NBC Sports Edge Forums

Alvin Kamara 2017 Outlook

On ‎10‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 10:46 AM, dashoe said:

Kamara is the potential ppr rb1 that the fantasy world thought they would get when they pushed christian mcaff up the draft boards and the jury is still out on cmac. He may not see the volume/snap count cmac is getting but his touches are more efficient. Those who picked kamara up for next to nothing  have a significant positional advantage advantage in the rb2/flex slot for a playoff run with 2 games against the the falcons and one against the Jets. Teams with  4-0 or 3-1 records should be looking at their rosters and making moves now for a playoff run

correct.. especially hen u have cmac and kamara and only 1 spot. not easy... less chances but does more with the chances

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, p0k said:

You guys starting Kamara this week? I have some byes, so I think I'm gunna roll him out and hope they spent last week planning no how to get him more involved!

He's an every-week starter for me, but I have a much-weaker group of RBs than most others. I like his weekly ceiling, and I think his floor's going to increase coming out of the bye too.

9 minutes ago, p0k said:

You guys starting Kamara this week? I have some byes, so I think I'm gunna roll him out and hope they spent last week planning no how to get him more involved!

Rolling him and Ingram out due to bye weeks and injuries. Hoping for 5/60 in the receiving game, and 20-30 yards rushing. TD wouldn't hurt anyone's feelings either.

14 minutes ago, p0k said:

He' in my lineup this week. Coming out of the bye, I think this is the week he becomes more involved. Not that he hasn't been already. FWIW, my RB1 Bell, RB2 Doug, Flex Kamara. Bench: James White, Derrick Henry. So in other words, Kamara over White for me this week.

Of course he's going to be starting this week. Did you not see the tape from the London game? He also had a 7-8 point 0.5 PPR floor on 6-8 touches a game.

Increase his touch count to 12-15 as projected? Money in the bank.

Also at home? Money in the bank.

Can't believe people are benching this guy. People are still fine to trot out McCaffrey as a start, but not Kamara? Kamara is in a way better position to produce.

Edited by PlayTheWaivers
1 hour ago, p0k said:

Flexing him over McCaffrey in 0.5 PPR. He looks to be trending upward and CMC trending down. Saints appear to know how to use him much more effectively.

As long as they don't come out of the bye with some asinine plan to get AP more involved.

29 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:
22 minutes ago, Edgeraid said:

Flexing him over McCaffrey in 0.5 PPR. He looks to be trending upward and CMC trending down. Saints appear to know how to use him much more effectively.

As long as they don't come out of the bye with some asinine plan to get AP more involved.

People are still fine to trot out McCaffrey as a start, but not Kamara? Kamara is in a way better position to produce.

I agree with both of you but I'm not completely against not start cmac his floor might actually be safer (especially vs a team like eagles where they block run but give up a ton to receivers and rbs that catch) who knows how kamara will be. what if they decide to give Peterson 5 more touches and get ingram more involved. id like to wait a week

1 minute ago, floppy said:

I agree with both of you but I'm not completely against not start cmac his floor might actually be safer (especially vs a team like eagles where they block run but give up a ton to receivers and rbs that catch) who knows how kamara will be. what if they decide to give Peterson 5 more touches and get ingram more involved. id like to wait a week

Obviously starting anyone is a risk with what ifs attached... But my guess is that it is far more likely that they spent their bye week game planning ways to get Kamara more involved than game planning for increased use from AP.

With the bye weeks u must have a great team to consider a sit

The AP Trade is going to establish SUCH BETTER RHYTHM in the offense. Ingram and Kamara can both catch passes. Both can run between the tackles. This Saints offense just became much more dangerous now that it will be even more unpredictable.

I was thinking of trading Brees but now having second thoughts. Snead is coming back too.

Saints could surprise and win that division.

• tonycpsu changed the title to Alvin Kamara 2017 Outlook
  • phatrat locked this topic
  • phatrat unlocked this topic