NBC Sports Edge Forums

August Closer Thread 2017

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 hours ago, ASHLANDARROWS1992 said:

anyone on here that actually thinks that if melancon is healthy that he will be setting up dyson for the ROS let me know....will be more than happy to make a friendly wager on it...

I actually think that if he is healthy but can't get batters out, he won't close this season.

That said, if he is bad he won't even be the setup man ROS, so no bet.

The only thing for sure, that the Giants need him to close next season.

You play to win the game - Herman Edwards

Edited by JCD
8 hours ago, bradwatson said:

Ziggy won't last long. Probably just keeping the seat warm for Bear Claw.

Ziegler may not last long.  Fact.

But this year notwithstanding, he's been a pretty solid major league reliever, and serviceable closer.

Guys with "Bear Claw's" walk rate this year don't have long closer self lives either

Guys that love speculation and finding the next hot, strike out closer, keep an eye on Jose Ramirez in Atlanta.  Been solid all year, and he's been dominant lately.  He's been the Braves best reliever all year.  Deep leagues, dynasty leagues, speculators take note.

How about Joe Jimenez in Detroit? Just called up after abusing AAA hitters. Might be worth a stash; scouts say he's their closer of the future, and if Greene falters the future could be now.

14 hours ago, 9703 said:

What are the Rangers doing with their bullpen? 

Claudio is their only lefty reliever. So if a situation arises where they really need a lefty, they use him.

If they were contending, they'd obviously address their bullpen, but since they're not, they just carry on with this weird situation.

I am not above any situation involving closers - I just picked up Belisle and Treinen. But the Rangers situation is one I'm avoiding entirely until there is a little clarity there. The Claudio and Kela usage is just extremely bizarre. Even the Bush usage is weird.

• JFS179 locked this topic