NBC Sports Edge Forums

Wayne Gallman 2017 Season Outlook

• Replies 559
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Sonny_D said:

Sounds a lot like the JHoward thread last year. 

It doesn't.

Jeremy Langford was a guy that had done well stepping in for Matt Forte in 2015 but was otherwise not particularly highly regarded.  Jordan Howard was a blue chip RB prospect that had convinced the coaching staff and the team in training camp and practices that he was the better football player.

Gallman is a guy that just last week was running behind Orleans Darkwa as the guy that needed a chance.  Gallman was being talked up by the coaching staff only because it looked like Darkwa was going to be out.

Now ... as I predicted earlier in this thread ... carries are going to be split three ways between Gallman, Darkwa, and Vereen.  This is a trap for Gallman owners.  Do not play him.

Edited by jspeed
4 minutes ago, jspeed said:

It doesn't.

Jeremy Langford was a guy that had done well stepping in for Matt Forte in 2015 but was otherwise not particularly highly regarded.  Jordan Howard was a blue chip RB prospect that had convinced the coaching staff and the team in training camp and practices that he was the better football player.

Gallman is a guy that just last week was running behind Orleans Darkwa as the guy that needed a chance.  Gallman was being talked up by the coaching staff only because it looked like Darkwa was going to be out.

Now ... as I predicted earlier in this thread ... carries are going to be split three ways between Gallman, Darkwa, and Vereen.  This is a trap for Gallman owners.  So not play him.

As a Bear fan, I respectfully disagree. Langford was pure garbage. Forget about a few fantasy gems he put up, as a player he sucked. We had no QB, our O-Line was mediocre at best and we have a vanilla coach in John Fox. And Howard was a 5th round pick. 

Having said that, I personally liked Howard and thought he was underrated. He’s one of those backs that’s just solid overall. I don’t know, I just see a lot similarities here with Gallman. Not saying Gallman will be JHoward but the whole situation reminds me of Howard and the Bears last year. 

Just now, Sonny_D said:

As a Bear fan, I respectfully disagree. Langford was pure garbage. Forget about a few fantasy gems he put up, as a player he sucked. We had no QB, our O-Line was mediocre at best and we have a vanilla coach in John Fox. And Howard was a 5th round pick. 

Having said that, I personally liked Howard and thought he was underrated. He’s one of those backs that’s just solid overall. I don’t know, I just see a lot similarities here with Gallman. Not saying Gallman will be JHoward but the whole situation reminds me of Howard and the Bears last year. 

You are just wrong.  No one is going to compare Gallman to Arian Foster as scouts did with Jordan Howard

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/profiles/jordan-howard?id=2555418

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profiles/wayne-gallman?id=2557952

55 minutes ago, NYR Fan 116894 said:

Really?!? Watching the game, I felt Gallman was severely underutilized especially in the 4th quarter. Solid line though.

5 targets/5 rec 25 yds; 57 rush yds (11 carries) - 12 PPR points

i was pleased with his stat line and the production. considering my expectations were that hed be an upside flex and an rb2 in plus match ups (ppr). darkwa cant stay healthy and perkins is completely ineffective. if gallman can be somewhat effective vs denver then i think hes got a strangle hold on the job. i was most impressed with his ability to pass protect and receiving chops.

The giant's played Vereen at the end of the game or Gallman would have had an excellent game.

Darkwar started, Vereen finshed, and Gallman sandwiched inbetween.

Edited by Red Dog

Gallman played better than expected.  He has quick feet and can make people miss.

With all the injuries, I bet he gets more playing time as a receiver.

He’s not a must start as long as Darkwa is getting love, but in PPR he’s already serviceable as a bye week guy.

3 minutes ago, Red Dog said:

The giant's played Vereen at the end of the game or Gallman would have had an excellent game.

Darkwar started, Vereen finshed, and Gallman sandwiched between.

darkwa is injured and simply cant stay on the field. vereen is simply a 3rd down back/cop guy and paul perkins is amongst the least effective rbs ive ever seen. i see a nice opportunity for gallman.

Gallman is the future. He was excellent in the time he was on the field. Blitz pickup, good hand catching the ball, and the announcer make the point that he always turn his body forward. A 3 yard gain becomes 5 yard gain. Darkwa can't and won't stay healthy. If Gallman get 65% -75% of the workload, look out!

2 minutes ago, David Aames said:

gallman shouldnt even be owned the next 3 weeks

The Giants will need a playmarker with the injuries to the WR's and he could be the guy. Darkwa is Darkwa...Perkins has been ineffective. Give this kid 20 carries and let him work and we will see. Tough matchups though no doubt and then the bye.

2 minutes ago, David Aames said:

gallman shouldnt even be owned the next 3 weeks

I disagree - although it's definitely going to be a rough ride. The carnage from today needs to be sorted out. Regardless - he is definitely ownable.

This roster is even more of a sh!t show now with all the injuries at WR.  They have no one to throw it to, so I don't see how this helps the run game at all.  Gallman by default is going to have some value because he's the only skill player that's managed to stay healthy, but I wouldn't get too excited given how sorry this team is and is going to be.  Predicting a lot of catch up mode games, which means more passing and more Vereen.  I'm staying miles away from anyone on this offense.

10 hours ago, jspeed said:

You are just wrong.  No one is going to compare Gallman to Arian Foster as scouts did with Jordan Howard

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/profiles/jordan-howard?id=2555418

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profiles/wayne-gallman?id=2557952

I mean, those are some of the same "scouts" who compared Le'Veon Bell to LeGarrette Blount so forgive me if I don't take their analysis as gospel. 

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/le'veon-bell?id=2540175

14 hours ago, SuperJoint said:

I disagree - although it's definitely going to be a rough ride. The carnage from today needs to be sorted out. Regardless - he is definitely ownable.

I believe he said the next three weeks he shouldn't be owned:

denver

seattle

bye

he is right.