NBC Sports Edge Forums

August Closer Thread 2017

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why Scioscia WHY?

I would understand if it's a high leverage position which you want Cam to get you out of. But really at the beginning of an inning wtf that makes no sense. Cam himself must be confused as hell.

Just now, Backdoor Slider said:

Parker?

According to the LAA announcers the other day, Mike doesn't want to use Parker as his closer, even though he's the best bullpen arm, because Parker doesn't have a "closer's mentality." Honest to gosh. I'm not making that up. 

5 minutes ago, lipitorkid said:

According to the LAA announcers the other day, Mike doesn't want to use Parker as his closer, even though he's the best bullpen arm, because Parker doesn't have a "closer's mentality." Honest to gosh. I'm not making that up. 

Probably because he doesn't have his "man muscles" yet

Sam Dyson owners should celebrate with this news here on Rotoworld:

Mark Melancon admitted Friday that he has been contemplating surgery.

The right-hander claims that the ligament in his elbow is fine, but the surgery would correct a separate issue that has bothered him off and on since the 2012 season. Melancon has continued to have conversations with the Giants' training staff regarding the proper course of action and Giants' manage Bruce Bochy said he wouldn't put Melancon on the mound if it meant risking further injury. It doesn't sound like he's going to have much fantasy value over the final six weeks of the season.

Aug 18 - 8:06 PM

• JFS179 locked this topic