NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Rafael Furcal Mancrush Thread

What a sensational start!!! Easily one of the best value in most of my drafts.

Just an absolute beast!!!!!

If Utley wasn't walking on water, Furcal would have to be in the running for early season MVP. I have both of them in one of my leagues and I couldn't be happier.

I don't like mancrush threads.

But Rafael Furcal has been better than Han-Ram so far, so he deserves some type of recognition. Obviously he won't be batting .390+ by the end of the season, but in the year of the Reyes-Rollins-Tulo hype machine, Furcal has blown past all of them.

I don't like mancrush threads.

But Rafael Furcal has been better than Han-Ram so far, so he deserves some type of recognition. Obviously he won't be batting .390+ by the end of the season, but in the year of the Reyes-Rollins-Tulo hype machine, Furcal has blown past all of them.

Got 'em both! Lovin' every minute of it!

I drafted him last year in 3 leagues and was horribly disappointed. Luckily for me I knew last year was an aberration due to his injury early in the year so I drafted him again in 2 of my 3 leagues this year and he's been outstanding.

NL MVP goes like this so far:

1A) Utley

1B) Chipper

2) Furcal.........

1000)Andruw Jones

Anyway I was telling a friend before the season that if I didn't have a chance at Hanley I'd rather draft Furcal rather than Reyes or Rollins. I was ready to draft him but somebody in my league hugely reached(at the moment, going by ADP) for him in the 6th round and I was left with Crosby at SS.

The scary thing is that Furcal has always heat up in the 2nd half since his Braves' days. B)

I think MVP talk after 25+ games is silly. But he's making a case for it with Utley, at this point.

Well cmon man, the thread is halfway silly because we are a month into the season. But he has been extremely valuable to 2 of my money squads considering where I got him and what he has done.

I think rating Scott Kazmir as the #1 pitcher is silly, but I am sure nobody would ever say that. B)

And to the feller that has Han Ram and Raffy, I tip my cap to you brother. Job well done so far.

Well cmon man, the thread is halfway silly because we are a month into the season. But he has been extremely valuable to 2 of my money squads considering where I got him and what he has done.

I think rating Scott Kazmir as the #1 pitcher is silly, but I am sure nobody would ever say that. B)

And to the feller that has Han Ram and Raffy, I tip my cap to you brother. Job well done so far.

Why thankye kind sir! Think I'm doin' alright at catcher as well (it's in the sig). :)

What a sensational start!!! Easily one of the best value in most of my drafts.

Just an absolute beast!!!!!

His breakout year should've been last year as his ratios were point towards one, but an injury but a stop to a that. He's right track now. Not sure if he's on top for MVP voting though....

Utley, Chipper, Derrek Lee and Tejeda are all in the running.

i was hoping for a bounceback year but this is ridiculous.... but its way too early to be talking mvp...and if we were, pat burrell would be right up there with utley, but of course pat won't be hitting .330 in another month... and furcal won't be hitting 25 plus homers this year.....

His breakout year should've been last year as his ratios were point towards one, but an injury but a stop to a that. He's right track now. Not sure if he's on top for MVP voting though....

Utley, Chipper, Derrek Lee and Tejeda are all in the running.

I drafted him last year in 3 leagues and was horribly disappointed. Luckily for me I knew last year was an aberration due to his injury early in the year so I drafted him again in 2 of my 3 leagues this year and he's been outstanding.

Same here, except this year I took him as a backup for Reyes. B)

I have tried to sell high on Furcal but nobody seems to think he is for real, so I'll be keeping him and enjoying the massive numbers as long as they last.

guess what ?

Furcal missed a game with a sore back

thx for this STUPID thread.....

Guess what?

Furcal missed one game

Thx for this STUPID post.....

Furcal's a monster! He's not an MVP candidate, but he's sweetness on my fantasy squad, even if he needed a day off.

Archived