NBC Sports Edge Forums

Alvin Kamara 2017 Outlook

7 minutes ago, Jwook said:

I was just in the process of convincing someone to take Pryor and Buck off my hands for Kamara when the news broke. FML

Should have been working that trade wire a lot harder during the Saints bye week. Especially after the game he had against Miami. Really, you offer was shiiit and the Kamara owner would have been crazy to accept it. Was probably just leading you on, only to waste your time in the end and crush your soul by denying it. Pryor and Buck? lol Come on dude.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My flex is SAVED after shannahan hitting Hyde owners with the 'hot hand' rubbish.  I trust the ppr production of the pass catching rb on the saints more than I do the best rb on the niners. 

2 minutes ago, iretirefromfantasy said:

How much does this help with Kamara?

I think the biggest help is what someone mentioned above in that AP coming into the game was drive-killing and ruined any momentum the offense had. I would think Kamara may see another 4-7 touches a game as a result of this. 

3 minutes ago, gus030 said:

Nice list where u get this from? I don't see KC so I assume they have one of the worst?

From Scout.com. 

FantasyPros has NO at #5. So depending what list for strength of schedule, it looks like NO has a top 3-5 ROS schedule for RB based off of the first 5 weeks of defense data. 

ij7QCxP.png

24 minutes ago, iretirefromfantasy said:

How much does this help with Kamara?

Well, not that ESPN projections are ever all *that* useful, but prior to the news he was projected for 7 points, and now he's projected for 10. (Standard, not PPR).

So about 3 points worth :D

51 minutes ago, street sharks said:

Does this really even help Kamara? AP was only getting like 8 snaps a game...

every touch ingram gets he is closer to getting turf toe and will have to sit 3-9 games

silver linings

My team scored 55 this week so this will be the only thread I visit to keep my sanity.

I do think in all formats it makes him very valuable if he wasn't already. Even in standard you are looking at 70-80 YPG with TD upside each week. Which is more than enough for a flex and also makes him one of the biggest steals of the draft.

Mark Ingram:

42 rushing attempts

15 receptions

Alvin Kamara:

15 rushing attempts

20 receptions

Adrian Peterson:

27 rushing attempts

2 receptions

will be very interesting to see how this plays out for Ingram/Kamara.  With Sean Payton, I don't know that I would be shocked either way.

1 hour ago, street sharks said:

Does this really even help Kamara? AP was only getting like 8 snaps a game...

At the least it removes 3rd wheel uncertainty from the backfield so it helps kamara owners. 8 additional snaps is alot because 8 additioanal snaps in ppr on a passing offense s the opportunity for 8 additional touches. 

Yes it helps Kamara when the trade was based on his performance and role in the offense.

Payton has confidence in Kamara

10 minutes ago, dashoe said:

At the least it removes 3rd wheel uncertainty from the backfield so it helps kamara owners. 8 additional snaps is alot because 8 additioanal snaps in ppr on a passing offense s the opportunity for 8 additional touches. 

Yes it helps Kamara when the trade was based on his performance and role in the offense.

Payton has confidence in Kamara

Agreed, this definitely gives a clearer picture of the backfield going forward. While AP didn't get a ton of snaps, he is now totally removed from the picture. Ingram and Kamara can be started confidently. 

25 minutes ago, twelve20 said:

Mark Ingram:

42 rushing attempts

15 receptions

Alvin Kamara:

15 rushing attempts

20 receptions

Adrian Peterson:

27 rushing attempts

2 receptions

will be very interesting to see how this plays out for Ingram/Kamara.  With Sean Payton, I don't know that I would be shocked either way.

29 touches for AP divided by 4 games is 7.25 touches per game.  If Kamara gets half of those, that's an extra 3-4 touches per game.  Add in the comment from Payton, and I think both Ingram and Kamara are going to be very steady RB2s, with potential for one of them, and possibly both, to have RB1 type weeks (similar to the game against Miami).   In PPR I think 10-12 points is the floor for both of these guys, and we should see plenty of 20+ from this backfield going forward.

2 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

Since Ingram probably slept with the coaches wife (fake news) all he needs to do is fumble once for Kamara to get double carries and become a legit RB 1 in all formats.

Very true. I’ve had Ingram the past two seasons. As soon as he fumbled his carries went down drastically. Kamara is in a great spot. Seeing how most ppl picked him up off the WW. He’ll be a great RB 2 with potential for several 18 point game. 

6 minutes ago, HOF12 said:

Very true. I’ve had Ingram the past two seasons. As soon as he fumbled his carries went down drastically. Kamara is in a great spot. Seeing how most ppl picked him up off the WW. He’ll be a great RB 2 with potential for several 18 point game. 

what happens if kamara fumbles?

14 minutes ago, dashoe said:

what happens if kamara fumbles?

He gets a second go at it. I’ve always felt that Sean Peyton wasn’t too fond of Ingram. Which is pretty messed up tbh 

but the way they’ve been talking up kamara it seems like they really want to get him going. 

• tonycpsu changed the title to Alvin Kamara 2017 Outlook
  • phatrat locked this topic
  • phatrat unlocked this topic