40-yard dash: 4.34 seconds 
Vertical: 36 1/2 inches 

Broad jump: 10 feet, 8 inches 
Short shuttle: 4.28 seconds 
3-cone: 7.07 seconds 
Bench: 8 reps of 225 pounds

Draft Round:  UDFA

Strengths: Speed, Deep Ball Tracking.
Weaknesses: Built like a 17 year old boy.

Undrafted out of Temple,  Robby Anderson led all NFL WR's in the 2016 preseason receiving yards.  Anderson played more down the stretch last season, with his best game being a 6 catch for 99 yard performance vs the 49ers.

With the season ending injury to Quincy Enunwa, Anderson could be heading for a big role in 2017.

Coming into his second season, Robby Anderson spent time in the off season putting on more weight.  Although he was listed at 190 at his pro day, he played at 170 last season.  He also spent the offseason working with Brandon Marshall, who thinks Anderson can be a #1 WR.

Edited by Iron-cock

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With Decker and Marshall gone, Enunwa being injured it reminds me of Keenan Allen's rookie season where he was thrust into the WR1 role for his team by default...

Obviously the offense are much different but McCown likes his tall receivers as he helped with Pryor's explosion last year. It could turn into weekly relevancy for Anderson, he had a few good weeks last year. 

Just now, Finally Detroit Wins said:

With Decker and Marshall gone, Enunwa being injured it reminds me of Keenan Allen's rookie season where he was thrust into the WR1 role for his team by default...

Obviously the offense are much different but McCown likes his tall receivers as he helped with Pryor's explosion last year. It could turn into weekly relevancy for Anderson, he had a few good weeks last year. 

Actually a lot of things working in Bone's favor. People won't be taking the Jets seriously and they will be trailing in a lot of games......actually i would be targeting ASJ now. He's going to get a ton of looks.

I think I'd rather take a flier Ardarius Stewart based on his draft pedigree and likely lower ADP. Because Robby Anderson showed something last year and is now the de facto "WR1" I feel like his ADP will inevitably climb and anything other than a last 2 round flier is too much to pay for any part of the Jets passing game. Can't believe I'm talking about Robby Anderson's ADP being too rich for me but here we are.

I'm going to play weekly defenses against the Jets. If you grabbed any of the AFC East(Pats, Buff, Miami) defenses, you are in great shape this season. It's going to be a dumpster fire in NY. 

I don't believe in volume target players like Robby Anderson when the entire team is not even watchable. 

1 hour ago, TX Babe Ruth said:

I'm going to play weekly defenses against the Jets. If you grabbed any of the AFC East(Pats, Buff, Miami) defenses, you are in great shape this season.

Been said repeatedly.  Also the Pats play the Jets in week 17, so that isn't too fantasy relevant (still like the pats defense this year though)

Oh brother and sister. 

Source: NJ Advance Media - Connor Hughes

New York Jets WR Robby Anderson is out to a 'rough start' in training camp, according to Connor Hughes of NJ.com, who notes that the wide receiver is 'struggling to beat the press' and has 'dropped several easy completions.'

49 minutes ago, joey0480 said:

Considering the struggles, is he even worth a late round flier

Unless you're playing best ball, I think the answer is no. He'll probably have a few good weeks...good luck predicting when that will be. The Jets offense will be putrid. Hackenberg will be making starts this season. I don't see him as a high volume guy, and there's a list of at least 4 players that could realistically usurp his role as 'WR1' (Stewart, Hansen, Peake, even Marquess Wilson). Even if everything goes right I just see a really low ceiling. I'd rather take a flier on a guy with big upside or a running back who will win you games if the starter goes down.

The same person on twitter also stated that Robby had his "best practice of the summer" yesterday including a 75 yard touchdown catch from Hack. Think it would be silly not to throw a late round flyer at a guy who could conceivably receive the most targets on this team, even if that team sucks. 

18 minutes ago, '71 Bucks said:

there's a list of at least 4 players that could realistically usurp his role as 'WR1' (Stewart, Hansen, Peake, even Marquess Wilson).

I liked what I saw from Anderson last

season, but the sample size was inherently inconclusive.  We're starting from scratch here, so roles are up for grabs.  

Garbage time is king though, and no matter how many QBs rotate in, the target leader on this potentially winless team will have legitimate PPR value.

21 hours ago, joey0480 said:

Considering the struggles, is he even worth a late round flier

Robby Anderson putting on a show in individuals. Beat Claiborne twice with beautiful double moves. Nice start. #jets

Robby Anderson having a very good practice. Creating separation. #nyj

Hes been one of the stars in camp in these past two days (Day 9 and 10), seems to be stepping up in the absence of Enunwa. 

• 3 weeks later...

ESPN Jets reporter Rich Cimini singled out Robby Anderson as a standout player at training camp.

Anderson got off to a "rough start," according to beat writer Connor Hughes. But Cimini reports Anderson has turned it on over the past few weeks, improving as a route runner and showing good ball skills on off-target throws. Off-target throws figure to be a common thing from Jets quarterbacks this season. But as the default No. 1 receiver, Anderson is in the WR3/4 mix.

The Jets are terrible but should be throwing from behind a lot in second half of games and he could get garbage time yards against prevent defenses. Don't see why he couldn't get 1000 yards and 4 or 5 TDs if he is their best WR. As long as they don't start Hackenburg. 

1 minute ago, Tenner said:

He is great value. Because he was with the Jets last year...not many people saw the targets and the numbers down the stretch. 

At round 14...it is hard to pass up a guy that may get 125 targets. 

Targets wills definitely be there. Question is if they will be quality targets. For a late round WR, he is one of the best imo for a lotto ticket. Worse case if things don't work out, send him to the WW after a few weeks.