NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Chris Carson 2017 Season Outlook

hard1

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I liked this guy's reel when I watched it a few weeks ago. Wrote this in my notes after watching it: 

Christopher Carson, RB 7th round. This guy's pretty cool. Big 2 down back, but with really nice explosiveness. He's having a great camp too. A name to watch. Def. makes Alex Collins expendable. Def. like this guy. 

I doubt he has redraft value as I think Rawls is probably the guy to own if everyone stays healthy (which obviously isn't happening haha). But dynasty, 3rd round or wherever he goes in rookie drafts, is definitely an informed move at this point, success or not. 

7 minutes ago, wonderbread said:

I'm starting to wonder if all the hype is warranted though. Admittedly, I haven't seen any tape on Carson, but he rushed 7 times for 19 yards in a preseason game against the third team defense in a blowout game.

I'd say that's a garbage stat line...he did get the 2 tds but still that's unimpressive 7 carries 19 yards...blah....but the reviews in practice are rave....evidently....so guess we'll see...

Just now, hard1 said:

This is a good point two carries were for one yard each...yeah he truck sticked that guy.

Yeah, I think that was a DE he flattened.  Color me impressed with how explosive he is at the line, it seemed like he was looking through that lineman the whole time before running him over.  

Overrated. He's a two down back at best. Never did anything in college. Definitely is not going to make an impact unless Lacy, Prosise and Rawls all go down. But even then I don't see him doing much. Luckily for him Rawls, Lacy and Prosise seem to be prone to injury. 

Been reading up on him for dynasty.  Like his size and fact he didn't fumble at OK State.  Also a plus that teammates and Carroll been positive about him. Silva's dynasty rankings commented he never had a run more than 26 yards at OK State.  That's a bit of a concern but did only have 213 total carries. Watched some college tape and he doesn't have much shimmy.  Would rather run defense over than make them miss.  Showed it in preseason game on TD runs.  Hype train gaining steam but can't see him more than a backup this year.  But could be their RB of future.    

2 hours ago, Root4Redbirds said:

Been reading up on him for dynasty.  Like his size and fact he didn't fumble at OK State.  Also a plus that teammates and Carroll been positive about him. Silva's dynasty rankings commented he never had a run more than 26 yards at OK State.  That's a bit of a concern but did only have 213 total carries. Watched some college tape and he doesn't have much shimmy.  Would rather run defense over than make them miss.  Showed it in preseason game on TD runs.  Hype train gaining steam but can't see him more than a backup this year.  But could be their RB of future.    

As in backup to the backup?

16 hours ago, Finally Detroit Wins said:

Would love him if he was with another team but he needs 3 injuries to have value in this backfield.

With these three in question, could be happening right now. If you listen real closely and put your ear to the screen, you can hear soft tissues tearing

On 8/16/2017 at 6:57 PM, boltup15 said:

Overrated. He's a two down back at best. Never did anything in college. Definitely is not going to make an impact unless Lacy, Prosise and Rawls all go down. But even then I don't see him doing much. Luckily for him Rawls, Lacy and Prosise seem to be prone to injury. 

I take back the overrated comment. He looks faster and like a better receiver tonight than he did in college. He did get a decent amount of receptions in college comparatively to the amount of snaps he played. Lacy looks slow. Rawls seems like he's always hurt. Seems like a solid dynasty stash to see what his potential is. By the time he could be the starter, that o-line could be bolstered.