NBC Sports Edge Forums

Alvin Kamara 2017 Outlook

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, iretirefromfantasy said:

That would be great is he became the clear cut starter.........

on this offense and at the pace they can play you prefer for him to be be the joker with Brees as the QB, he stays fresh and doesnt get beat up with all of the between the tackles and short yardage work. Also brees prefers to pass for a TD than let a rb run for a TD

Edited by dashoe

I'm sure we've all seen his week 4 clips. But pay attention to the quarters. Involved from the get go in the first quarter, then involved again late in the 4th. Could make the case here for add of the year. But don't want to get ahead of myself.

2 hours ago, Gohawks said:

My team scored 55 this week so this will be the only thread I visit to keep my sanity.

I do think in all formats it makes him very valuable if he wasn't already. Even in standard you are looking at 70-80 YPG with TD upside each week. Which is more than enough for a flex and also makes him one of the biggest steals of the draft.

Not suprising to hear the first part.

Kamara will have amazing and great and good games and no bad games for the rest of the season, in my opinion.

37 minutes ago, dashoe said:

I will make the case for you if you picked him off the waiver or drafted him late rounds he is the add of the year thus far. Name another high volume pass first offense with a HOF QB and a rb who will get a significant volume of high quality targets every week with no competition.

Mark Ingram

5 minutes ago, Jay85 said:

Current trade Value up the roof right now. See if you can sell and upgrade your other Position. 

was thinking the same but I love him right now.. instantly when that AP trade happened I was offered Michael Thomas and mixon for kamara and golden tate.. pretty high value in full ppr

Edited by floppy
11 minutes ago, floppy said:

was thinking the same but I love him right now.. instantly when that AP trade happened I was offered Michael Thomas and mixon for kamara and golden tate.. pretty high value in full ppr

Hahahahahahah

edit: ok not that bad for full PPR

Edited by lolcopter
1 hour ago, iretirefromfantasy said:

That would be great is he became the clear cut starter.........

won't happen. 

NO doesnt run their back field like that. 

timeshare city here on out which is still way better than having AP in the mix even though he was a non event this increases Kamaras value drastically so it's def an upside day for Kamaras owners. 

Kamara owner here since week 1 and I'm happy with the news but not going overboard.  One concern is when Snead returns he is gonna steal some of the targets for sure, but I feel like the offense as a whole should overall improve and hopefully Brees will get some 400 yards games and 3-4 tds should increase Kamaras scoring potential 

15 minutes ago, floppy said:

I sold Kamara off of this news. I love the kid but I moved him and Pryor for Keenan Allen and Hogan in a Full PPR. 

Edited by JoeG03

Picked up Kamara a few weeks ago off waivers. Feel pretty great about getting to steal him off waivers. Got him in the starting line up for the first time this week. Even though its a non-PPR league I got high hopes he is going to pay dividends the rest of the season for me even more now that AP is gone.

Kamara is going to be good but lets not forget he had ONE super game against Miami in London, pump the brakes a little bit.

The talk is good, he looks good but Ingram is there along with all the WRs including Snead coming back, lets not pretend there isnt some risk to treating him as a sure fire RB1 especially in trade situations.

I own him in a few leagues but for your own sakes you might want to simmer down kamara over-enthusiasts.

Edited by esoomer
  • tonycpsu changed the title to Alvin Kamara 2017 Outlook
  • phatrat locked this topic
  • phatrat unlocked this topic