NBC Sports Edge Forums

Commissioner's Corner (2017 Edition)

37 minutes ago, Flynfiesta6 said:

I'm on a desktop as well... Once I click "uphold trade" it shows no more buttons and says the trade will process at the end of the 24 hoCapture.thumb.PNG.7b4551c0c919b0b0341113f404a3ff02.PNGur window...

This is for custom leagues.

They give you 4 options..... no trade review,1 day, 2 day, and 3 day review for LM only veto. My leagues are set for one day .....which I find works fine. 

Brock is right baseball LM can process the trade asap. 

Edited by shakestreet
  • Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, shakestreet said:

This is for custom leagues.

They give you 4 options..... no trade review,1 day, 2 day, and 3 day review for LM veto only. 

Yeah that's not the issue or the question.  In previous years if the setting was set as "LM Veto", the LM had the option after they upheld the trade to process it immediately instead of waiting for the 1,2 or 3 day period to end.  That option didn't come up when I went to process it. 

Just now, Flynfiesta6 said:

Yeah that's not the issue or the question.  In previous years if the setting was set as "LM Veto", the LM had the option after they upheld the trade to process it immediately instead of waiting for the 1,2 or 3 day period to end.  That option didn't come up when I went to process it. 

What about clicking on no trade review ..... then you have to assume that is What you want 

14 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

clicking on no trade review all trades are process..... 

I think you are missing the point, I was asking in my OP if anyone else who is an ESPN LM is experiencing this issue.  It was not like this last year and I wanted to see if other LM's were experiencing the same thing.

I am not inquiring about the different trade review period options that are available on ESPN.

17 minutes ago, Flynfiesta6 said:

I think you are missing the point, I was asking in my OP if anyone else who is an ESPN LM is experiencing this issue.  It was not like this last year and I wanted to see if other LM's were experiencing the same thing.

I am not inquiring about the different trade review period options that are available on ESPN.

Im in espn and have trades set to LM. I've pushed two trades through this year with no issues. Not sure why it's acting wonky on your end. 

2 hours ago, Psideresider said:

Im in espn and have trades set to LM. I've pushed two trades through this year with no issues. Not sure why it's acting wonky on your end. 

Thank you sir!  I don't know what it is, worked fine for the last 7 years up until this point!

Can confirm it works fine in our league too. Our trade window is set to 2 days, but we can push trades through at any time during that period after they have been agreed. For example, a trade on the 18th was upheld after 2 hours and a trade on the 17th after 12 minutes.

On 10/19/2017 at 11:04 AM, parrothead said:

A recent debate in my league started up surrounding our requirement of an active lineup and its conflict with who can be dropped.  

Backstory - we really encourage/pressure owners to having an active lineup, getting injured guys out of there, etc.  

Still dont know if I agree, I think you kind of have to be outfront of these things, but I guess so long as its a legit pickup, would rather have owners trying to make sure that they dont have dead spots.  Any thoughts out there?  

My take moving forward (next season)…

I don’t see the issue here at all with not allowing teams to drop injured players and pick up a lottery ticket that hasn’t played yet. 

If you charge everyone in your league like $1.00 per move made and give all that money to the regular season points winner then you will greatly reduce lottery ticket grabbing.  In leagues where moves made are just free for alls and someone can make 300 moves repercussion free this might be a problem, that’s why you gotta charge for moves made.

But this scenario is exactly why someone SHOULD be able to drop someone that didn’t play and pick someone up whose game is yet to begin.

I don’t like your proposal.  What if you pick up Vernon Davis (and now have to start him in your proposal) cause you think Jordan Reed isn’t going to play using these rules, now Jordan Reed is active last minute and you’re forced to play Vernon Davis who will suck. 

Just let people blow money on lottery tickets and build up a pot that someone can enjoy instead of causing people to potentially lose a week cause they had to take a zero they weren’t allowed to do anything about IMO.

My take as of today (Current Season) …

Dude screwed up.  Know the rules of the league you play in, even if they are foolish.  Everyone has to adhere to the same set of rules.

My other take as of today (Current Season)...

If my original "moving forward" is too hard to pull off (it makes it wayyyy better FYI)…. If you and your league all want that rule which allows analyzing the injury and making overrides, do whatever yall want that yall can all get behind.

Question for the masses...

Long running Live League.

We've got 14 members and 1 member sucks.  This will be 2 years in a row of last place or 2nd to last place.  He's become way less active in the league and is basically just a worthless bump on a log.

We've had a wait list that has 4 people on it for nearly 3 years now.

I hate to kick out friends and long standing league members, so I'm thinking of proposing something to this effect:

2 straight years of last place finishes and you are kicked out of the league

3 straight years of bottom 3 finishes and you are kicked out of the league

I basically want him to turn a new leaf or quit the league, but I hate asking someone to quit.

I'm fairly certain he'd realize these rules are fully intended for him. 

Do you think this is too harsh?  Do you think these are reasonable rules to propose?  Do you have something else you suggest?

3 minutes ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

We've got 14 members and 1 member sucks.  This will be 2 years in a row of last place or 2nd to last place.  He's become way less active in the league and is basically just a worthless bump on a log.

I hate to kick out friends and long standing league members, so I'm thinking of proposing something to this effect:

I basically want him to turn a new leaf or quit the league, but I hate asking someone to quit.

Do you think this is too harsh?  Do you think these are reasonable rules to propose?  Do you have something else you suggest?

Talk to him and see if he really wants to play... he can't enjoy losing money.  If he reiterates that he really wants to stay in the league, I wouldn't kick him out... I don't think it's a good enough reason just because someone is bad.  If he's starting guys on byes, etc. that's a different story.

My guess is he's lost interest and doesn't mind dropping out if you talk to him.  We have a guy like that in our league and he already said this will be his last year.

2 minutes ago, TonyVH said:

One of 14 will always suck. If he paid and participate by setting his line up why are you attempting to kick him out

He just left Parker in his lineup last night (inactive).  He did similar last year when he had given up.  He doesn't make any waiver claims.  

If you are the lucky guy to get him after week 3 each last few years you basically have a free win on your schedule cause he's checked out. 

He missed the draft this year too, something we all come to.  He's just checked out and I need him gone.  

Free money is cool, but fun and enjoyment is better IMO.

10 minutes ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

if you hate to kick out friends and long-standing members why are you even asking or even suggesting putting those rules in place....

secretly you want him out ... so man-up and tell him he is out

1 minute ago, shakestreet said:

if you hate to kick out friends and long-standing members why are you even asking or even suggesting putting those rules in place....

secretly you want him out ... so man-up and tell him he is out

I should rephrase...

I want him out of the league unless he randomly flips a switch, which I am unsure he will

I hate to kick out friends and long standing league members cause we're friends and that will obviously make things awkward.  There's certain things in a friendship where it gets hard to come back from and go back to where you were IMO.

I want to set rules in place where he eliminates himself, and the next potential person that goes down this path.

9 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

Talk to him and see if he really wants to play... he can't enjoy losing money.  If he reiterates that he really wants to stay in the league, I wouldn't kick him out... I don't think it's a good enough reason just because someone is bad.  If he's starting guys on byes, etc. that's a different story.

My guess is he's lost interest and doesn't mind dropping out if you talk to him.  We have a guy like that in our league and he already said this will be his last year.

I think this is a great suggestion.  I just don't know how to broach it lol.  

"Hey brother, come join us watch this Stros pound on the Dodgers this weekend... Now that you're here, let's talk about your pathetic Fantasy Football play the last 3 seasons" lol.

2 minutes ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

I should rephrase...

I want him out of the league unless he randomly flips a switch, which I am unsure he will

I hate to kick out friends and long standing league members cause we're friends and that will obviously make things awkward.  There's certain things in a friendship where it gets hard to come back from and go back to where you were IMO.

I want to set rules in place where he eliminates himself, and the next potential person that goes down this path.

I think this is a great suggestion.  I just don't know how to broach it lol.  

"Hey brother, come join us watch this Stros pound on the Dodgers this weekend... Now that you're here, let's talk about your pathetic Fantasy Football play the last 3 seasons" lol.

talking to him personally is the right thing to do...

a live draft with the buds is probably the highlight of his year  ... after that day he probably loses interest.

29 minutes ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

One thing about creating rules or discussions when trying to essentially reign in like one or two owners typically ends up often being missed on that owner.  I have a similar one in my baseball league, he has been in since the mid 90's, has not made a trade since like 2012, finishes at best mid pack, but usually bottom 1/3rd and co commish and I have had some discussions because its basically like a black hole where players disappear for 3-4 years.  I think its best to just have a discussion, a lot of owners in a lot of leagues are in the league for the social component of draft night so maybe kind of suggest that if the rest of the season he cant be more engaged, maybe he can be there on draft night to help with logistics or maybe needs to take on a co-owner?  

24 minutes ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

He just left Parker in his lineup last night (inactive).  He did similar last year when he had given up.  He doesn't make any waiver claims.  

If you are the lucky guy to get him after week 3 each last few years you basically have a free win on your schedule cause he's checked out. 

He missed the draft this year too, something we all come to.  He's just checked out and I need him gone.  

Free money is cool, but fun and enjoyment is better IMO.

I think you owe him a straight up conversation about expectations and how not setting a lineup or paying attention is affecting the rest of the league.    Forget the sneaky rules.    Tell him you are hearing complaints from other league members.     

Does he really want to play fantasy football because it’s fine if he wants to just come to the draft and give people crap/drink beer.  He’s your buddy first so you are being upfront about the situation.  

Yeah it depends on his attitude towards your league..if he doesnt care in the least and its a trend you see..i would definitely have a talk with him and explain how his actions have ramifications for everyone else in the league (free wins etc) and if his heart really isn't in it then you'll have to find a replacement. If he was really trying though and luck just hasnt bounced his way I wouldn't kick him out bc of his poor record..heck i try like hell in my league and ive finished dead last and 2nd to last in 2 of the past 3 seasons and am off to a 2-5 start this season. I'd hate for a league run by my friend to kick me out due to record because that's basically out of my control that the players i have underperform or i run into a team on a hot streak. 

1 hour ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

I think you need to have a private conversation with him. Start it with a softball question like “Are you enjoying the fantasy league? Seems like you’re not really into it”. Then bring up how you’ve noticed his inactivity & invalid lineups. Let him know everyone expects fair play & an honest effort through the season. He may just admit that it’s not really interesting & he just wants to be involved with the guys. He can always attend the draft & hang out. Even better...if that’s all he really likes about it, you have yourself an auctioneer if you want to change to auction style!

1 hour ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

Give me his cell phone number, i will talk him into bequeathing his team to me and proceed to kick donkey through that league.