NBC Sports Edge Forums

Michael Crabtree 2017 Season Outlook

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unless due he suffers an injury, he isn't going to regress much imo. He has been consistent his two years in OAK. 145-146 targets, 85-89 receptions, 900-1000 yards and 8-9 TDs. 

If you want a OAK WR, Crabtree is the one to draft based on his ADP. Leave Cooper for someone else to chase. 

1 hour ago, burninglegs said:

Unless due he suffers an injury, he isn't going to regress much imo. He has been consistent his two years in OAK. 145-146 targets, 85-89 receptions, 900-1000 yards and 8-9 TDs. 

If you want a OAK WR, Crabtree is the one to draft based on his ADP. Leave Cooper for someone else to chase. 

Probably not wrong. Cooper is the superior talent clearly, but Crabs is pretty important to what they do, despite his league leading fourteen drops last year (including playoffs). Either you could take that stat to mean he's not that great of a receiver and that talent could finally give way in Amari... or if Crabtree catches half those drops, his ADP is a full round higher right now.

I own him once this year already, so I'm invested to an extent. He definitely seems to be a ground rule double type play in the late-4th round of a 12-team PPR.

But I guess I could see him regressing for a few reasons such as age, Amari, added weapons (Cooks, Patterson), a tougher schedule, and a more committed clock-control game (Marshawn, Washington, Richard). But he's probably pretty safe for 80+ catches, maybe double digit TDs (5th in red zone targets last year).

Amari's pretty darn talented tho. At some point, he's going to have 100-1400-10 I would imagine. But to be honest, I'm not 100% sure that would damage Crabtree much if he did do that. Maybe it would, I dunno. I still think 80-1000-8 is pretty sustainable as a floor, but I could be wrong. 

Fitz vs. Crabtree is an interesting debate as they have similar ADPs, with Fitz coming in at a hair cheaper in that late-4th, 5th round range. 

Is Cooper back at practice? I heard he missed like 5 days a week or so ago with some lower body injury but never heard anything about him coming back.

If Cooper would somehow miss time, Crabtree would be an easy #1 in my eyes.

39 minutes ago, jetfan1983 said:

Fitz vs. Crabtree is an interesting debate as they have similar ADPs, with Fitz coming in at a hair cheaper in that late-4th, 5th round range. 

They're basically identical, except you can always get Fitz two rounds later than Crabtree for some reason. 

Fitz - More receptions

Crabtree - More touchdowns

51 minutes ago, jetfan1983 said:

The cliff is coming for Fitz sooner rather than later. Especially with Palmer as the QB. Crabtree for me.

I love Crabtree this year. He gets way more redzone looks than Cooper, and he wins more contested balls than Cooper. He's got Carr's trust. I'm able to get him in the back end of the 4th or top of the 5th round in most half PPR leagues and I'll gladly take him there.

3 hours ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

He's always the guy that is the better value, year after year.

When is Cooper going to make that leap? His contested catch rate and red-zone td efficiency metrics are horrendous. Does this improve this year?

The whole two years, in this "year after year" argument. 

On 8/14/2017 at 11:21 PM, PlayTheWaivers said:

He's always the guy that is the better value, year after year.

When is Cooper going to make that leap? His contested catch rate and red-zone td efficiency metrics are horrendous. Does this improve this year?

What is so puzzling to me is the amount of drops Crabtree had last year.  It was insane. 

But Carr kept feeding him.  

• 5 weeks later...

Any chance he can keep his WR1 status going? He's been extremely efficient this season (maximizing his targets) and has 3 TDs already!

I've gotten some really compelling offers for him as well ... seems like the fantasy community is extra high on him this year.

Edited by EmbargoLifted
23 minutes ago, Wahlee said:

thoughts on this week?  does he line up against Norman all game?  any concerns if he has to go against Norman?

Rotoworld believes cooper will see norman more but ive seen norman line up on the left side of D(right side offense) where crabtree seems to run more routes from. He didnt follow OBJ, DEZ or a brown last yr, so im leaning towards norman on him slightly more.....Crabs is physical though and should move around enough to get his looks. Im a cooper owner, I feel both will have pretty good games.

4 hours ago, Zekepeak86 said:

Rotoworld believes cooper will see norman more but ive seen norman line up on the left side of D(right side offense) where crabtree seems to run more routes from. He didnt follow OBJ, DEZ or a brown last yr, so im leaning towards norman on him slightly more.....Crabs is physical though and should move around enough to get his looks. Im a cooper owner, I feel both will have pretty good games.

I Agree, both with probably have good games. I'm sure the raiders will shift them around alot.

His rapport with Carr only seems to grow with each year. In this high octane offense, it's easy to imagine both Cooper & Crabtree alternating WR1 weeks, with the lesser man still putting up WR2 numbers. Not a bad investment at all. Crab was slept on for the second year in a row

34 minutes ago, leesanity7 said:

Is this dude the least talked about WR2 or what? 

I think he'll be a high-end WR2 if this offense keeps firing on all cylinders.

more like low end WR1... especially if you think that Derek Carr is going for close to 45-50 TDs season... he will get Fed... along with Cooper