Jump to content
NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Alvin Kamara 2017 Outlook


Recommended Posts

Ingram banged up

Ingram has Pro Bowl clause in contract, N.O. knows they lose him If he makes Pro Bowl to out clause in contract 

 

Perfect storm brewing, Kamara is gonna go for 30+ Thur night in PPR

 

Print it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, AroundTheHorn said:

I really hope Ingram is just precautionary because I really think the split back thing is working out in Kamara's favor. 

 

Right, I agree. As soon as one defense starts to pick-up on Kamara's tendencies, they swap in Ingram for the next series. Then back and forth throughout the game, keeping the opposing defense on their toes.

 

But who knows, Kamara might be the breakout workhorse RB1 after all. I'll definitely be watching this Thursday.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, TheLegacy said:

 

Right, I agree. As soon as one defense starts to pick-up on Kamara's tendencies, they swap in Ingram for the next series. Then back and forth throughout the game, keeping the opposing defense on their toes.

 

But who knows, Kamara might be the breakout workhorse RB1 after all. I'll definitely be watching this Thursday.

 

Similar to Hunt. Early on in the year, Hunt was lights out, defenses were surprised. Now, they focus on him and he's been shut down. I think Ingram playing helps Kamara. Their 1-2 punch is working.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ingram sitting would be a bad thing. Kamara has never had a huge workload dating back to his injury-prone college days, where Hurd was the thunder to his lightning. Kamara's amazing effectiveness on per touch basis would dwindle down significantly should he be the workhorse. Ingram and Kamara complement each other perfectly. One missing time would hurt the other more than the additional touches gain, you heard it here first!

Edited by frog34
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, frog34 said:

Ingram sitting would be a bad thing. Kamara has never had a huge workload dating back to his injury-prone college days, where Foreman was the thunder to his lightning. Kamara's amazing effectiveness on per touch basis would dwindle down significantly should he be the workhorse. Ingram and Kamara complement each other perfectly. One missing time would hurt the other more than the additional touches gain, you heard it here first!

 

Foreman who? Malik? Lol, no.

 

He shared reps with Jalen Hurd.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

Am I the only one that thinks Ingram sitting is a bad thing? I do think they will cap Kamara's touches at 20, which obviously puts him as the RB1 overall if his efficiency stays the same. Maybe Jonathan Williams gets into the action and becomes a flex play. Speaking of sneaky DFS.

 

I don't think it's a bad thing, in fact I would love it...but only because I am going up against Ingram in a first round matchup. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, frog34 said:

Ingram sitting would be a bad thing. Kamara has never had a huge workload dating back to his injury-prone college days, where Hurd was the thunder to his lightning. Kamara's amazing effectiveness on per touch basis would dwindle down significantly should he be the workhorse. Ingram and Kamara complement each other perfectly. One missing time would hurt the other more than the additional touches gain, you heard it here first!

 

It can't  be a bad thing. Impossible. Kamara will still get his usual allotment of plays (a good thing) and may get some of Ingrams goal line plays (good thing). Could it lead to an injury ? i guess, but guys get injured in practice so it's  not something I am going to lose sleep over. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Anteater99 said:

Some people like drinking expired milk

 

Some people like turnstiles that don't turn 

 

Some people like pouring hot coffee on themselves 

 

Some people like their fantasy studs to get fewer touches... In the first week of the playoffs..

LMAO I don't get it...

 

"would if he gets hurt because he carries the ball 9 more times" 

"he might not produce without Ingram"

 

He is a beast that makes things happen regardless, I think more touches means more points.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Mark Ingram (toe) is questionable for Week 14 against the Falcons.

Ingram was again listed as DNP on Wednesday, putting him in actual question for Thursday night in Atlanta. He's looking like a potential game-time decision. If Ingram sits, Alvin Kamara will be an even more elite RB1 play.
 
 
Dec 6 - 3:43 PM
Edited by iretirefromfantasy
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

Am I the only one that thinks Ingram sitting is a bad thing? I do think they will cap Kamara's touches at 20, which obviously puts him as the RB1 overall if his efficiency stays the same. Maybe Jonathan Williams gets into the action and becomes a flex play. Speaking of sneaky DFS.

 

 

I don't think it's 'bad' but i can imagine a scenario where they lean less on the run game and more on Brees and the passing game so as to keep kamra fresh  and not hurt his explosiveness.

So Michael Thomas-Ginn-Snead-coleman and whichever TE is available should see an uptick

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, dashoe said:

 

 

I don't think it's 'bad' but i can imagine a scenario where they lean less on the run game and more on Brees and the passing game so as to keep kamra fresh  and not hurt his explosiveness.

So Michael Thomas-Ginn-Snead-coleman and whichever TE is available should see an uptick

 

Music to my ears.  Yes please.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

strongly disagree with those saying Kamara is valued better when Ingram is out. This duo is tried and true causing teams to gameplan for BOTH. Now a team will really only have to game plan for ONE, much easier to do imo. 

 

In my 1/2pt ppr league, Kamara has averaged 26.8pts over the last 5 games. If we were to take ingram out for 5 games, do you think he still averages that? For reference, I dont believe any other running back this season has averaged that for 5 consecutive games. According to those facts, expecting Kamara to perform even BETTER without ingram would be lunacy. They fit together perfectly; don't mess with what works if you can avoid it.

Edited by slothfantasy
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, slothfantasy said:

strongly disagree with those saying Kamara is valued better when Ingram is out. This duo is tried and true causing teams to gameplan for BOTH. Now a team will really only have to game plan for ONE, much easier to do imo. 

 

In my 1/2pt ppr league, Kamara has averaged 26.8pts over the last 5 games. If we were to take ingram out for 5 games, do you think he still averages that? For reference, I dont believe any other running back this season has averaged that for 5 consecutive games. According to those facts, expecting Kamara to perform even BETTER without ingram would be lunacy. They fit together perfectly; don't mess with what works if you can avoid it.

 

 

No.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • tonycpsu changed the title to Alvin Kamara 2017 Outlook
  • phatrat locked this topic
  • phatrat unlocked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...