker. No reason for him to be a two down back. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, urban2014 said:

So when Jamaal Charles was the 1st pick 3 years back you didn't trust him?

 

 

I picked Jamaal Charles 1st two years ago and he was doing great until he blew out his knee. Last year I snagged him in the 4th round as my sleeper and he played 1 game before shutting it down. I was burned twice by him and again this year by Hunt and I also traded for Tyreek Hill lol.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...