NBC Sports Edge Forums

August Closer Thread 2017

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

51 minutes ago, bradwatson said:

Oh pitching the 7th up 8 runs. Yea I don't think he's the closer...

Now it's just a matter of figuring out who the actual closer is.  An actual save opportunity would help.

7 hours ago, AnonymousRob said:

I think Lyons has to be the favorite. 

they were saying Lyons was going to be the guy in the 9th for the last game if it had been a save situation.

Question being, if Lyons is the guy is  he an upgrade over the Trienan, Ziegler, Minaya, Parker tier of closer that popped up recently?  Maybe this is just my league but with the year ending the RP demand has slipped and those types are bouncing back and forth to the wire as teams make desperation moves. 

Edited by Baur10
2 hours ago, Baur10 said:

Question being, if Lyons is the guy is  he an upgrade over the Trienan, Ziegler, Minaya, Parker tier of closer that popped up recently?  Maybe this is just my league but with the year ending the RP demand has slipped and those types are bouncing back and forth to the wire as teams make desperation moves. 

Well he has better numbers than all those guys besides maybe Parker and plays for a better team than most so I would think so yes. I've considered dumping Minaya for him myself.

18 hours ago, AnonymousRob said:

I think Lyons has to be the favorite. 

11 hours ago, STLSU said:

they were saying Lyons was going to be the guy in the 9th for the last game if it had been a save situation.

Thanks to the both of you.

My lineup is pretty well locked in right now for today, especially since I went into potential September call-up stash mode today, but I can probably find one guy to cut for him tomorrow if he is still there.  I don't really need the saves anymore, but I may still make it work anyways since the Cards can give plenty of save opps at times.

• JFS179 locked this topic