NBC Sports Edge Forums

Wayne Gallman 2017 Season Outlook

3 minutes ago, hines said:

Darkwa had 7 touches for 61 yards and a TD, Gallman had 2 touches before Darkwa got hurt. he was clearly the lead back

Please stop or move to the Darka thread.  You have valid points (I guess) but at this point the topic is completely derailed and we're no longer talking about Gallman's season outlook and just talking about if you were "right" or not.  It's a completely irrelevant discussion.

Back on track: what is the sustainability of Gallman's role?  What happens when Perkins and Darkwa are fully healthy?  Does he go back to being a bench warmer?  How solidified is he as a pass-catcher?  IMO that's his main value: running against soft coverage and getting recs in catchup/garbage time, but they also have a top-tier pass-catcher in Vereen.  Anyone that is a Giants fan want to weigh in here?  I'm only interested in Gallman if he has legit season-long value.

• Replies 559
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

34 minutes ago, hines said:

Darkwa had 7 touches for 61 yards and a TD, Gallman had 2 touches before Darkwa got hurt. he was clearly the lead back

You fail to mention his 3 drops on 4 passes. The Giants will be down almost every game. AKA He will be Gameflow dependent on a 0-5 team.

1 hour ago, JJ1223 said:

Please stop or move to the Darka thread.  You have valid points (I guess) but at this point the topic is completely derailed and we're no longer talking about Gallman's season outlook and just talking about if you were "right" or not.  It's a completely irrelevant discussion.

Back on track: what is the sustainability of Gallman's role?  What happens when Perkins and Darkwa are fully healthy?  Does he go back to being a bench warmer?  How solidified is he as a pass-catcher?  IMO that's his main value: running against soft coverage and getting recs in catchup/garbage time, but they also have a top-tier pass-catcher in Vereen.  Anyone that is a Giants fan want to weigh in here?  I'm only interested in Gallman if he has legit season-long value.

A little more on Cromartie ....

More from DRc, via Josina Anderson of ESPN :

"But to sit me a game had me hot, so I left. I was suspended way before I left. I left bc I felt what he said was BS."

Sorry for being so negative about the situation but things are obviously a mess right now. At this point the season is effectively over. Will they start looking to the future and find out what they have with the young guys? I hope so. Who knows what McAdoo is going to do. WIth a decimated WR corps, will they be able to run the ball at all? They weren't running all that well before this. Vereen doesn't seem to be going anywhere and they were alternating Darkwa and Gallman. I personally like both backs but would rather see what Gallman can do. But who am I? As a fan, I don't know if I can stomach watching the games. I might have to just listen on the radio.

Gallman had 5 receptions on Sunday even with Vereen being the primary passing down back. To me, that's huge. I may not start him this week, but he's not a deep stash on my bench. If he gets another 15+ touch game in Denver, I'm flexing him against Seattle. I saw the game and he looked impressive. Not Hunt or Fournette impressive, but he's far and above better than any back on the Giants roster. Probably one of the better receivers they have left too....

Gallman has shown 3 down back ability: Running, catching and pass blocking. I am a Giants fan and saw 2 games of Gallman play. The announcer makes the point that Gallman always falls forward. He turns a 3 yard gain into 5 yard gain because he knows how to position his body going down. To me, he passes the eye test and with opportunity, could become a strong fantasy asset.

This is what a franchise on the ropes needs.  Gallman to step forward and bring the giants all the way to the promised land.  Limping into the Superbowl from a last minute wildcard and controversial playoff victories.  Gallman puts the team on his back, sets a new super bowl rushing record, and Kareem Hunt literally cries tears of frustration.

This is why you start him with confidence.

22 minutes ago, oban14 said:

This is what a franchise on the ropes needs.  Gallman to step forward and bring the giants all the way to the promised land.  Limping into the Superbowl from a last minute wildcard and controversial playoff victories.  Gallman puts the team on his back, sets a new super bowl rushing record, and Kareem Hunt literally cries tears of frustration.

Not sure if serious. 

2 hours ago, oban14 said:

My fantasy franchise could use this too...

Is anyone else getting the feeling that this could be a trap game for Gallman? I worry that we see them playing Denver and expect Gallman to be running the ball and catching balls out of the backfield, but they just roll Vereen out there instead.

2 minutes ago, Shimmer said:

Is anyone else getting the feeling that this could be a trap game for Gallman? I worry that we see them playing Denver and expect Gallman to be running the ball and catching balls out of the backfield, but they just roll Vereen out there instead.

You shouldn't be playing him in a matchup like this in the first place. I'm in a 20 teamer and still have him on my bench.

34 minutes ago, Shimmer said:

Its a horrible matchup and Darkwa and Vereen are both healthy. Its not a trap game because its a horrible matchup.

I'm feeling good about Gallman.  To this point he's done nothing that wasn't positive and shown true 3 down ability.

In light of the WR injuries, this offense would be well served by a clock control approach, so more running back touches should be in order.  It's also clearly a lost year now and McAdoo is looking like he may get the axe shortly.  Time to take a long look at this rookie RB.

He's definitely on the bench for this week and possibly through the bye, but hopefully he comes out the other side with a solid hold on the starting gig.

2 minutes ago, CABLE87 said:

Safe drop for the next 3 weeks imo

I would tend to agree but would like to see his usage in the Denver's game to make final decision.

Darkwa is banged up so we shall see. If Gallman flashes a little against Denver then I expect him to take the starting role.

11 minutes ago, Red Dog said:

In small leagues maybe, but he'll be snatched up in large competitive PPR leagues without question.  He could be one of the Giants leading receivers going forward.

Maybe for you, but for me i cant invest in the giants, i already have Engram and cant put all my chips into this offense, i have to break away from someone.

7 minutes ago, CABLE87 said:

Maybe for you, but for me i cant invest in the giants, i already have Engram and cant put all my chips into this offense, i have to break away from someone.

Can't argue with the logic, people are mostly right though in saying someone will scoop Gallman if you drop. Darkwa will likely be sitting there in 3 weeks if you feel like buying back into the backfield though

49 minutes ago, CABLE87 said:

No one is going to pick him up 

He has a Yahoo ownership of 40% and is owned in 4 of the 5 leagues I'm in, with the outlier being a 10 team league. I'm basically just saying what owenmills just iterated in that someone will scoop him up - specifically a savvy and/or RB needy owner as I specified. I don't think you can say no one is going to pick him up. This might apply to some leagues but certainly not the more competitive ones, like 12 team PPR.

Edited by ESquared

Believe it or not, I actually like him this week in PPR. I don’t see the Giants WRs getting much separation this game, such a bad matchup for them. Denver will give dump offs to the running backs all day. Could be a solid 8-12 point guy just due to those. Wishful thinking though, im desperate at RB lmao