NBC Sports Edge Forums

Tyler Lockett 2017 Season Outlook

I think the clock is ticking on this kid. 61 Offensive snaps last week? Rolling him out there this week (mostly cuz I like to be right [and am frequently NOT], and I waited on WR)

Over his last 7 HEALTHY games (removing the one where he broke his leg and the 1st game of this year) he's pacing at 101 targets, 62 rec, 930 yds and a couple TD. Not WR2 #'s unless you include rushing & punt return TD's...which are harder to count on. I'm banking on his upside and big play ability.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, cutter311 said:

I think the clock is ticking on this kid. 61 Offensive snaps last week? Rolling him out there this week (mostly cuz I like to be right [and am frequently NOT], and I waited on WR)

Over his last 7 HEALTHY games (removing the one where he broke his leg and the 1st game of this year) he's pacing at 101 targets, 62 rec, 930 yds and a couple TD. Not WR2 #'s unless you include rushing & punt return TD's...which are harder to count on. I'm banking on his upside and big play ability.

With Richardson in the way it’s hard to see him get any traction. 

2 hours ago, ZChronicNebula said:

Uhhhhhh uhmmmmmmmm yaaaaaa no.

No idea why you say that.  Richardson is the better receiver and it’s not close. Only thing Lockett has over him is speed and after his injury it’s probably close in that aspect as well. Richardson has better hands, a bigger catch radius, and runs better routes. 

5 hours ago, iheartrubio said:

No idea why you say that.  Richardson is the better receiver and it’s not close. Only thing Lockett has over him is speed and after his injury it’s probably close in that aspect as well. Richardson has better hands, a bigger catch radius, and runs better routes. 

I love Richardson as a prospect, as he has good measurables and a penchant for making breathtaking grabs. That said, it's incorrect to state that speed is what Lockett has over him... Lockett is way more elusive, which includes burst, moves, vision, balance, etc. Indeed, he's just a superior playmaker with the ball in his hands.

Edited by augustine
13 minutes ago, TennisMenace said:

Hey guys, who is the better WR to own? Lockett or Richardson or neither (I know Baldwin is the best) 

Coin flip either one can be the #2 wr on seatlle any given week

• 4 weeks later...