NBC Sports Edge Forums

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a big fan of calling up a minor league player while on the road as opposed to home. Get around the guys ( new teammates ) outside of being at home. Even more - I like the fact he gets called up in a hitters park like Coors. I think its a good setting ( on the road, and ballpark ) to get him going in MLB. These little nuances play key parts.

15 minutes ago, High&Inside said:

Terry collins+NYMbeing NyM = playing time issues. 

The Mets traded no one else.  Outfield full,  Infield has Walker, Reyes, Asdrubal, Flores... I guess they bench Flores and move Walker to 1B?  The Mets hate Flores. 

Lots of hype on this dude,  been owned for months in my 12 team and 15. Hopefully for owners it's not just added NYC hype.  

Does he improve the defense along with other guys shuffling around?  Could help those of us who roster DeGrom, Lugo, Ramos etc

Edited by Morat

Rosario definitely should play every day but I don't trust that Collins will bench his veterans one bit. Alderson will likely have to force his hand but he's been reluctant to micromanage Terry in the past. They really needed to dump Cabrera or Walker. 

4 minutes ago, Fantasy Baseball Geek said:

Why are you blaming Collins? Alderson is the problem and has been the problem since he got here. He doesn't value speed or defense and it's really hurt this team, especially since it was built around pitching. 

See reference page

Conforto, Michael

13 minutes ago, DemOrioles said:

I'd imagine they didn't call up Rosario to sit him on the bench.  They faced heat for not calling him up sooner, don't think they want heat for him on the bench.

3 minutes ago, Purple Hippo said:

Rosario definitely should play every day but I don't trust that Collins will bench his veterans one bit. Alderson will likely have to force his hand but he's been reluctant to micromanage Terry in the past. They really needed to dump Cabrera or Walker. 

Okay, just curious,  gimme the INF alignment.  This will domino affect other Met players. 

Gotta wonder about the timing here.  Makes me think Mets brass f@cked up and expected to trade dudes but couldn't. 

Edited by Morat
3 minutes ago, Morat said:

Okay, just curious,  gimme the INF alignment.  This will domino affect other Met players. 

Gotta wonder about the timing here.  Makes me think Mets brass f*caked up and expected to trade dudes but couldn't. 

3- Dom Smith/Flores

4 - Walker/Reyes/Cabrera

5  - Cabrera/Walker/Flores

6- Rosario/Reyes/Cabrera 

16 minutes ago, High&Inside said:
28 minutes ago, Morat said:

The Mets traded no one else.  Outfield full,  Infield has Walker, Reyes, Asdrubal, Flores... I guess they bench Flores and move Walker to 1B?  The Mets hate Flores. 

Lots of hype on this dude,  been owned for months in my 12 team and 15. Hopefully for owners it's not just added NYC hype.  

Does he improve the defense along with other guys shuffling around?  Could help those of us who roster DeGrom, Lugo, Ramos etc

They can still move Cabrera/Grandy/Walker after the deadline. They're likely to clear waivers giver their salaries. 

Rosario at short and Smith at first will improve the defense by about 1000000%

Edited by Purple Hippo

What did he do wrong with Conforto? Last season he didn't hit. They should've sent him down much earlier than they did. This season it's been fine. Alderson does micromanage the team, which is why Collins has snapped at various front office employees over the last 2 seasons. The only problem anyone should have with Collins is with his bullpen and pitching management. I watch every single Mets game and they can't play defense and they can't take a base. They are just not capable of doing those things. Every single position is subpar defensively. That's on the GM not the manager. I think Collins' time here is done but Alderson should be done as well but he's going to get a pass. 

17 minutes ago, Morat said:

Gotta wonder about the timing here.  Makes me think Mets brass f@cked up and expected to trade dudes but couldn't. 

Yes they screwed up, Cabrera should've been dfa'd when he requested a trade. Reyes is not an everyday player anymore and Walker receiving a qualifying offer coming off a back injury was ridiculous. They're being run by a bunch of goofballs. Rosario should've been up here since May and Smith should've been up here when Duda was on the DL. If it didn't work out they could've sent them back down without a problem. How do you try to build a team around pitching and then turn around and screw with the defense behind them? Makes no sense. 

1 hour ago, SpecialFNK said:

what is a comparable player that Rosario is expected to be like? I think I've seen some compare him to Elvis Andrus before.

nick franklin is the #1 comparable player on baseball prospectus