NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Milos Teodosic 2017-2018 Season Outlook

Rg81

I think that he can produce around 

10Pts / 7 Ast / 1Stl / 1.5 3's 

the big IF is how many minutes Doc Rivers will give him...

LAC have too many guys from SG/G slot like Beverly - Teodosic - Lou Williams - Austin Rivers

some différents profiles but Teodosic is (for sure) the best player to put "under the light" some guys like Dede and Griffin

the green flag is the high injury risk for Austin and Beverly and give him some extra run during the season...

not it too bad for a last pick or a fee agent ..no??

Edited by 23_gaby_23

also remember basketball is, like everything else, a business.  there will be huge demands to get this guy out on the floor - if he's not already, he's going to become a draw for clippers to sell tickets.  plus other guys on the team love playing with him because he makes them look really good.  to me this all means he hits 30mpg or thereabouts, making him useful in all leagues.  

Milos is the stone cold nuts.  My only regret is that I don't have him in all my leagues.  I need to take my friends more seriously when they give me advice.   12 PPG/6 APG with 2 3PG with potential for more.  Prime Calderon was top 50 value and often higher and Milos is a better player.  Arguably best passer in European history.  Just nuts. 

1 hour ago, StifleTower2 said:

Milos is the stone cold nuts.  My only regret is that I don't have him in all my leagues.  I need to take my friends more seriously when they give me advice.   12 PPG/6 APG with 2 3PG with potential for more.  Prime Calderon was top 50 value and often higher and Milos is a better player.  Arguably best passer in European history.  Just nuts. 

The main value in Calderon has always been a stellar assist/turnover ratio. Milos has averaged a little less than 2 to 1 which is pretty average. Excited about him nonetheless because he checks all the right boxes for a #2-3 pg (just wish my team had a #1 pg atm!). 

I somehow got with the 156th pick (12 teams, 14 rounds) in a $800 per team money league.

I had actually forgotten about him and assumed he was gone in the 9th or 10th round, but in the 13th, there he was.

Stats matter, but the key is that his past performance is based on playing with European players. Now, he's had a chance to work for a few weeks with the best surrounding talent he's ever had. If you actually watch him up close, not just on tape, you're like:

"Wow, how many assists can he get in limited minutes throwing passes to guys like Blake Griffin and DeAndre Jordan instead of ... [can you name just one]?"

On 10/13/2017 at 2:46 PM, StifleTower2 said:

He makes some nice highlight passes but I don't see him averaging 12/6 with 2 threes. Potential for more? How do you figure with Pat Bev there?  And Lou Williams and Austin Rivers to also run some point. I think you're waaay too optimistic about Milos. I see him as a decent add in deeper leagues.

Edited by LuSamSiam

Without CP3, there’s no one but Miloš that could get Deandre involved and make him effective. Blake evolved enough to where he doesn’t need to be spoon fed lobs, but that offense is based around P&R’n and Beverly & Rivers aren’t even close to being excellent passers. Miloš is going to play and play well. He’ll start alongside Beverly is Doc is smart and sits his son. 

I'll peg Milos as sort of TJ McConnell when he had that string of starts with the Sixers. He's a bit hesitant to shoot right now and only started shooting on his last preseason game when Doc egged him on to start shooting.

There's just too many guards right now on the Clips (Rivers, Bev, Lou). I doubt he goes Carlisle style or bury his son on the bench after all the time it took developing him. Lou could play PnR with DeAndre with his streetball style like a mini-Crawford.

With the way the preseason has gone, he can but he won't. He'll be looking to distribute more and by the time he finds the balance to his shooting and passing, Rivers will eat into his minutes as well. I think it will be closer to 1.3-1.5. Gallo, Bev, and Austin hasn't even played that much yet during those games.

53 minutes ago, OxyBubbleMan said:

With the way the preseason has gone, he can but he won't. He'll be looking to distribute more and by the time he finds the balance to his shooting and passing, Rivers will eat into his minutes as well. I think it will be closer to 1.3-1.5. Gallo, Bev, and Austin hasn't even played that much yet during those games.

Not sure what you mean that Rivers will eat into his minutes, LA is razor thin in the backcourt.  Teodosic in the only true PG on the roster, they need his skill set and he will play 30+ minutes no matter what.  Pat Bev and Lou will also all play all they can handle, but they are combo guards who will mainly play at SG.  Rivers is also more of a SG he will play when Pat Bev or Lou Will shift over to PG when Teodosic needs a breather.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, OxyBubbleMan said:

He is a true PG but his defense leaves much to be desired. They don't need a true PG because Blake, Gallo, Bev, Rivers and Lou are all capable passers and shooters as well with Bev and Rivers being a plus on defense.

I strongly disagree.  With cp3 leaving, they DO need a true PG and Milos fits them perfectly. Did you even watch him in preseason?  Already perfect chemistry with blake and deandre.

• Like 1

I did and I also watched them with CP3 injured and not playing. They were fine when CP3 was injured with point Blake. The Clips biggest problem has always been their depth. Their starting five was always amongst the best and had one of the highest differentials in the league with CP3. They sorta solved that this season with CP3 chopped up and distributed his skillset to Teo and Bev with Lou as Crawford replacement. They now have Gallo as their missing SF for the past few seasons. Sure, Teo has great chemistry but there will be lots of situations where they need defense more than offense since Blake handling is not much of a dropoff on that side of the ball.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LuSamSiam said:

I've got him at 8 pts, 5 assists, 1.5 3PTM, 0.7 steals in 25 mpg

Somewhere like that, probable more on pts/ast/stl if he stays on court 28+mpg. 

If he starts he'd been an early waiver wire gem. Yes they have other teammates that can pass but he's still the best passer available. And yes he probably is a defense liability but Luo and Rivers were never known to be defensive juggernauts either. I think Beverley can alleviate some of that by guarding the better backcourt player, whether it be PG or SG. Milos is 6'5 which won't make their backcourt undersized pairing with Beverley.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, LuSamSiam said:

I've got him at 8 pts, 5 assists, 1.5 3PTM, 0.7 steals in 25 mpg

Way too conservative IMO on the assists.  Even if only 25 mpg I would estimate 7.5 assists, and 10+ assists if receiving @32 minutes.  He is a pass-first wizard and will rack up the assists on a per-minute basis.

• Like 1