NBC Sports Edge Forums

Bogdan Bogdanovic 2017-2018 Season Outlook

Hailed as the best shooter in Europe. Has a 6'11" reach and can create on offense.

The Kings desperately need scoring help and gave him the biggest rookie contract ever.

He may start from day one next to Buddy on the wing. Could he be this year's big surprise sleeper?

• Like 1
  • Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you think that then I think you're misreading.    103, 58, 61, 63. Do you know what that is? His season, 30 day, 14 day, 7 day rank. If you can't get on board with that it's your problem.

It's always the thread's fault or some expert's fault when I make a bad pickup; whenever I make a good pickup, it's because I'm super smart.

Great bounce back game and SF eligible for yahoo ??????

Averaged 14.6 points, 3.8 rebounds, 3.6 assists and 1.1 steals in 28 mins last year for Turkish team Fenerbahce. Shot 43% from 3 I believe.

Supposed to get minutes at SG (behind Hield) and SF, but are they really gonna start the ancient Vince Carter or rook Justin Jackson at the 3?

He is really talented and not afraid to close games. Willing to take the last shot and make it. Doesnt cheat on defense too. 

I expect double digit points with 1+ stls,  3 rebs and 3 assists if they give him near 30 mins. We ll probably check during preseason what his exact role will be. Much more complete player than Hield though. 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, RipCity0 said:

He is really talented and not afraid to close games. Willing to take the last shot and make it. Doesnt cheat on defense too. 

I expect double digit points with 1+ stls,  3 rebs and 3 assists if they give him near 30 mins. We ll probably check during preseason what his exact role will be. Much more complete player than Hield though. 

Agreed I like Hield as a person, but as a player is garb.  Time will tell.

Hield closed out the season as a top 100 guy when he moved to the Kings. So are we in agreement that Bogdanovic seems like a top 100 guy as a GF? I could see him being the next "surprise" international rookie who has a big impact, similar to Saric and Hernangomez last season.

Edited by Spyplane
12 hours ago, Spyplane said:

Hield closed out the season as a top 100 guy when he moved to the Kings. So are we in agreement that Bogdanovic seems like a top 100 guy as a GF? I could see him being the next "surprise" international rookie who has a big impact, similar to Saric and Hernangomez last season.

No i don't think so. Hield's top 100 was under special circumstances with players not playing and small sample. Now there is Hill, Fox, Temple, Jackson, Carter and Bogdan and they ll all get minutes and its also difficult for a rookie guard to crack the top 100 for the whole season. Even Malachi will get some minutes. 

27 minutes ago, Spyplane said:

They didn't pay this guy like someone who's going to have to ride the pine to make way for guys with hardly any pro experience. 

I think they overpaid because they have huge cap flexibility and they also wanted to give him no chance to think an offer from Fener. They could have given him even more and it would not cost them anything since they rebuild. Of course I believe he ll have a role, but with a rebuilding team I cannot count on a big burn. He might settle for low 20s so that everyone gets playing time. 

44 minutes ago, Blood Brother said:

FYI his contract isn't $36 million over 3 yrs but rather $27 million.

There are two bogdon Bogdonvich's which always confusing. Who knew..

https://https://8points9seconds.com/2017/07/07/bojan-bogdanovic-indiana-pacers/

aroyalpain.com/2017/07/14/bogdan-bogdanovic-the-36-million-rookie-sacramento-kings/

47 minutes ago, Code of Hammurabi said:

There is only one Bogdan :P

Spotrac which is usually right has him at 27. There were some false reports of 36 in the beginning. 

Edited by RipCity0
  • Like 2
7 hours ago, Code of Hammurabi said:

How many Smiths, Johnsons and Jacksons are there? lol

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, Spyplane said:

How many Smiths, Johnsons and Jacksons are there? lol

There are just as many Hernangomezes as there are Smiths starting in the NBA. Fun fact of the day.

You know it's the dog days of FBB when this is what it's come down to. :lol:

• Like 5

I think he will have a good year. He was very aggressive vs Team USA a year ago and you really have to suck/old to be on the bench for the Kings. Could be the go to guy on offense because George Hill is kinda passive on offense.

4 hours ago, rob0403 said:

I think he will have a good year. He was very aggressive vs Team USA a year ago and you really have to suck/old to be on the bench for the Kings. Could be the go to guy on offense because George Hill is kinda passive on offense.

Everyone is banking on Buddy having a big breakout year but he didn't play well in Summer League for a 24 year old poised to be the #1 option. He broke out a little after the trade last season but the primary thing he had going for him was a lack of competition for minutes and shots. This season the Kings are improved.

Two things no one has mentioned yet: Bogan has had a better pro career than Buddy and he's the same age. 

On 8/1/2017 at 5:24 AM, RipCity0 said:

There is only one Bogdan :P

Spotrac which is usually right has him at 27. There were some false reports of 36 in the beginning. 

i was really confused for a bit...like why is this dude being hyped.  get it now.

On 8/14/2017 at 3:39 PM, hipriest69 said:

i was really confused for a bit...like why is this dude being hyped.  get it now.

It took me quite a while over the last few years to keep it straight between these two guys..

Bojan Bogdanovic - 28 years old wing

Bogdan Bogdanovic - 25 years old wing

Boban Marjanovic - 29 years old center

If only Boban had also been born Bogdanovic to make this even more fun.

I wish there was a game show where they'd throw out facts and the contestant would have to figure out which of the 3 the quiz question applies to.
 Time to play Bogdan, Bojan, or Boban?

Also entertaining: I remember drafting the wrong Marcus Thornton in one of my leagues one year, I wonder if it will happen again with either of the Bogdanovics or either of the J. Jacksons

Edited by s-kayos
  • Like 2
43 minutes ago, s-kayos said:

It took me quite a while over the last few years to keep it straight between these two guys..

Bojan Bogdanovic - 28 years old wing

Bogdan Bogdanovic - 25 years old wing

Boban Marjanovic - 29 years old center

If only Boban had also been born Bogdanovic to make this even more fun.

I wish there was a game show where they'd throw out facts and the contestant would have to figure out which of the 3 the quiz question applies to.
 Time to play Bogdan, Bojan, or Boban?

Also entertaining: I remember drafting the wrong Marcus Thornton in one of my leagues one year, I wonder if it will happen again with either of the Bogdanovics or either of the J. Jacksons

Hahaha right on dude, so funny.  I guarantee people will draft the wrong BoBo, and it will likely be them drafting Bogdan by mistake thinking they drafted Bojan the guy who was with the Nets last year.  Then they will be pleasantly surprised when Bogdan ends up ranked higher than Bojan end of season (unless they cut him).  Im still confused.

Someone please make this roster this year:

Bojan Bogdanovic

Bogdan Bogdanovic

Boban Marjanovic

Steph Curry

Seth Curry

Marcus Morris

Markeiff Morris

Actually not a horrible team depending on how many teams are in your league

-- Sleeper picks

Marshal Plumlee

Miles Plumlee

Mason Plumlee

(Seriously? the Plumlee parents like "M" that much??)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1