NBC Sports Edge Forums

JJ Nelson 2017 Outlook

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 hours ago, Woonga24 said:

Bro..it's only been 2 weeks.

I think we can all agree that we don't know exactly what Nelson will be yet but how many times do people say that about somebody off to a hot start thinking it won't last and come December the same player turns out to be one of the season changers.  One of the hardest things in FF is to put away the preconceived notions from August and judge guys based on what they are doing on the field. Full disclosure that I picked up Nelson off waivers this AM for $20 on a $100 budget. 

Just now, Dr. Whom said:

Is this guy really better than Antonio Brown at this point? It appears no teams can cover him

He's always been impossible to cover. The guy might be both the straight-line fastest, and quickest, player in the NFL. His problem is catching the ball. If he can eliminate the drops, he could become a WR1 by next year (if Fitz retires). 

You have to take a chance on the guy. He's on fire and he's playing against Dallas on primetime. The offense is clearly humming with him on the field, and he's been efficient with his opportunities. Fitz seems to be taking away a ton of attention underneath, and their run game is not going anywhere.

Jaron Brown is also a decent pickup, but he's been playing the intermediate route game. JJ is playing the long range routes, a la D JAX. But his floor is not as bad as D JAX it appears.

Don't be turned off by the fact that he's only 160 lbs. This dude is ballin. Locked and loaded in my lineup.

15 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

You have to take a chance on the guy. He's on fire and he's playing against Dallas on primetime. The offense is clearly humming with him on the field, and he's been efficient with his opportunities. Fitz seems to be taking away a ton of attention underneath, and their run game is not going anywhere.

Jaron Brown is also a decent pickup, but he's been playing the intermediate route game. JJ is playing the long range routes, a la D JAX. But his floor is not as bad as D JAX it appears.

Don't be turned off by the fact that he's only 160 lbs. This dude is ballin. Locked and loaded in my lineup.

I locked him in last week and I will follow suit this week!

i would fire up every AZ WR i have rostered this week.  I am starting JJ with confidence as a flex.   As of right now, due to injury the only players i know look to be starting for sure are Jones/Heath/Brown.  Palmer is going to air it out when he can in this one.  I'd be firing up WR's against Dallas consistently if i have them moving forward.  Dallas can def hurt a game script with their run heavy approach, but facing another good defense on the road this week, i expect them to struggle once again.   I think Dallas improves up front defensively in this game which will limit the run game but the back end should be wide open once again

1 hour ago, iretirefromfantasy said:

JJ Nelson

Week 1 = Good

Wee 2 = Great

How is he still ranked so low? He's #38 on ESPN's standard scoring, amazes me. 

A lot of "highly touted fantasy sites" are incredibly conservative in their rankings and projections. I imagine it's because they don't want to collect flack for using advanced analytics and ranking players too aggressively and then being wrong, which would lead to losing traffic on their website.

Hence, being conservative is the "safer" play when it comes to ad revenue.

FIRING JJ UP BOYS. Wouldn't be surprised if he is the waiver wire WR of the year.

Edited by PlayTheWaivers