NBC Sports Edge Forums

Chris Carson 2017 Season Outlook

1 hour ago, maxim730 said:

Rawls is going to play week 2.. time to drop Carson for Kamara ... just in case

Rawls was supposed to be all systems go this week.  Where was he?  I'll believe it when I see it.  There's a part of me that thinks Carson is Rawls in disguise.  You'll never see them both in the same place at the same time.

Edited by dogfightgiggle
  • Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't this same thing happen last year? I realize it isn't the extent that it was last year with Rawls shattering his ankle into a million pieces, but this seems like a lingering issue with his ankle. Is it the same one?

Last year didn't they try to rush Rawls back and it actually made him re-aggravate the injury? This seems like deja vu to me. Am I crazy or is that what happened this time last year?

21 minutes ago, mdw5048 said:

Didn't this same thing happen last year? I realize it isn't the extent that it was last year with Rawls shattering his ankle into a million pieces, but this seems like a lingering issue with his ankle. Is it the same one?

Last year didn't they try to rush Rawls back and it actually made him re-aggravate the injury? This seems like deja vu to me. Am I crazy or is that what happened this time last year?

He was rushed back with no training camp and 1 preseason carry  He was injured again by game 2.  PeteBoy was hyping his return for weeks

1 minute ago, Sternes said:

Those who watched, how optimistic are you they can have a run game if it is Carson?   It this a he can be a decent back if he got the ball, or get the heck out and sell while people think he can be decent?

Personally I think Carson is their best shot due to how bad their o-line is.  At least he has the ability to make something out of nothing, which is what will need to happen on a pretty regular basis.

18 minutes ago, mikeflavaz said:

Personally I think Carson is their best shot due to how bad their o-line is.  At least he has the ability to make something out of nothing, which is what will need to happen on a pretty regular basis.

He looked good blocking too, which seems like he's going to need to be on the field doing quite a bit.

6 minutes ago, wendellrott said:

Word is Rawls ankle replacement is having complications

and I needs a hotdog showed up Sun.

Grand Opening of the Prosise Minute Clinic soon to Open

PC falls madly in love with Chris Cannon by week 4

Chris Carson or Christy Canyon?

9 minutes ago, gullit18 said:

Carson looked good but I'm concerned by Carroll's love for Rawls, he loves him. 

Agreed.  Even after practice today....

"He [Rawls] has really been working up a sweat out there. He's looked strong and dominant. You know he's working hard when his gluteus tense up, and I love that about him!"   Pete Carroll, 9/12/2017

What's frustrating me right now is there's not that "hype" moment outside of posts here and maybe the occasional analyst mentions Carson, even tho he's clearly the best looking back and Eddie lacy is clearly not going to run away with the job.

Like cohen has officially blown in into that pickup everyone wants, and that's fine... But I have Carson almost locked in all my leagues and I hate the limbo land he's in right now. No major commitment to him yet, but he looks promising, but still until there is that confirmation he is the main man it's frustrating to own him.

That confirmation however I guarantee would come the moment I drop him, oh yes indeed

Edited by Savatage79

Hold for sure to see how things shake out in SEA. Curious to see his usage this week with Rawls back. Very similar situation as in NO.

Kamara, an injury to Ingram away from becoming (likely) lead back. AP washed up.

Carson, an injury to Rawls from becoming (likely) lead back. Lacy washed up.

Two of the most solid RB holds I can think of this year this early in the season.

1 hour ago, FreakFries said:

I'm holding if for no other reason he plays the Colts week 4. 

10 points in standard seems like a reasonable expectation at this point. 

Didn't they just hold Gurley to 2.1 YPC? Or maybe it was the Rams that did...

1 minute ago, JohnD said:

Yeah but didn't every team in the league do that last year too?

This is a full 50% lower than his 3.2 YPC last year. :)  It makes me wonder if the Colts aren't quite the cake matchup on the ground as they have been for a while (air is a different story with Goff throwing for over 300 and Vontae out).

27 minutes ago, jtbgator said:

Hold for sure to see how things shake out in SEA. Curious to see his usage this week with Rawls back. Very similar situation as in NO.

Kamara, an injury to Ingram away from becoming (likely) lead back. AP washed up.

Carson, an injury to Rawls from becoming (likely) lead back. Lacy washed up.

Two of the most solid RB holds I can think of this year this early in the season.

If Ingram got hurt, Peterson would be the early down RB.  Kamara is a buck 95.

That said, I think Kamara is going to be a valuable PPR player in the Darren Sproles mold.

I think Carson doesn't need a Rawls injury to take over the lead spot in Seattle.  He just needs to keep performing when given a chance and not make rookie mistakes.

The question is, will the Seattle RB be worth having ... whoever it is.