NBC Sports Edge Forums

Duke Johnson 2017 Season Outlook

14 hours ago, leffe186 said:

Very surprised he was dropped in a PPR, 12-team or no. In my HPPR he's the #17 RB, and had 10 receptions in the last game. Who did they pick up instead?

I think his value stays about the same tbh.

He picked up Aaron Rodgers as backup in the playoffs (flex league). He is squarely in first with Gurley and Hunt at RB. I was surprised as well. He is loaded at WR. His backup RB is Ajayi. 

Who would you rather be holding heading into the playoffs, Duke Johnson or Marshawn Lynch?

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

22 hours ago, Randal Cunningham said:

He picked up Aaron Rodgers as backup in the playoffs (flex league). He is squarely in first with Gurley and Hunt at RB. I was surprised as well. He is loaded at WR. His backup RB is Ajayi. 

Who would you rather be holding heading into the playoffs, Duke Johnson or Marshawn Lynch?

I suppose that makes some sense - I presume your trade deadline is done, otherwise he would have got somebody to do a deal. He's presumably a huge favorite, and the chance of rolling out Rodgers in the final is worth a punt.

I would keep Duke instead of Marshawn, but it's a close-run thing because I can see Lynch getting some serious work ROS and a lot of goal-line stuff.

Ouch! Duke, Woods and Kroft all injured in the same week? I'm screwed again. He has been decently solid overall. Hated to see only 2 rush this week. We hoping he had turns a corner in that aspect.

And now Jake Elliot too? Fantasy Gods sooo cruel this week.

Edited by martinjlm
1 hour ago, Members_Only_76 said:

Too bad Kizer wasn't completely useless in comeback mode down the stretch. Could've been a huge game for Sir Duke. 

Uh huh - was pretty excited about the potential going into half time and it was a minor letdown in the end.

Duke Johnson caught 4-of-6 targets for 56 yards and a touchdown in the Browns' Week 11 loss to the Jaguars, adding two carries for 10 yards.
Johnson was the lone bright spot in yet another dispiriting Browns loss. His 27-yard score in the second quarter was perhaps DeShone Kizer's only well placed ball of the afternoon. Johnson was in the slot as the Browns went four verticals. Johnson will be a bottom-barrel RB3 for Week 12 against the Bengals. Nov 19 - 6:20 PM

Bottom Barrel RB3?  He's scored double digit points in PPR in 7 of 9 weeks. I'd say that's a lot better than bottom barrel RB3.  Sounds like someone is mad they traded him low. 
4 hours ago, GottaGetTheWin said:
Duke Johnson caught 4-of-6 targets for 56 yards and a touchdown in the Browns' Week 11 loss to the Jaguars, adding two carries for 10 yards.
Johnson was the lone bright spot in yet another dispiriting Browns loss. His 27-yard score in the second quarter was perhaps DeShone Kizer's only well placed ball of the afternoon. Johnson was in the slot as the Browns went four verticals. Johnson will be a bottom-barrel RB3 for Week 12 against the Bengals. Nov 19 - 6:20 PM

Bottom Barrel RB3?  He's scored double digit points in PPR in 7 of 9 weeks. I'd say that's a lot better than bottom barrel RB3.  Sounds like someone is mad they traded him low. 

Also, I was forced to play Coleman thanks to Shepard, and I can confirm that Duke was not the lone bright spot.

13 minutes ago, ukdesi said:

Guy has been the steal of my draft (he was my last draft pick). If you take out his first week in which he lined up in the slot, he is averaging nearly 15 points a game in PPR with a pretty decent floor. 

Picked this dude up in late September after someone in my league dropped him. He's been pretty $$$ all season long. Kicking myself for benching him 2 weeks back. Cost me a match up after I got cute. His floor is good. It's just scary that he's on such a crap team, but he's a play maker that gets it done. Hard to bench him in PPR, especially in deeper leagues. 

On 11/24/2017 at 9:12 AM, smeeze said:

It only took them 10 games this year to figure it out:

Seen stuff like this too many times to buy in.

Duke has been solid in PPR, love the talent, don't trust the Browns (or any coach speak).

If the Browns are smart they'll pound it with Crow (not an owner) and control the clock against a bad run D. But they probably won't, and Duke will come into play against a fast pass rush and Kizer would be smart to dump it quickly to Duke. Smart and Browns don't go together tho.

48 minutes ago, Members_Only_76 said:

Seen stuff like this too many times to buy in.

Duke has been solid in PPR, love the talent, don't trust the Browns (or any coach speak).

If the Browns are smart they'll pound it with Crow (not an owner) and control the clock against a bad run D. But they probably won't, and Duke will come into play against a fast pass rush and Kizer would be smart to dump it quickly to Duke. Smart and Browns don't go together tho.

I think this will be the play. Chargers have been very stout on D recently and scoring points. I see lots of slants and dump offs to Duke in this game as they try and catch up.

On 11/24/2017 at 10:12 AM, smeeze said:

It only took them 10 games this year to figure it out:

Blah, blah, blah.

Woodhead isn't going to be on a snap count.

Rawls has looked great.

Lacy has looked great.

X player is not a decoy.

I have started ignoring coaches.