NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Wayne Gallman 2017 Season Outlook

• Replies 559
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, nonstopfan said:

Wow great job to you all who saved your wire position and snagged him as a FA. Actually, on Sunday I received two calls from owners asking me how the hell did I roster Gallman already and that they wanted him. I guess that's partly due to me living in NY and we have some Giant fans in league.

I would not drop Rawls. Can you drop anyone else.

Im done with rawls and i dont need him. That o line is a mess and the guy isnt even healthy enough to take his job back from Carson who didnt even look that great imo, he'll just get hurt again. You also have mcdissic and so on and so on, i'll take my chances with Ekeler with Gordon hurt too and Ekele looks healthy and explosive. I already have hunt and cj anderson, Rawls isnt worth the headache.

25 minutes ago, 7sof said:

No one's concerned this dude is going to get hurt?  Lookin' pretty lightweight out there...

Anyone can get hurt, id rather take him than rawls or some other injury prone backs out there. Hes fresh young and looks great out there. I might start him this weekend against the chargers and sit henry

Edited by CABLE87

10 minutes ago, the12thman said:

Got Both NY teams’s young back this week in Gallman and McGuire . I think they are down the road potential studs when both teams are out of the playoff and play the young guns to see what they got.

I also have both guys. Definitely great speculative adds. Far from certain production coming.

13 minutes ago, the12thman said:

Got Both NY teams’s young back this week in Gallman and McGuire . I think they are down the road potential studs when both teams are out of the playoff and play the young guns to see what they got.

same here but I think their time is here not so much later.

On 9/28/2017 at 11:37 AM, ree10 said:

Worth a flyer given the injury news on Vereen and Darkwa?

Grabbed him last Thursday after Williams went down. Thank goodness I did, saved me some FAAB dollars. Rolling with him this week with CJA on a bye.

Like some others I've hopefully found a Carson replacement in Gallman. I'll also likely have to start Eli with Mariota ailing - pretty scary to be so invested in a 0-4 team, but they're my team! And at least they're playing another 0-4 team that has been vulnerable to the run.

Edited by Vendetta

19 hours ago, martinjlm said:

Murray better ROS schedule, better o-line, run heavy offense, mediocre 3rd down back competition (McKinnon).

Gallman worse ROS schedule, worse o-line, pass heavy offense, good 3rd down back competition (Vereen).

Except Murray has mostly underwhelmed during his career, and is not durable.  Minnesota's backfield is similar to last season, more bye week replacement quality with little upside.

Gallman is more of an unknown, maybe he stinks too, but I rather take a chance on possible upside as opposed to meh.

Edited by Red Dog

4 minutes ago, hype said:

I have to pick who to roster between Collins, A. Jones, and Gallman. 2 out of 3. Having a tough time making the decision TBH.

I own two of the three, but I'm not optimistic any of the three will have stand alone value with any of their backfields. If Montgomery ends up missing games Jones has the shortest path, but he's the only one of the three that definitely won't get many touches if the starter is around. 

Gallman is one of the better dart throws

giants are 0-4 and can take a long look at what they have in the rookie. He showed very well he could take a hold of the starting job. One thing that caught my eye was his patience and burst. Something Perkins and Darkwa do not show. 

Give the kid a shot and see what happens. Don’t get cute and employ all 4 rbs, unlikely they can afford to anyways given their injuries at other positions...give a back a chance to get hot and spark this awful offense! 

Ty is going to see a regression in touches when he comes back.  I like Aaron Jones going forward.  Collins also looks good, but has a fumbling issue, so he's a longer shot in my book.  Gallman has a crowded backfield of a bunch of average at best guys to beat out, assuming he's not JAG.

Edited by Red Dog

4 minutes ago, ozark said:

Gallman is one of the better dart throws

giants are 0-4 and can take a long look at what they have in the rookie. He showed very well he could take a hold of the starting job. One thing that caught my eye was his patience and burst. Something Perkins and Darkwa do not show. 

Give the kid a shot and see what happens. Don’t get cute and employ all 4 rbs, unlikely they can afford to anyways given their injuries at other positions...give a back a chance to get hot and spark this awful offense! 

I didn't watch the game but the Giants radio broadcast guy was gushing over Gallman and pretty much straight bashing Perkins. So hopefully the coaches took notice too. 

I think there's a pretty good chance the Giants screw this up.  You could see a hodge podge rushing attack including Perkins, Gallman, Vareen..etc. While Gallman deserves a shot to feature, I'm not real confident the coaching staff here is competent enough to give Gallman a real go.  Further more, though it may be inconceivable to us, it's possible that Darkwa and Perkins suit up while Gallman goes back to inactive/healthy scratch.  I'm hoping for the best but I just have no confidence in the coaching staff here.

Lots of folks in this thread are talking like they are the HC of this team.  Has McAdoo said a word about ditching Perkins and Vereen (and Darkwa, for that matter) in favor of Gallman?  I apologize if I missed the presser where McAdoo made his intentions known.

Sure, Gallman had a half to himself and did well, but HCs don't suddenly alter schemes they spent the last 6 months installing just because a back up did what they were supposed to for 30 minutes.  And Gallman isn't a day one draft pick that the CS is under pressure to feature.

Maybe McAdoo surprises us and suddenly benches a healthy Perkins and Vereen, but gun to my head, I'm predicting the two of them pick up where they left off to a large extent.      

Edited by Rolling Thunder