NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Alvin Kamara 2017 Outlook

No one is extensively game-planning for Kamara, but they are addressing it and scheming to a degree.  That degree has been on an upward trend for at least 4 weeks.  He's a weapon, maybe NO's decisive weapon.  Carolina was certainly aware, as they discussed prior to the game.  Carolina is a great defense and has the best linebacking corps (Keuckly, Thomas Davis, Shaq Thompson - the latter two having played safety in college) in the NFL.  Kamara shredded them.  The offense as a whole was great.  Notice they went to Kamara early - something like 50 yards and a touchdown on the first drive - to set the tone.  Bodes well, and he looks incredibly instinctive.  He's performing at an elite level and the only indication he can't continue to do so is the natural improbability of a player, especially one previously obscure, being that good at football.  He's just such a smooth, natural player.

Caught the "you ball, you get the call" segment with both of them facetiming(?) Deion.  It's obvious Mark Ingram has found his best friend, and is quite possibly the happiest he's ever been.  They're two guys from SEC schools who just love playing football, and they make a good team that's enjoying themselves.  It's funny, I'm got Kamara vs Ingram with a bye going to the winner and definitely worried that Kamara having a big game could provoke Ingram to match or beat him.  Thankfully, after Ingram took the lead Kamara responded to take it back.  Watching their scores side by side was impressive.

Kamara is in a great spot and is a great talent.  He's not the best running back in the league yet.  Bell, DJ, Gurley, and Zeke are in their own tier.  Kamara may join them, but let's be rational.  As far as where he should be drafted next season?  I'm keeping him, so he and Zeke will be my 1st and 2nd round picks.  Other options are (were) Hunt, Mike Thomas, Engram, Corey Davis (smh).  So Davis would be silly, but there's an argument to be made between the other 3.  If I didn't have Kamara, I'd keep one of the 3 of them but I wouldn't feel great about it.  On the other hand, I'm pretty psyched to go into next year's draft with Zeke and Kamara already locked up.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why are y'all even responding to dude who says Alvin Kamara isn't an elite offensive talent. Anyone who says such a foolish statement has to be trolling or simply hasn't watched a football game or sportscenter in months and has somehow missed all the Kamara highlights that pop up every single week. 

7 hours ago, Dexter75 said:

You're right, he doesn't and he's till the SECOND best RB in fantasy right now. Thats how damn good he is. Its like LeBron. You're so used to the greatness that anything less than a career season seems mediocre. Bell is still fantastic. 

Do u realize how silly u sound debating if kamara is elite or as elite as Bell. The guy is a rookie putting up comparable points as Bell with half to a third of the touches/snaps and breaking records. So you can debate all day if kamara deserves to be in the same league as bell but for this fantasy season I don't think anyone is debating if kamara is 'Elite'.

He is a bonafide 2017 stud and he is currently outproducing Bell in terms of fantasy production, real world production I can care less about. 

19 minutes ago, Jrod124 said:

You play in 14 leagues, you probably have a share of every single NFL player....laaaaaame

yeah,it's kind of like what's the point? you can be right and wrong about the top all of the 100 players unless u draft the same team in every league.   Primary reason why I put my primary $$ team in my sig so posters know if I have a stake in a player or not and see where i make my choices.

I've done as many as 4 I think (that I actually cared about). To me, 2 or 3 leagues is ideal. Especially if they are different formats. I have been doing two main leagues, one a .5PPR snake draft and another a standard auction keeper league. The variance in formats makes it interesting. Once you have X amount of the same leagues, they blend together and lose its luster.

Anyway I'm stoked to see Kamara light it up in the fantasy playoffs. Just hope he didn't use up all his TD's in recent weeks. I like that have designed plays for him in the redzone. Ingram might be the goal line back, but Kamara still gets plenty of redzone work.

2 hours ago, dashoe said:

yeah,it's kind of like what's the point? you can be right and wrong about the top all of the 100 players unless u draft the same team in every league.   Primary reason why I put my primary $$ team in my sig so posters know if I have a stake in a player or not and see where i make my choices.

I play in one 14 team league. 

It's as pure as it can get. 

You guys need to distinguish between whether you're talking about real life football value or fantasy football value here. Cause for real life football value, it's way premature to be calling Kamara better than Bell. For fantasy value, I can see the argument for him being better ROS.

5 minutes ago, atrium said:

You guys need to distinguish between whether you're talking about real life football value or fantasy football value here. Cause for real life football value, it's way premature to be calling Kamara better than Bell. For fantasy value, I can see the argument for him being better ROS.

FF value is all I care about right now.

Kamara 100% not more valuable than Bell, you're absolutely high if you think this. 

I would still draft at least 5 RBS over Kamara right now. He's unbelievable right now, but he's due for regression. It is impossible theoretically to keep up the numbers he is putting up with the amount of touches/plays he's involved in. 

3 minutes ago, iretirefromfantasy said:

FF value is all I care about right now.

Sweet dude. But I was addressing the argument earlier in the thread, where half the people seemed to be talking about his fantasy value and half his real life value.

3 minutes ago, CharlieWhitehurst said:

Kamara 100% not more valuable than Bell, you're absolutely high if you think this. 

I would still draft at least 5 RBS over Kamara right now. He's unbelievable right now, but he's due for regression. It is impossible theoretically to keep up the numbers he is putting up with the amount of touches/plays he's involved in. 

If anything Kamara's been the antithesis of Bell. Incredibly efficient on little volume. While Bell has been not efficient on a s--- ton of volume.

I think Kamara will continue to be an RB1 rest of the season, but I'd be a little worried about drafting him next season if Ingram stays. Too many factors I feel like have to go right for him to maintain this level of efficiency.

Edited by atrium

The answer to every "who is on most championship teams" question is without a question Kamara. Dude is saving my team that lost OBJ, and I can't imagine what he is doing for healthy teams. Yeah, I'm sure you might see some names like Wentz, Ertz, Hunt, Allen, etc. But Kamara is really the answer. Most got him for cheap or off waivers (remember when we thought Peterson was the guy?), and he has played like a first round stud.

Just now, mtblock said:

The answer to every "who is on most championship teams" question is without a question Kamara. Dude is saving my team that lost OBJ, and I can't imagine what he is doing for healthy teams. Yeah, I'm sure you might see some names like Wentz, Ertz, Hunt, Allen, etc. But Kamara is really the answer. Most got him for cheap or off waivers (remember when we thought Peterson was the guy?), and he has played like a first round stud.

I have Bell and Kamara on the same team, it's a great year hahahaha.

I was offered Bell for Kamara and a future draft pick in dynasty back in early October and declined the offer. 

I might be the only person on the planet who would have declined that offer at that point in the season, but I feel pretty good about that going forward.  

4 minutes ago, atrium said:

I think Kamara will continue to be an RB1 rest of the season, but I'd be a little worried about drafting him next season if Ingram stays. Too many factors I feel like have to go right for him to maintain this level of efficiency.

Most significant factor is that Sean Payton has saved his job.  That is a good thing for Kamara.

2 minutes ago, atrium said:

If anything Kamara's been the antithesis of Bell. Incredibly efficient on little volume. While Bell has been not efficient on a s--- ton of volume.

And this is exactly why someone like Bell will be very hard to touch as far as value (unless he ends up going to another team and is part of a committee which i heavily heavily doubt regardless of his contract).

Bell is a true 3 down back who can do it all, run, catch, block, he creates plays out of nothing. He is a true generational talent. He has the most attempts, the most yards, the most receptions, the most plays out of any rb in the league and it's not close. Kamara is having an amazing year but he is not on Bell's level yet. 

1 minute ago, CharlieWhitehurst said:

And this is exactly why someone like Bell will be very hard to touch as far as value (unless he ends up going to another team and is part of a committee which i heavily heavily doubt regardless of his contract).

Bell is a true 3 down back who can do it all, run, catch, block, he creates plays out of nothing. He is a true generational talent. He has the most attempts, the most yards, the most receptions, the most plays out of any rb in the league and it's not close. Kamara is having an amazing year but he is not on Bell's level yet. 

Pretty much. Though like I said, Kamara could easily have more value than Bell this season. He's in about as perfect a situation as it gets. Bell I would trust more in the long term cause we already know he's immune to situation.

1 minute ago, atrium said:

Pretty much. Though like I said, Kamara could easily have more value than Bell this season. He's in about as perfect a situation as it gets. Bell I would trust more in the long term cause we already know he's immune to situation.

In a redraft I would draft kamara in the 2nd round. 

If ingram were to leave for some odd reason I would actually be less inclined to draft Kamara because we do not know how more usage would effect him yet. 

Bell is still #1 pick in my eyes. 

• tonycpsu changed the title to Alvin Kamara 2017 Outlook
  • phatrat locked this topic
  • phatrat unlocked this topic