NBC Sports Edge Forums

Kenyan Drake 2017 Season Outlook

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, miasma16 said:

Did you mean to say "or" instead of "for"? Because that would make more sense. 

Probably, typing on a phone doesnt allow me to dominate vocabulary the way i am used to, hence so many edits on my part.

Nah. I went back and checked, i said it the way i meant it. Might brush up on your reading comprehension sometime.

Edited by DerrickHenrysCleats
7 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

I understand what you are saying but Gase has only drafted 1 RB during his stint as an nfl head coach and that was kenyan drake. 

I think drake gets the first shot, from there we will see if you are right or not.

Something must have made Gase comfortable enough to let Ajayi go.  Given how poorly things went early last season, I doubt he believes that a committee is preferable to Ajayi.  His faith in Drake (misplaced or not) looks like a real possibility. 

6 minutes ago, Rolling Thunder said:

Something must have made Gase comfortable enough to let Ajayi go.  Given how poorly things went early last season, I doubt he believes that a committee is preferable to Ajayi.  His faith in Drake (misplaced or not) looks like a real possibility. 

Agreed there has to be some belief that they will be better with drake. Probably not correct but we will see.

16 minutes ago, gus030 said:

Bad news for anyone who picked up this guy

Former Alabama RB + DerrickHenryLover already getting the hype train going 

This has the looks of a disaster before it has even started

Dammit!  If Cleats is on board, we're screwed (and I still have Henry...and J. Gordon...and DJ...and Carson - it's a keeper league, though not full dynasty).  Can someone post a list of the hype trains DHC holds tickets on?  I'd like to get off [some of] them.

12 minutes ago, AAWWyeah said:

Dammit!  If Cleats is on board, we're screwed (and I still have Henry...and J. Gordon...and DJ...and Carson - it's a keeper league, though not full dynasty).  Can someone post a list of the hype trains DHC holds tickets on?  I'd like to get off [some of] them.

Amari cooper

Mark ingram

Evan engram

Martavis Bryant

Deshaun Watson

Will Fuller

Zach Ertz

Corey Davis

DeDe Westbrook

Kenyan Drake

Derrick Henry

Edited by DerrickHenrysCleats
1 hour ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Probably, typing on a phone doesnt allow me to dominate vocabulary the way i am used to, hence so many edits on my part.

Nah. I went back and checked, i said it the way i meant it. Might brush up on your reading comprehension sometime.

Then what you said is nonsensical and wrong. Sorry for offering you a way out of it. Change of pace backs get drafted early all the time, so if you're going to tout another Bama running back, pick a different argument. 

6 minutes ago, DezBryant88 said:

Over here thinking about starting Drake over Mixon. 

Mixon has ruined my fantasy life.

A fifth round pick ruined you? Anyway, Jags aren’t that great against the run but the bengals suck so who knows

5 hours ago, Zekepeak86 said:

If ajayi couldnt do it, what makes everyone think drake can? Well, either way, good luck to everyone who starts him.

Maybe cause Ajayi is just a plodder like richardson. Are people not watching these games and just looking at box scores?

1 minute ago, lolcopter said:

A fifth round pick ruined you? Anyway, Jags aren’t that great against the run but the bengals suck so who knows

Fairly annoying to own. I look at that taken roster spot and I think what if.... what if someone else were in that spot. What if Mixon punching that chick put bad Ju Ju on my team. 

So I had to pick up Ju Ju to offset the Ju Ju’s.

34 minutes ago, AAWWyeah said:

He's been vocal about Sterling Shepard having zero, and he put an emphasis on zero, impact on Engram's target share.

Gase is not going to telegraph to his opponent to batten down the hatches and prepare for a full-on Drake onslaught.  But if they are smart, they will do just that.  And so will we.

DHC is not correct 100% of the time, but no one is.  He's posted a lot of good info on here in the last couple of years.

1 minute ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Gase is not going to telegraph to his opponent to batten down the hatches and prepare for a full-on Drake onslaught.  But if they are smart, they will do just that.  And so will we.

DHC is not correct 100% of the time, but no one is.  He's posted a lot of good info on here in the last couple of years.

Yet this "Cleats" fellow continuously talks up Henry like he is Jim Brown. He is more like Trent Richardson. haha.

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

21 minutes ago, StevenSC400 said:

Maybe cause Ajayi is just a plodder like richardson. Are people not watching these games and just looking at box scores?

Oh. Is he? Because he looked pretty good prior to 2017, back when the Dolphins had a mediocre line. Now that they have one of the worst offensive lines in the NFL, he's looked bad, sure. Are you not watching these games and just looking at box scores?

Edited by miasma16
1 minute ago, miasma16 said:

Oh. Is he? Because he looked pretty good prior to that, when the Dolphins had a mediocre line. Now that they have one of the worst offensive lines in the NFL, he's looked bad, sure. Are you not watching these games and just looking at box scores?

I'm not an expert on the Fish's Oline but when you are starting Jay Cutler/Moore, there is a good chance teams are stacking the  box and forcing the fish to pass. Parker hasn't done much and was injured and Landry is "just" a great possession guy. Until Parker proves that he is a long ball threat, it will be tough for the Oline to effectively run  block for whoever gets the starting gig. 
Either way, with bye weeks/injuries/suspensions, the upside with a guy like Drake makes him an appealing pick up. 

1 hour ago, Rolling Thunder said:

1 hour ago, DancingGnome said:

Agreed there has to be some belief that they will be better with drake. Probably not correct but we will see.

Ah yes, if there's one thing that's proven to result in tangible success, it's Adam Gase's opinions.

39 minutes ago, StevenSC400 said:

Yes I watch 0 football and dont even check box scores. Are you the one thats been blowing up this forum with all this box score crap? If ajayi is a plodder I cant wait after the second half of the season what Drake is called.

25 minutes ago, miasma16 said:

Oh. Is he? Because he looked pretty good prior to 2017, back when the Dolphins had a mediocre line. Now that they have one of the worst offensive lines in the NFL, he's looked bad, sure. Are you not watching these games and just looking at box scores?

Look at his stats from last year. He had 3 HUGE games. Outside of those 3 he hasn't done anything leading all the way through to this year. Yes the offensive line isn't great but Ive watched numerous games where he does have a hole but can't make 1 person miss and gets tackled by a cornerback. He looks like a plodder to me. No elusiveness and no strength to power through either. Maybe his knees can't hold up IDK but he just has looked flat out bad to me.

Edited by StevenSC400