NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Bogdan Bogdanovic 2017-2018 Season Outlook

Spyplane

Just now, L3onD said:

if he gets 30+ mins on a regular basis and gets his shots, he can be a fantasy gold, divac will take care of this as the season progresses and the kings are dead last in the standings...i just dont understand carter and zbo, they can contribute on real teams yet they waste time in this ****hole

On a developing team the young players still need to learn how to play hard, have a sense that they need to earn their minutes through this hard work and to see true pros operating on the court with the them. Having Carter and Randolph out there is valuable. It's not just about mindlessly sending the rookies out there to get as many minutes as they can. That isn't teaching winning or fostering an environment of earning what you get. It sounds like just giving them minutes no matter what could foster an environment of self entitlement.

I expect he young guys to get a lot more minutes after the all-star break and at that moment it will be more greatly appreciated and valued because they will have a sense that it was earned through hard work and execution.

22 minutes ago, Spyplane said:

On a developing team the young players still need to learn how to play hard, have a sense that they need to earn their minutes through this hard work and to see true pros operating on the court with the them. Having Carter and Randolph out there is valuable. It's not just about mindlessly sending the rookies out there to get as many minutes as they can. That isn't teaching winning or fostering an environment of earning what you get. It sounds like just giving them minutes no matter what could foster an environment of self entitlement.

I expect he young guys to get a lot more minutes after the all-star break and at that moment it will be more greatly appreciated and valued because they will have a sense that it was earned through hard work and execution.

haha i get all of that, i didnt need any clarification, i just wonder sometimes whats in these guys heads...the kings are a complete mess and these guys can contribute, they earned enough money (if its all about the money then its fine with me) and you gon waste 82 games of your career which is nearing its end...just like tyson chandler, i get that hes a true vet and they love him in phoenix but goddamn, you can be some much more than a true vet on a team thats going nowhere for atleast 2 more years...he should be included in that deal with bledsoe (his contract is an issue tho)...but to summarize this, kings are a complete mess and bogdan should get the keys to this team sooner or later, hes good enough and doesnt have major flaws in his game, hes a rookie on a paper, hes not a project player, he can contribute from day 1, its all about how joerger perceives him and he cant do anything about that

On 31/10/2017 at 3:38 AM, dorwell said:

Looked to me a bit like JJ Redick. But seemed to be more versatile. 

His shooting perhaps, but he’s taller and a much better playmaker/passer. Seems to have an amazing feel/IQ when he’s out there.

11 minutes ago, prefuse1 said:

His minutes are there, but I am still waiting for him to show up. Anyone else still holding?

I've been holding, but I just dropped him for Frank Ntilikina after his game last night.  But I'm looking for dimes and steals, so Frank made more sense for me as a stash in my roto league.  Bogdon has minutes but his supporting stats aren't there.  At least not yet.

2 minutes ago, DoctorLove said:

I've been holding, but I just dropped him for Frank Ntilikina after his game last night.  But I'm looking for dimes and steals, so Frank made more sense for me as a stash in my roto league.  Bogdon has minutes but his supporting stats aren't there.  At least not yet.

I need steals too and I am hoping Bogdon can start producing in that CAT. Missed out on Ntilinkina...

58 minutes ago, prefuse1 said:

His minutes are there, but I am still waiting for him to show up. Anyone else still holding?

He is amongst five best players on Kings roster.   Five best players from any team are worth holding, unless you are in extremely shallow league

19 minutes ago, Gile Pile said:

He is amongst five best players on Kings roster.   Five best players from any team are worth holding, unless you are in extremely shallow league

12 team league, but good point. Haven't watch any Kings game this season (except for the Lakers vs. Kings), so their players are pretty unknown to me atm. I'll hold.

24 minutes ago, Gile Pile said:

Nerlens Noel owners are starting to beg to differ, and thats being top 3 on the mavs roster lol

in 12 teamers with 3 bench spots he is not a must own, watch list guy until he shows more than light scoring

1 hour ago, kmoore1521 said:

Nerlens Noel owners are starting to beg to differ, and thats being top 3 on the mavs roster lol

in 12 teamers with 3 bench spots he is not a must own, watch list guy until he shows more than light scoring

Noel is not  top 5 player for Mavericks in my books.  But we will agree to disagree :D 

1 hour ago, pilkie01 said:

It is a struggle owning Bog, just give the boy more minutes Dave!

He's getting the mins...I think he needs to be more aggressive with his shots. He's getting 30 mins and only taking like 7-9 shots a game. His first games coming off the bench. I think that's why I likes him coming off the bench with Fox. He seemed more involved with that 2nd unit

13 minutes ago, KaanYeez said:

Its frustrating to watch this kid because he gets the minutes, but he just camps on the 3 point line and makes no effort to get an open look.

Not really, he's just passive and the Kings young players are all looking to feed ZBo like crazy. He's doing what he's supposed to do. Shooting when catching the ball and proving proper spacing. The Kings offense is just terrible

• Thanks 1

How do you guys think the rotation will settle ros? The Kings starters always get blown out in the first quarter leading to these timeshares at basically all 5 positions. Only Fox is assured of 25+ mins because Hill lost his mojo (a bit surprised since he started hot last season). Will Joerger settle into one or will he try to develop all his young guns at the same time?

And that's what I was talking about at the time this thread went crazy with pick him up, waiver wire gold etc. He cannot average 30 mins on this team. They have way too many players to develop (and if you add the countless blowouts that makes it even worse). And right now Carter is out and they don't give minutes to Malachi and Mason which I think will change late in the season.

• Like 1

The Kings are a fantasy wasteland.

Maybe he will bust out after the all-star break.  But I would guess there is even less than 20% chance of that. They have too many mediocre players on that roster and Joerger's rotations are reflecting it.