Austin Rivers will still get all the run, his dad still runs the team 

he will get 30+ minutes when healthy...

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Because he looks like a middle aged man. Why does it matter if he looks like a half eaten lollipop that was dropped and picked up 2 hours later. How does that have anything to do with his value. Are y

I'll sum up Teo's experience with the Clippers so far, and his game vs the Spurs tonight:   Imagine you're a high school student who just transferred to a new school and joined the basketbal

You in the wrong thread, bud?

Posted Images

48 minutes ago, mdpharm23 said:

Look at his game logs this season...this guy is being overhyped as hell 

Austin Rivers will still get all the run, his dad still runs the team 

someone missed out on him...hahahahahahahaha

• Haha 2

Ok I just wanted to play devils advocate for a minute...

he was still available in both my 14 team non-IR cash leagues so I just scooped him up in both...I’ll wait a week til he gets healthu...track his performance for 2 weeks like all my WW adds and if he duds, it’ll be drop city 

30+ mins off the waiver wire... Idk what he'll produce but I ran to pick him up today. 

If he sucks I go back and pickup the same waiver wire guys that are always available. The upside on a pass first playmaker on a bad team outweighs the last guy on my roster. Granted I'm in a 12 team and not a 10 or 8 team league.

Not saying he'll be great but the risk reward is worth it to me. Don't worry John Henson and E'twuan Moore will be on your wire ready to be scooped if he sucks in a month.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
26 minutes ago, greatestmetfan said:

30+ mins off the waiver wire...

If he sucks I go back and pickup the same waiver wire guys that are always available. The upside on a pass first playmaker on a bad team outweighs the last guy on my roster. Granted I'm in a 12 team and not a 10 or 8 team league.

Truth sauce. In my 12-teamer, assists could become a problem for me, with Irving and Mitchell as guards, they aren't exactly assist monsters. But I signed him a week ago based on the reasoning you offered. My bench is awesome, so letting Milos sit unplayed for a week hasn't hurt me, and I'm prepared to endure 2-3 weeks of not playing before it begins to annoy me. You have to gamble on bigger upside players and be aggressive in when you sign them, most people in really competitive and/or cash leagues will agree, at least in roto (probably H2H even more so).

• Like 1
1 hour ago, mdpharm23 said:

Ok I just wanted to play devils advocate for a minute...

he was still available in both my 14 team non-IR cash leagues so I just scooped him up in both...I’ll wait a week til he gets healthu...track his performance for 2 weeks like all my WW adds and if he duds, it’ll be drop city 

You’re the kind of impatient owner I love playing against. This is how I have people like Marcus Smart, Donovan Mitchell and Darren Collison on a few of my teams. 

Question - why are we so sure he is going to get 30 minutes a game if Doc's son is getting 33 minutes a game and Lou is getting like 35 minutes a game since Blake/Bev are out? I don't believe their minutes are going anywhere

Do we even know for certain Milos is starting?

Edit: Not questioning Milos' skills, just knowing Doc's unconditional love for his son

Edited by Tekno Team 2000
2 minutes ago, Tekno Team 2000 said:

Question - why are we so sure he is going to get 30 minutes a game if Doc's son is getting 33 minutes a game and Lou is getting like 35 minutes a game since Blake/Bev are out? I don't believe their minutes are going anywhere

Edit: Not questioning Milos' skills just knowing Doc's unconditional love for his son

I see this as their starting lineup with Milos back

Milos

Rivers

Wes J

Gallo

DJ

14 minutes ago, Tekno Team 2000 said:

Edit: Not questioning Milos' skills, just knowing Doc's unconditional love for his son

Lou should easily be starting over Austin with Milos at the one when he is back but we know that won’t happen. 

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, Tekno Team 2000 said:

Every blurb I've read has said there's a "good chance" he takes the starting role. Plus the L.A. times article said referred to him as an injured starter (link below).

I'd agree that there's no guarantee but per media and fantasy experts it is the expectation.

http://beta.latimes.com/sports/clippers/la-sp-clippers-practice-20171204-story.html

15 minutes ago, Code of Hammurabi said:

I see this as their starting lineup with Milos back

Milos

Rivers

Wes J

Gallo

DJ

4 minutes ago, chud12 said:

Lou should easily be starting over Austin with Milos at the one when he is back but we know that won’t happen. 

3 minutes ago, greatestmetfan said:

Every blurb I've read has said there's a "good chance" he takes the starting role. Plus the L.A. times article said referred to him as an injured starter (link below).

I'd agree that there's no guarantee but per media and fantasy experts it is the expectation.

http://beta.latimes.com/sports/clippers/la-sp-clippers-practice-20171204-story.html

Cool - I also believe that Austin and Milos starting with Lou off the bench is what they will do. But then I started thinking about Doc and his sometimes questionable decisions and started to question what he would really do. Haha.

They need Milos' playmaking bad so it will be interesting to see how he does.

47 minutes ago, chud12 said:

Lou is definitely the better player, but they really need Lou as the bench spark plug. Either way, starting or not, Lou is going to put up the same solid numbers as always.

1 hour ago, HarmStrong said:

You’re the kind of impatient owner I love playing against. This is how I have people like Marcus Smart, Donovan Mitchell and Darren Collison on a few of my teams. 

the fact that you have marcus smart might mean you're a bit too far on the other side of the spectrum, at some point you do have to cut the dead weight you know.

Unless you're punting fg% or are in a super deep league.

The Clips have the best fantasy playoff schedule right?

No-one has picked him up in my league yet and I probably need to stream to win this matchup, but don't think I can leave him on the WW any longer, he has great upside.

2 hours ago, JStyles said:

The Clips have the best fantasy playoff schedule right?

No-one has picked him up in my league yet and I probably need to stream to win this matchup, but don't think I can leave him on the WW any longer, he has great upside.

4-4-4 is a great schedule, but I’m a little skeptical that anyone of value now will be playing significant minutes then. 

2 minutes ago, HarmStrong said:

4-4-4 is a great schedule, but I’m a little skeptical that anyone of value now will be playing significant minutes then. 

Maybe, there are quite a few teams worse than the Clippers though, so I don't think they'll be fighting for the very best picks come end of the season.