NBC Sports Edge Forums

Dice-K is now Dice-BB

ssmarsh

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wow, it really was stupid of me to start him today.

Really? He had a favorable matchup, his season numbers are good, and there has been nothing but good news from his rehab starts. That said, I started him in one league where I was already losing ERA and WHIP and winning every other pitching cat and my opponent has no more starters going. Had nothing to lose. I didn't activate him in the other league because I couldn't decide who to drop.

I don't do H2H leagues (wow, they suck so very very much). Pitching a player coming back off a month on the DL, on his first start back, is a bad idea. They typically aren't going to pitch very long (thus lowering his chance at a win)

The downside from a horrible game (like tonight) far outweighs the upside of a great start.

I don't do H2H leagues (wow, they suck so very very much). Pitching a player coming back off a month on the DL, on his first start back, is a bad idea. They typically aren't going to pitch very long (thus lowering his chance at a win)

The downside from a horrible game (like tonight) far outweighs the upside of a great start.

I completely agree with this line of thinking, but disregarded it. Now the next time this happens, I'll bench the pitcher, and he'll throw 6 shutout innings and win.

I completely agree with this line of thinking, but disregarded it. Now the next time this happens, I'll bench the pitcher, and he'll throw 6 shutout innings and win.

Happened to me when Wandy came off the DL and put a smack-down on PIT...@ PIT!

Sitting him tonight. He was atrocious in his last start and his velocity was way down. Huge downside on starting him tonight.

Likewise. I'm a good 30+ innings over the limit rate so far, so I can afford to bench pitchers in questionable circumstances. Dice-K looked good during his rehab starts in the minors, but he was disgusting his last outing. I'll make him prove that he's back before using him again.

Likewise. I'm a good 30+ innings over the limit rate so far, so I can afford to bench pitchers in questionable circumstances. Dice-K looked good during his rehab starts in the minors, but he was disgusting his last outing. I'll make him prove that he's back before using him again.

I'm @ 30 INN over, as well. I hate sitting pitchers.....missed out on 2 great starts on my 3 benchings this year.... I guess I'll err on the side of caution... I have D-Mac throwing @ home....so.....

Really on the fence w/ this one. Runelvys Hernandez is terrible...

I'm @ 30 INN over, as well. I hate sitting pitchers.....missed out on 2 great starts on my 3 benchings this year.... I guess I'll err on the side of caution... I have D-Mac throwing @ home....so.....

Really on the fence w/ this one. Runelvys Hernandez is terrible...

Yeah, I do NOT bench pitchers based on matchups. I'm a strict believer that a mixed league pitcher is one that you can send out no matter what the matchup. Sometimes he'll set down a top offense (Harden yesterday against PHI), and sometimes he'll get hit hard by a bad offense.

However, injuries are a different thing. Of course I regret starting Dice-K in his first start, but he pitched well in the minors prior to that, and nobody mentioned his velocity was down like it was in his first major league start.

Pulled him off the bench at the last minute and started him. WoooOOOoo!

Was looking to do the same thing but was too close to the line-up lock deadline.

Bummer. Nice outing... and Ws are hard to come by.

Archived