NBC Sports Edge Forums

Dice-K is now Dice-BB

ssmarsh

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have DiceK in my H2H league, but Buchholz in my AL roto. Because one is free and one isn't, I'm hoping Dice ends up on the DL. Sorry to any owners out there, but I desperately need a fifth starter again.

just because u wrote this Masterson will get the call up. Nobody wants anyone to get hurt u should of kept this to yourself.

this is something u tell your freinds we don't care .............LOL

( they never learn)

just because u wrote this Masterson will get the call up. Nobody wants anyone to get hurt u should of kept this to yourself.

this is something u tell your freinds we don't care .............LOL

( they never learn)

I have Masterson too. B)

Hell this could be good news - at least it explains why he's walking so many damn people this year.

I don't think the walks are connected to shoulder issues -- it's lack of focus/concentration. You can tell when he buckles down and concentrates, he typically gets out of jams. If the shoulder was making him ineffective, you'd probably see a lot more hits to go with those walks, which hasn't been the case.

There was also a report in the Globe that suggests that, even when he's behind in the count, he refuses to give up the corners and won't just throw it straight down the pike for a strike. It's a "Japanese thing" according to the article. Dunno if that has any merit.

Losing Dice K to the DL for a couple or even a few weeks might not be the end of the world. If nothing else, it will have him fresh for the 2nd half and the all important stretch run. I would prefer not to lose him at all, but if he goes to the DL for a period of time, so be it.

That being said, I think we see him miss his next start and be a two starter next week with a Tuesday and a Sunday start :crossesfingers:

• 2 weeks later...
Daisuke Matsuzaka (shoulder) made 60-70 throws from flat ground Monday.

He's scheduled to play catch again Tuesday, and if that goes well will throw a bullpen session Wednesday.

Copy of the article from Sportsline:

CINCINNATI -- Boston Red Sox right-hander Daisuke Matsuzaka is expected to pitch in a minor league game next week as part of his comeback from a sore shoulder.

Matsuzaka threw on Friday before the start of Boston's series against the Cincinnati Reds. He's eligible to come off the 15-day disabled list any time.

Manager Terry Francona said Matsuzaka will pitch Monday for Triple-A Pawtucket against the Philadelphia Phillies' Lehigh Valley team in Allentown, Pa. Matsuzaka will throw about 80 pitches. He could pitch for the Red Sox five days later if all goes well.

Matsuzaka went on the disabled list May 30, retroactive to the 28th, with a strained rotator cuff.

"He's done fine," Francona said. "We kind of knew where we stood on this whole thing. As long as there's not a bump in the road, which I don't think anybody thought there was, he's doing fine."

Matsuzaka is 8-0 with a 2.53 ERA in 11 starts this season.

Catcher Jason Varitek was out of the lineup for a second straight day with a sore throat. Francona said he could be back in the lineup on Saturday.

Francona plans to give outfielder Manny Ramirez a day off Saturday to rest his hamstring. Ramirez sat out a game last Saturday with a sore right hamstring.

AP NEWS

The Associated Press News Service

Copyright 2007-2008, The Associated Press, All Rights Reserved

________________________________________________________________________________

__

So if he comes back and pitches well on Monday - we could be pitching for the Redsox on the weekend! Who, in weekly leagues, will start him not knowing whether or not you will get a start out of him? IF he were to pitch on the weekend he would face the STL Cardinals at home............ This has been such a bad week between Putz and Soriano I have to admit I'd be tempted to put him in my lineup and hope for the best.

Does anyone know if Dice-K is actually starting this weekend? Rotoworld says they expect him to take Bartolo Colon's spot in the rotation and pitch this Saturday. However, Yahoo is saying Dice-K is not expected to start on Saturday. Anyone have any insight on this?

I'm always iffy about starting pitchers in their first start back after a DL stint. However, given how anemic STL's offense has been lately with Pujols out, and the fact he'll be pitching against Mitchell Boggs, he looks like a great start on Saturday.

I'm always iffy about starting pitchers in their first start back after a DL stint. However, given how anemic STL's offense has been lately with Pujols out, and the fact he'll be pitching against Mitchell Boggs, he looks like a great start on Saturday.

Maybe Francona will take him out before he walks 5-6 guys and throws 100+ pitches now...

Archived