NBC Sports Edge Forums

August Closer Thread 2017

I inherited Chapman but yea I now believe also in "no closers early" due to all the fluctuation in the role.  At first blush, it seems to me like this year has been a prototypical example of that.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

using him at any point makes it seem like he is so good he will be used whenever the other teams better players are due up, but this tweet makes it more like he was not pitching well enough.

No matter what Girardi said, it's going to be Betances Robertson then Chapman as the closer rotation for the forseeable future.  

Wish I'd saved one transaction for the weekend due to this news..

22 minutes ago, Bravesfan155 said:

Is it safe to assume Greene is no longer the closer? Or are the Tigers just a**? Hasn't gotten a save in 16 days and every time out he performs horrible.

No. It's safe to assume the opposite.

The only other Tiger with a save in the last month is Bruce Rondon on 8/4. And that's only because Greene had saves on 8/1, 8/2, and 8/3

Edited by Fiveohnine
2 hours ago, Fiveohnine said:

No. It's safe to assume the opposite.

The only other Tiger with a save in the last month is Bruce Rondon on 8/4. And that's only because Greene had saves on 8/1, 8/2, and 8/3

And Rondon was just sent back to AAA recently. Greene just hasn't had any save opportunities and he's been good when he actually does have a chance at the save. 

2 hours ago, CharlesHustle said:

Anyone think Oh pulls his head out of his a has a nice finish with a sone saves down the stretch?

sounds like it will be Oh or no one on the Cards if the second opinion on Rosie is indeed ominous.

Just now, 24/7fantasysports said:

As an Edwin Diaz owner should I be concerned of a demotion with David Phelps returning from the DL this week? I just stashed Phelps on my DL with our leagues playoffs starting in 2 weeks. 

No. They want Diaz. Don't worry about stashing Phelps until Diaz blows two in a row. And even then it could be between Vincent or Phelps

• JFS179 locked this topic