NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Tyler Eifert 2017 Season Outlook

ellie826

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

29 minutes ago, iheartrubio said:

Kroft is going to steal this guys job.  Eifert is definitely drop material.    There has to be someone that is available to fill that spot.  Perhaps a hurried rookie rb or something.

definitely a player to watch while Eifert is out

I dropped Eifert once it was clear he would miss Week 3.  He just looked horrible in the last game he played -- writhing in agony on the sidelines after every target.  He didn't take any especially nasty hits by NFL standards in that game, just the same punishment that every other healthy tight end deals with week in and week out.  We have to look beyond the red zone upside and just accept that this guy cannot handle the physical workload his position demands in this league.  Even if he comes back next week, let someone else chase 2015's touchdowns and leave him on the wire. 

6 hours ago, kp96 said:

Gosh does anybody know when he is going to be back?  Any word at all?  I'd drop but his schedule is SO nice.  Even Denver is not horrible since they give up a lot of points to TE's.

The most logical guess right now is after their Week 6 bye.

6 hours ago, Chwf3rd said:

I think I'm going to pick him up during his bye to see if he comes back.  With the state of the TE position he still has the potential to be a difference maker.

In theory, yes. Could very well be a difference maker down the stretch. But does anyone have any info on how his recovery has been going?

37 minutes ago, k.k. said:

In theory, yes. Could very well be a difference maker down the stretch. But does anyone have any info on how his recovery has been going?

No but my point is that it's a good flier to take if you have the room and you can probably grab him after waivers run at no cost

3 hours ago, TheINC said:

I lost Clay this week and Eifert's been on the wire for the last few weeks, I can afford stash one of them on my IR, Eifert moreso than Clay at this point? 

There isn't any news that I've seen, but if Eifert comes back after the bye, I would think that would be a lot sooner than Clay.

ESPN saying he MAY need season ending back surgery. Being on a contract year, IF he can play again it will be for just over league minimum next year and someone takes a 1 year flyer on him. Never touching Mr. Glass ever again. Personally I say he retires and reside himself to a "could have been" status and move on with life. He was a pro-bowl TE in the NFL, time to use that name recognition while he can and put that college degree to work.