NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Chris Carson 2017 Season Outlook

hard1

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, dashoe said:

No way I would start a SEA rb when I am not 100% confident on how that SEA rb will be used. The thing you know for certain is Pete Boy is unpredictable with his rb's.  

Using your own logic, you should never own a Seattle RB, because you will never start them.

There's nothing ambiguous about who the guy is in Seattle. If you want to bench him because you don't like the matchup or because the Seahawks offense generally blows, I don't blame you. I have the same concerns. If you want to bench him because you're afraid of Thomas Rawls I want to be in your league, sign me up

Edited by Anteater99

6 minutes ago, Anteater99 said:

Using your own logic, you should never own a Seattle RB, because you will never start them.

I'm fluid. You have to be in fantasy to compete for a title, however every player on my roster is available for trade which means I have to constantly evaluate  my roster and look at it's composition. Carson is not priced as a must start on my roster given the limited data, uncertainty and history of SEA rb's  but he is priced as a potential starting rb to trade  in order for me to improve my team. 

Edited by dashoe

27 minutes ago, dashoe said:

I'm fluid. You have to be in fantasy to compete for a title, however every player on my roster is available for trade which means I have to constantly evaluate  my roster and look at it's composition. Carson is not priced as a must start on my roster given the limited data, uncertainty and history of SEA rb's  but he is priced as a potential starting rb to trade  in order for me to improve my team. 

Dasboot?

5 minutes ago, jtbgator said:

It's coming together gents. Patience is a virtue.

The Seahawks will also have a decision with four running backs all healthy. Last week, Eddie Lacy was the odd man out as Thomas Rawls returned from a high ankle sprain, and Carroll was asked if there will be any changes in the backfield this week.

“We’ve got to wait and see at the end of the week,” Carroll said. “But I’m really happy that we have the guys we have and Thomas got in and played and made it through it and came out OK. It gives us all of our options.”

http://sports.mynorthwest.com/342464/pete-carroll-changes-to-the-offense/

The usual Petey Boy vague bull****. Teams are not scheming to stop your crappy running game PETE!!!!!!! Cut the crap and name your fracking starter like a normal coach!!!! 

Stop trying to be so darn CLEVER that's how you lost a Super bowl!!  <_<

22 hours ago, FinsUp24 said:

Yeah that's the thing. I wouldn't start Carson anyway. I'm ridiculously loaded at RB. I was hoping to hold out for a league winning absolute stud like a David Johnson 

Hope you got him.  You can always trade a RB for an upgrade at a different position.  Starting RB's are the most precious commodity in fantasy football.

8 hours ago, dashoe said:

No way I would start a SEA rb when I am not 100% confident on how that SEA rb will be used. The thing you know for certain is Pete Boy is unpredictable with his rb's.   Week 1 lacey was the starer  who was going to get tons of carries, then Rawls was the starter even with a high sprain, then lacey then in game Carson is. Week 2 Rawls is 100 % healthy so he will be the starter and we still like lacey but forgot we are going to make him inactive because we want to see some things with Carson but Rawls is 100% healthy and will 100% be the starter but in game Carson takes over. 

Good luck with that because all you know prosise becomes the man with more Rawls sprinkled in on the goal line and your wondering wtf happened to Carson getting 20 touches. 

All because Petey Boy is the Most Cleverest Coach in the World

He can be coy with the media but this isn't Belichick we are talking about.  When Carroll has a running back that is excelling he sticks with him. 

37 minutes ago, kp96 said:

Hope you got him.  You can always trade a RB for an upgrade at a different position.  Starting RB's are the most precious commodity in fantasy football.

Yeah I ended up grabbing him. There are people in my league really hurting at RB so hopefully Carson blows up week 4 against the Colts and then I will most likely sell him. 

I really believe in the talent. I was one of the people going into a frenzy on this board during the preseason. I just feel like this situation leaves a lot to be desired. Certainly helps that Wilson is such a mobile QB though. Carson also showed very good hands in preseason. 

4 hours ago, Anteater99 said:

There's nothing ambiguous about who the guy is in Seattle. If you want to bench him because you don't like the matchup or because the Seahawks offense generally blows, I don't blame you. I have the same concerns. If you want to bench him because you're afraid of Thomas Rawls I want to be in your league, sign me up

I own Carson and I don't own Rawls. NOBODY would be happier than I would be if you're right. Unless I'm missing something, I just don't understand how some of you guys can talk in such absolutes about this situation. 

I think that there's a great chance this opinion ends up being spot on. In fact, I'd probably say it's better than 50/50. But there's also a chance Rawls was being eased back in last week and Carson was showing to be effective so they decided to stick with him for last week. It really wouldn't shock me if I turned on the Seattle game Sunday and the first offensive play of the game it was Rawls in and not Carson. I still think that this is a wait and see, and I would not start Carson over someone like the Crow vs Indy because of each ones respective floors.

Hard to pick him over Henry, but I like his situation.

I also understand the trepidation for starting him this week.  What we do know is Rawls started last week and got a quick hook, indicating PC properly didn't think he was getting as much yardage as he should have.  Rawls never re-appeared, and Carson had his best runs at the end of the game, PC stuck with him when he wasn't getting much early on.  But isn't that the usual for big bruisers unless they're up against a cakewalk? 

I'd like to see Carson catch a few more balls to keep defenses honest.

Edited by Red Dog

On 9/19/2017 at 10:40 PM, whoopsie said:

Maybe but not likely. He was on the Hawks for a year and did f--- all and they know how to run the ball. Now he's behind 2 backs (eventually to be 3) in Baltimore where Buck Allen has already blossomed and he's a guy they drafted. Carson already looks to have the job.

Trust me Alex Collins is better than Buck + west, don't be fooled by the simplistic logic that if he was cut by SEA then he won't do well on the Ravens. lynch was traded to sea for  a bag of peanuts and look how he turned out.

Stash Collins if West keeps having soft tissue complications

9 minutes ago, ShopHeirlooms said:

Just got offered Stefon Diggs for Carson. Owner thinks Bradford is done. Idk man is Carson going to be good? I really need a 2nd WR. What can I realistically expect from Carson?

I think he will be a solid rb2 most weeks with rb1 upside in good matchups.  He doesn't play 3rd downs (yet) so you can't project him as top tier guy, but games where they are up or it is tight, he will do pretty well.  He's the goalline back too.  I'm dismissing any chance that Rawls will take the job back of course.  Carson has just looked too good. 

Edited by kp96

Just now, kp96 said:

I think he will be a solid rb2 most weeks with rb1 upside in good matchups.  He doesn't play 3rd downs (yet) so you can't project him as top tier guy, but games where they are up or it is tight, he will do pretty well.  He's the goalline back too.  I'm dismissing any chance that Rawls will take the job back of course.  Carson has just looked so good. 

This is so stressful. I’m pretty set at RB with Bell, Howard, Cohen, McCaffery. I don’t even know who I’d sit for the maybe that Carson is. I see people in here saying RB1! How? Is this really a possibility? I’m still thinking committee. I say if you have him, trade him to the highest bidder. 

12 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

Ha.

Better than Henry or Buck Allen. Good one.

Carson vs Henry will be close. Allen will be nowhere near these 2

20 minutes ago, ShopHeirlooms said:

Just got offered Stefon Diggs for Carson. Owner thinks Bradford is done. Idk man is Carson going to be good? I really need a 2nd WR. What can I realistically expect from Carson?

I would hold Carson & try to deal Howard. His name value from last year may fetch you a better WR than Diggs. He's also going to face 8-man fronts all year because nobody is afraid of the Bears WR's

7 hours ago, dashoe said:

Trust me Alex Collins is better than Buck + west, don't be fooled by the simplistic logic that if he was cut by SEA then he won't do well on the Ravens. lynch was traded to sea for  a bag of peanuts and look how he turned out.

Stash Collins if West keeps having soft tissue complications

I wouldn't categorize the Lynch trade as a bag of peanuts.  The Bills were able to get back two picks for him: a 4th + a 5th rounder.  Been worse compensation on other players before.

Donovan McNabb getting traded to the Vikings:

According to sources, the trade will involve a 2012 sixth-round draft pick and a conditional sixth-round pick for 2013 going to Washington. The Redskins had wanted fifth- and seventh-round picks from Minnesota.

Original McNabb trade from Eagles to Redskins:

Donovan McNabb was traded to the Washington Redskins for a 2010 second-round pick and a conditional 2011 third- or fourth-round pick. 

Matt Cassel, getting traded from the Bills to the Cowboys:

NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport broke the news Tuesday that Dallas acquired quarterback Matt Casselfrom the Bills. The Cowboys later confirmed the move, which didn't cost the team much. The Cowboyssent a 2017 fifth-round pick to the Bills in exchange for a 2017 seventh-round pick

Saints just traded a player they picked in the first round (Stephone Anthony) for a 5th-rounder.

Edited by Robrain

Robin - thanks for the C Carson highlights! Haven't seen him play yet.'

He looks really good to me.

... but holy crap Seattle's O line is abominable. If they don't completely focus on the O line next year than all I can say is they must be trying to loose, get Russel Wilson killed or both. On some of those highlights it literally looked like they were playing WITHOUT an O line! It's like the SF D was counting 2 Mississippi and then running in to the back field! You literally cannot even find and O line player on some of those plays! Its ALL defenders! Jeez.

Hopefully they keep feeding Carson because every time he got a hole he sure made the most of it. He looks good. I have hope he will be an RB2.

Love what Baldwin said about Carson...

A lot of young guys come in and they're young. They have a young mentality. They're just kids. It's OK because they are kids,'' Baldwin said. ''But he is a professional, I guess that is the best way I can describe it. He's a professional. He has shown us nothing short of professionalism since he's been here. The way he runs the ball, the way he catches the ball, the way he blocks, the way he picks up his assignments, it doesn't matter what it is, he's just on top of his game. It's a beautiful thing to watch, especially for a young kid coming in.''